Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act Committee (CSSRA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:17:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act Committee (CSSRA)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act Committee (CSSRA)  (Read 2307 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »

Hello guys, I'm sorry for keep you waiting but this week was definitely hell in School. But I think that we should start calculations as soon as possible! Where do you guys think we should start? The CSS payroll tax? The costs of benefits?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »

Am I still part of this or did I get booted?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »

Am I still part of this or did I get booted?

You are. I just need to find out a substitute for Polnut!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:16:17 PM »

Ok well I'm signing in in that case!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

With regards to the payroll tax, or primary objective is to ensure that it is a less than a 10% increase in taxation? (we should probably review and clearly establish the exact wording before us so we don't make some error)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »

Also on that now, I would recommend placing a link to the CSS wiki page into the OP for convenience as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »

Mr. Secretary?

Fellow Committee Members?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »

I'll put the wiki page here tomorrow!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Comprehensive_Social_Security_Reform_Act
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »

Thank u! Busy week once more :S
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »

Since this is all about finding out how much did the taxes increased, let's take a look at what taxes are created by the CSSRA.

One of the things that I noticed is that this was basically abolished. The CSSRA mentions about a payroll for healthcare but it doesn't create mechanisms of financing for the Social Security itself.

Those are the "contributions" that the CSSRA mention:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's surprising the fact that we currently don't have a payroll tax anymore to finance social security! Does it mean that we have had a SS unfinanced for years??

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 08:31:49 AM »

That may answer my question:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Social_Security_Taxation_Act_2009

Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »

Keep in mind that we have a paryoll tax for Healthcare that is around 7%. I would get the exact numbers but I am in a hurry and will have to save the rest of what I want to say for tomorrow on this matter.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »

Keep in mind that we have a paryoll tax for Healthcare that is around 7%. I would get the exact numbers but I am in a hurry and will have to save the rest of what I want to say for tomorrow on this matter.

It's 6.5% (see section 4).

Here by the way is the last budget update I did as GM, just in case it comes in handy.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »

Shua, does that budget update you link to, include both sections of this^?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »

No, since it became part of the CSS budget rather than the regular budget.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »

Okay so the Payroll Tax is exempt, I forgot about that.

We need to identify the population levels who would be applicable in each part and then work some income estimates so that we can caculate how much revenue each clause contributes.

We then have to compare that to the revenue raised outisde of this act to see if it is 10%. We have to cosndier where we should use the current revenue levels or those of last year when this should have been done?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »

UI would be the easiest since we can use the number of employees as provided by the GM (last years or this years?) and then get an estimate for the income from which we can calculate the amount of contributions. We also have to consider it in relation to the previous unemployment program to determine what exactly is increase over and above that preivous amount, which is then the magic number that UI revenue contributes to the "Increase in Revenue derived from the CSS's passage".
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »

UI would be the easiest since we can use the number of employees as provided by the GM (last years or this years?) and then get an estimate for the income from which we can calculate the amount of contributions. We also have to consider it in relation to the previous unemployment program to determine what exactly is increase over and above that preivous amount, which is then the magic number that UI revenue contributes to the "Increase in Revenue derived from the CSS's passage".

Let's say what the law did. Let's compare things before the CSSRA and one year after the CSSRA. Personally, I don't really think that we are going to see an increase on revenues, if any, but I totally agree with you. We shall start with the UI  but we may also have to take a look at the SS Contributions of 2009 that the law is talking about. Does anyone can find out those numbers?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 03:10:40 PM »

I estimated 1% of payroll as $110 billion for my calculation of the healthcare payroll tax for 2013.  So we can use that, keeping in mind GNP growth over whatever time period we end up looking at.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »

6.5%
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 07:55:57 PM »

Shua beat you to the punch on filling in the gaps of my memory, Nappy. Tongue

I estimated 1% of payroll as $110 billion for my calculation of the healthcare payroll tax for 2013.  So we can use that, keeping in mind GNP growth over whatever time period we end up looking at.

Isn't the payroll tax exempt from the 10% limitation?

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 07:58:52 PM »

Let's say what the law did. Let's compare things before the CSSRA and one year after the CSSRA. Personally, I don't really think that we are going to see an increase on revenues, if any, but I totally agree with you. We shall start with the UI  but we may also have to take a look at the SS Contributions of 2009 that the law is talking about. Does anyone can find out those numbers?

We need to figure out the revenue raised by prexisting UI contributions so that we have a standard for comparison for what came before. Were there any UI laws prior to the CSS within Atlasia, or was it the US statute as of say 2003?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 12:30:11 AM »

Shua beat you to the punch on filling in the gaps of my memory, Nappy. Tongue

Isn't the payroll tax exempt from the 10% limitation?

The healthcare payroll tax is, but UI is basically structured as a payroll tax as well, so the same $/% figure can be used to calculate that.

btw, the Minor Insurance "contribution" is a mandatory tax, since all households are mandatorally enrolled (see 7.2)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »

I think I see what you are saying now.

Okay so back to unemployment insurance revenue...
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies