The Syria Resolution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:47:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Syria Resolution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Where will it pass, if at all?
Passes the House

Defeated in the House

Passes the Senate

Defeated in the Senate

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: The Syria Resolution  (Read 4103 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »

They do, but not enough to export.  Besides, maybe they would be an oil exporter once we sell them on the wonders of fracking.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

I see and I hope you see the game that is going to get played. First we will do the strikes then all of a dudden Obama will say we must put  troops on the ground and then we have 20,000 people there and we a wasting money there for 10 years.

Hell during that span we might go to Iran for we can have our Iraq-Afghanistan all over again

You mean like the 20,000 ground troops we have in Libya?

Nah, even if sending in ground forces were a sensible option, which it is not, there's no way it would happen.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »

It will pass the Senate and maybe even the house. Both sides are falling in line. Even if it doesn't, I think Obama will strike anyway, which I like. It's beginning to remind me of my boy dubya.

It does remind me of Dubya, which I hate.  I favor striking Assad's regime, but if Congress does not authorize it, we should not strike.  And if Obama authorizes the use of force anyway, he should be impeached, even tho I know there's no chance he'd be convicted.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »

It will pass the Senate and maybe even the house. Both sides are falling in line. Even if it doesn't, I think Obama will strike anyway, which I like. It's beginning to remind me of my boy dubya.

It does remind me of Dubya, which I hate.  I favor striking Assad's regime, but if Congress does not authorize it, we should not strike.  And if Obama authorizes the use of force anyway, he should be impeached, even tho I know there's no chance he'd be convicted.

Ernest, do you really think it will pass the House?

Don't know, but since Obama's been signaling that as far as he's concerned this is all theatre and he'll do what he wants anyway, I'm not worrying about counting how many chickenhawks will hatch in Congress.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies