2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:25:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91846 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »

Schedule for Tom Daschle

September 22

Rally in Deltona, Florida

Dan Quayle thinks he's won... Let's show him this race isn't over just yet... Let's at least make this interesting.

Town Hall in Oak Hill, Florida

Town Hall in Holly Hill, Florida

Rally in Ormond Beach, Florida

I feel that while Vice-President Quayle and Senator Powell may have two stronger individuals on their ticket, we have the stronger team! Senator Lincoln has said nothing that she, nor I believe is factually untrue, and while it may have been impolite, these things do have to be aired. That is why I am not dropping and will drop Senator Lincoln, barring her death or other inability to perform her functions in the Senate, such as injury, severe illness or legal problems.

Town Hall in Yulee, Florida

September 23

Town Hall in Fernandina Beach, Florida

Town Hall in St Augustine, Florida

Fundraiser at the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine, Florida for Daschle/Lincoln 2000 and Nelson 2000 (With Bill Nelson, Arnold Palmer, and Tom Watson)

Town Hall in Brent, Florida

September 24

Town Hall in Ensley, Florida

Town Hall in Century, Florida

Town Hall in Gulf Breeze, Florida

Town Hall in Evergreen, Alabama

Town Hall in Greenville, Alabama

September 25

Referee Tractor Races at the Butler County Fair in Greenville, Alabama

Town Hall in Sweet Water, Alabama

Town Hall in Demopolis, Alabama

Town Hall in Berry, Alabama

September 26

Town Hall in Winfield, Alabama

Town Hall in Haleyville, Alabama

Town Hall in Sumiton, Alabama

Town Hall in Leeds, Alabama

September 27

Town Hall in West Grove, Pennsylvania

Town Hall in Honeybrook, Pennsylvania

Town Hall in Avondale, Pennsylvania

Town Hall in Coatesville, Pennsylvainia

September 28

Town Hall in Paramus, New Jersey

GOTV/Voter Registration in Garfield, New Jersey

GOTV/Voter Registration in Teaneck, New Jersey

Town Hall in Emmaus, Pennsylvania

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #451 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »

OOC: Working on the update, I will post this small speech in the meantime.

Vice-President Quayle "encouraged" by latest polls, he is confident of his chances:

"Well, I honestly feel touched and quite encouraged by the latest polls. There were many people in 1998 that thought that I would be an electoral disaster, but look at us now. A majority of Americans are behind this massive effort, and we are making progress to create a broad coalition. People mock conservatives for being old fashioned, but the truth is that conservatism can appeal to most Americans in a very direct way, and Senator Daschle's proposed policies keep proving my point. Americans don't want a War on Coal, and those who want Bike Lanes will probably agree with me when I say that we have more urgent priorities. Take for example Senator Lincoln's speech on foreign policy, she speaks of a massive success . Should I mention Haiti, Bosnia and Rhodesia? Perhaps China? And what about the Middle East? The Clinton administration has botched foreign policy, Senator, which is why General Powell and me want to restore confidence and efficiency in foreign policy.

What we see right now in this stage of race is a team that is giving a 100% to win, and a team that remains on damage control. Senator Lincoln has defended herself very well, and she has also admitted some of Bill Clinton's mistakes, but right now we see the Democrats supporting the President's policies without regard for personal conduct, and that tends to me harmful. Specially after seeing Vice-President Gore joking about the First Lady, or the Monica Lewinsky rally, or Senator Lincoln's pessimistic comments on her own campaign... What I offer for America is a concrete plan, personal integrity in the White House, a more comprehensive approach to the people and my assurance that we are ready. The people see our team as much more Presidential and Vice-Presidential, and a majority of Americans call for Senator Lincoln's replacement on the ticket. I made mistakes back in 1988, sure, but my comments never backfired that much."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #452 on: February 25, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »

Powell Campaign Schedule: Sept 22-28

September 22: Ohio
-Barnstorming Ohio "Clear Vision for America Tour"
-Interview with WCPO-TV , Discussing the experience of the Quayle/Powell Ticket.
-Interview with WJW, Discussing Foreign Policy

"Senator Daschle and Senator Lincoln have proven time again throughout this campaign that they are not ready for prime time and most certainly not ready for The White House. Dan an I bring a life time of experience to the White House. We will not duck and cover when it comes to tackling the issues of our time, we will lead and we will lead effectively with clarity and purpose...as the saying goes, as Ohio goes, so goes the nation. We need you Ohio, help us make it to the finish line!"

Sept. 23: Ohio
-Rally in Akron, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH
-Rally in Dayton, OH
-Rally in Toledo, OH
-Interview for World News Tonight, discussing Foreign Policy "Quayle/Powell represents security and stability abroad. We know the world, know the world's leaders. The 21st century will be an American one, if we have the right kind of leadership that embraces America's potential and exceptionalism."

Sept. 24: Pennsylvania
-Rally in Pittsburgh, PA
-Rally in Allentown, PA
-Town Hall in Gettysburg, PA
-Town Hall in Scranton, PA
-Town Hall in Lancaster, PA

"The difference in our economic philosophies can be described like this: For Dan Quayle it's cut, balance, growth. For Daschle it's spend, deficits, bankrupt!"

Sept. 25: Connecticut
-Town Hall in Waterbury, CT
-Town Hall in New London, CT
-Town Hall in Bristol, CT
-Town Hall in Hartford, CT

Sept. 26: New Hampshire
-Rally in Concord, NH with Sen. Judd Gregg
-Rally in Exeter, NH
-Rally in Durham, NH
-Rally in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Colebrook, NH

Sept. 27: Maine/New Hampshire
-Rally in Portland, ME
-Town Hall in York, ME
-Town Hall in Augusta, ME
-Town Hall in Lewiston, ME
-Tour of Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
-Rally in Portsmouth, NH

Sept. 28: Ohio/Pennsylvania
-Rally in Harrisburg, PA
-Rally in Philadelphia, PA
-Rally in Cleveland, OH
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #453 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(September 22nd - September 28th) Sad

"Sure, some of our conservatives might feel a little bit surprised at some of my latest proposals, but they know deep down that Dan Quayle is no liberal. I fought in the Senate for a better national defense and missile spending, I fought for familiy values as Vice-President, and conservatives will have a friend and ally with me in the White House. But, so will moderates, independents and minorities. It's about time we prove to America that the Republican Party is inclusve, compassive and willing to work with people. We will fight for our social beliefs, our economic beliefs, our foreign policy beliefs, and all the beliefs we have held as a party. On November, please go to the polls, and prove Tom Daschle that he can't take America (and much less the South) for granted!"

September 22nd:
-California:
 -Town Hall in Anaheim, CA.
 -Town Hall in Bakersfield, CA.
 -Rally in San Francisco, CA.
 -Rally in Fresno, CA.
 -Rally in Long Beach, CA.
 -Rally and Barnstorm in Los Angeles, CA.

September 23rd:
-California:
 -Town Hall in Santa Ana, CA.
 -Town Hall in Oakland, CA.
 -Rally in San Jose, CA.
 -Rally in Sacramento, CA.
 -Rally in North Coast, CA.
 -Rally and Barnstorm in San Diego, CA.

Let's make history, California! Let us break twelve years of Democrac hegemony and show America that this campaign has appeal everywhere! If I managed to break my sterotypes, then everybody can, and the polls show it. A coaltion of people moved by the desire of a stronger and more capable America, an America truly aware of the 21st Century. Tom Daschle wants us to go forward with the Clinton Era, but why should this nation go with stagnation for the sake of nostalgia? General Powell and I are looking towards the future, and our polices are designed to keep the good things while adding better ones. This is our time, California!"

September 24th:
-Nevada:
 -Bus Tour in North Las Vegas, NV.
 -Bus Tour in Reno, NV.
 -Bus Tour in Lake Tahoe, NV.
 -Bus Tour in Henderson, NV.
 -Bus Tour in Paradise, NV.
 -Rally in Las Vegas, NV.

September 25th:
-Oregon:
 -Town Hall in Eugene, OR.
 -Town Hall in Gresham, OR.
 -Town Hall in Hillsboro, OR.
 -Town Hall in Beaverton, OR.
 -Rally in Salem, OR.
 -Rally in Portland, OR.

"Glad to be in the middle of Oregon, nobody can seriously complain about the weather and the beauty of the zone. I have been slipping in the polls here thanks to the environmental comments, but I come here to stand by them. Economic growth is vital to our nation, and while it has never been my intention to harm the environment in any way, we must not act with haste. And you can trust us to hold Amerca's best intentions while in the White House. Wasn't a Republican President, Richard Nixon, the one who created the EPA? Conservatism calls for conserving and preserving our environment as well, don't forget that."

September 26th:
-Minnesota:
 -Rally in Rochester, MN.
 -Barnstorm in Minneapolis, MN.
 -Rally in Bloomington, MN.
 -Barnstorm in St. Paul, MN.
 -Rally in Plymouth, MN.
 -Barnstorm in Duluth, MN.

September 27th:
-Wisconsin:
 -Bus Tour in Kenosha, WI.
 -Bus Tour in Madison, WI.
 -Bus Tour in Green Bay
 -Bus Tour in Appelton
 -Bus Tour in Racine
 -Rally in Milwaukee, WI.

"And yes, we will achieve Educational reform! We will make our schools more efficient, we will reduce the burden of parents, and we will make your very own lives in school much easier and much more technological! The Democratic Party wishes to focus on teachers, and I respect that, but I feel the focus should be in you, the young people. Most of you won't vote in November, some of you won't even vote in four more years, but these reforms will make a difference. We can make a difference in America, and you can be a part of it as well. Now, I'm not suggesting blackmailing your parents... (Laughs) But discussing politics with them doesn't hurt, right?"

September 28th:
-Michigan:
 -Town Hall in Warren, MI.
 -Town Hall in Sterling Heights, MI.
 -Rally in Ann Harbor, MI.
 -Rally in Grand Rapids, MI.
 -Rally in Flint, MI.
 -Rally and Barnstorm in Detroit, MI.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #454 on: February 26, 2014, 04:35:58 AM »

So, I can update now. It'll likely be this evenning.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »

So now NYE doesn't want to play anymore. We have two options here:

1) Next update will be election night or
2) Someone replaces NYE as Daschle and Lincoln.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »

It's not that I don't Want to play... It's that there's an active movement trying to drive me out of the forum, and I don't think there's any way to save myself.... Otherwise I would keep going.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »

It's not that I don't Want to play... It's that there's an active movement trying to drive me out of the forum, and I don't think there's any way to save myself.... Otherwise I would keep going.

I think that you should keep playing (and I sincerely hope you stay). The rest may complain, but I don't think you have done anything wrong in the forum.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2014, 10:07:03 AM »

I think that you should keep playing (and I sincerely hope you stay). The rest may complain, but I don't think you have done anything wrong in the forum.

Fine... I'll keep going, as unhappy as I am...
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #459 on: March 02, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »

AfO Volunteers Recruit Young People

Volunteers from Americans for Opportunity have launched an effort called, "Students For Opportunity." These groups are founded on college campuses to promote the mission of AfO in growing the economy and strengthening our country. Students for Opportunity meets weekly and we've added 500 dues-paying students in swing states across the country. They will be independently organizing doorknocking, phonebanking, and small-time paid contact efforts even after election day.

Addition to Minority Grassroots Army

AfO has raised an additional 300 targeted volunteers and 1,200 volunteers outside of targeted areas. We've put $100,000 into paid canvassing and voter contact to dull Daschle's numbers among African Americans in the South. Rove said, "The Southern Strategy was a success in the 60's, 70's, and 80's but now it must be changed and adapted. By shrinking the Democratic base in the South, we're keeping it red for years to come."

Americans For Opportunity discloses Relationship with For-Profit Research Firms
Rove says, "We hired the Perry & Smith Research firm to conduct our opposition research for the 2000 campaign. They've been a joy to work with and have turned up some very revealing information. They were our largest research vendor alongside 6 other research firms, all with the mission of revealing that which the Democrats would rather us not know."

*2 different emails sent, without subject, without body, only an attachment reading "Oppo1" and "Oppo2" to reporters at New York Times and Washington Post, respectively*

OOC: Julio, it's your choice what's in the documents. I would rather them be lighter stuff, nothing October-surprise in them just some credibility-damaging, message-knocker-offer stuff. I would like to have one more tidbit which IS October-surprise worthy. /end OOC

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2014, 02:08:43 PM by Assemblyman Riley Keaton »

Mailer to Union Households Across the Country

OOC: I am not writing out the whole mailer but I'm gonna put the talking points here. /end OOC

-Daschle wants to make it easier for jobs to move overseas, AND raise taxes to make them go
-Bikes lanes won't put food on the table
-People want to know that their leaders have integrity, Clinton and Daschle disappoint.
-Quayle brings honor to the office, protects and creates jobs, supports a good education for every
child

*Unconnected to Americans for Opportunity*
Tom Daschle Truth PAC formed

A shadowy, 501(c)4 organization has been formed with 10 million in contributions from anonymous donors. They're self proclaimed mission is to, "Make sure Tom Daschle tells the truth about his radical liberal ideology, his service(or lack thereof) in the Air Force, and the damage he hopes to do to our great nation." The

The group is reserving media space in key media markets across the country. Campaign finance reform advocates are weary, watching the group closely. The group has already sent a fundraising letter with the signature of Russell E. Dougherty, former commander-in-chief of the Strategic Air Command.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #461 on: March 05, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »

So... Update?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: March 08, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #463 on: March 08, 2014, 09:36:42 PM »

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #464 on: March 08, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #465 on: March 13, 2014, 11:06:14 PM »

I would like to see an update, even if the next one is election day.

Tom Daschle Truth PAC launches 10 million dollar buy for the week before Election Day

Message of the ad:
     -Chairman of the Truth PAC Russell Dougherty declares that Daschle acted dishonorably in the Air Force
     -Says that Daschle should apologize to all of the veterans he dishonors by exploiting his service
     -Claims that as a Senator, Daschle utilized his power to POSSIBLY suppress knowledge of dishonorable behavior.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: March 14, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »

Sorry, guys. 2014 is being a tough year and the last things I wanted to do were studying and everything involving brain-working Tongue (including updating this). But later today you'll have a big update, and never again I'll let this "die". Sorry and thanks for the patience.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #467 on: March 14, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »

Your Welcome, and thanks for putting up with me as well...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #468 on: March 14, 2014, 09:28:42 PM »

September 29th-October 5th begins now

-Blanche Lincoln image recovers (a bit) after Daschle explicit support for her and a more or less "calm" week with only one gaffe (about having already lost the election)!!.

-Al Gore campaigning for Tom Daschle in Minnesota give the South Dakota senator a slim edge over republican Quayle, PRP poll indicates. Is that lead real? Will the rust-belt come home for Daschle in November...?

-Does Tom Daschle really think he can win in Alabama or does he visit the state just because he likes it? Polls show him still trailing there, but not by double-digits yet.

-Is Quayle too confident about winning the Presidency in November? Some polls indicate that the race has tightened this week.

-Hundreds of students join "Students for Opportunity". Experts indicate that may be exactly what Quayle needs to make sure he wins states that voted for Clinton twice but are in play now!

-Candidates fighting for Pennsylvania. As of today, two polls taken in the state show an statistical tie with Quayle leading by just 1 in one of them. No clear favourite in the Keystone State, but Collin Powell managed to get more Pennsylvanians hear his speech: almost 60,000!

-Daschle and Quayle have reasons to fear: the first has lost some support among liberals (which still keeps very, very strong), the second is starting to seriously lose white's support, maybe because of his inmigration views, or maybe it's just statistical noice. Let's see how they react to these "problems"...

National PRP Poll (September 20th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 49% (-1)
Daschle/Lincoln 44% (=)
Undecided/DK 7% (+1)

-Among whites:

Quayle/Powell 52% (-2)
Daschle/Lincoln 41% (+1)
DK/U 7% (+1)

-Among liberals

Quayle/Powell 7% (+1)
Daschle/Lincoln  88% (-3)
DK/U 5% (+1)

National Gassmussen Poll (September 18th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 50% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 43% (+1)
Undecided/DK 7% (-1)

National B2000 Poll (September 20th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 49% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (=)
Undecided/DK 6% (=)

Do you think Blanche Lincoln should be replaced as VP candidate?

Yes 50% (-4)
No 37% (+5)
DK/U 13% (-1)

-Among democrats:

Yes 32% (-8)
No 46% (+8)
DK/U 22% (=)

Minnesota:

Daschle/Lincoln 49%
Quayle/Powell 45%
DK/U 6%

Alabama:

Quayle/Powell 51%
Daschle/Lincoln 43%
DK/U 6%

Pennsylvania (by PRP):

Quayle/Powell 46%
Daschle/Lincoln 46%
DK/U 8%

Pennsylvania (by F&N):

Quayle/Powell 48%
Daschle/Lincoln 47%
DK/U 5%

New Mexico:

Quayle/Powell 49%
Dachle/Lincoln 46%
DK/U 5%

(Map coming each two weeks, so next week Tongue).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #469 on: March 15, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »

Daschle/Lincoln Surrogate Schedule

John Kerry

September 29

Rally and Nature Hike at Mine Falls Park, Nashua, New Hampshire (With Carl Pope, Paul Watson, Bernie Zaleha, Chuck McGrady and Robbie Cox)

The autumn foliage around is majestic, but Republicans, yes the same Republicans who said they would not stand by and let the land be plundered, the same Republicans who established the Environmental Protection Agency are attempting to hypocritically rewrite the rules to give Corporations like Royal Dutch Shell, Hess Corporation and others to pollute at will, without any interference from anyone else. Republicans already control Congress and the Supreme Court. Don't give them the White House as well.

Town Hall in Dunstable, Massachussetts

Rally at Holman Stadium, Nashua, New Hampshire (With Pedro Martinez) (Attendance 3,118 individuals (Not Counting Pedro or Kerry)

New Hampshire has long had a history of making bold decisive decisions. When Senator Daschle and I were battling here in New Hampshire. I won by nine points. I was expected to win by about twenty. Why? Because Tom Daschle saw the value of every vote. He kept campaigning despite the certain defeat, and now he is the nominee, and I am not. Senator Daschle will keep fighting for you as a taxpaying voter whether you are a Libretarian, or a Socialist, he'll put your needs as a people first. 

September 30

GOTV/Voter Registration in Little Falls, New Jersey (With Jon Corzine and Frank Lautenberg)

GOTV/Voter Registration and Magic Show in Bloomingdale, New Jersey (With David Blaine and David Copperfield)

Cocktail Fundraiser at The Johnson County Public Library, Paintsville, Kentucky (With Tubby Smith, Denny Crum and Rick Pitino)

September 31

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bohemia, New York

Surfboard Raffle and Fundraiser in Kismet, Long Island

GOTV/Voter Registration in East Meadow, New York

GOTV/Voter Registration in Roosevelt, New York

October 1

Fundraiser in Lido Beach, New York

GOTV/Voter Registration in Baldwin, New York

GOTV/Voter Registration in South Ozone Park, New York

GOTV/Voter Registration in Astoria, New York

October 2

GOTV/Voter Registration in Ybor City, Florida

Town Hall in Pinellas Park, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

Town Hall in Maderia Beach (With Bill Nelson)

October 3

Town Hall in Seminole, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Dunedin, Florida

GOTV/Voter Registration in Port St. Lucie, Florida

Town Hall in Punta Gorda, Florida (With Bill Nelson)

October 4

Ten-Gallon hat raffle and fundraiser, Ardmore, Oklahoma (With Brad Henry and Mark Gastieneau)

GOTV/Fundraiser in Naperville, Illinois

GOTV/Fundraiser in Wheaton, Illinois

Fundraiser in Dixon, Illinois (With Rod Blagojevich)

October 5

GOTV/Voter Registration in Wausau, Wisconsin (With Brett Farve)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin (With Ahman Green)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin (With Kabeer Gbaja-Bialama)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Okee, Wisconsin (With Darren Sharper, Na'il Diggs, and Vonnie Holliday)

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #470 on: March 15, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

Senate polls (!!!; 1/3)

Arizona:

Jon Kyl (R) 59%
Bill Toel (I) 14%
Vance Hansen (G) 13%
Barry Hess (L) 4%
DK/U 10%

Rating: SAFE REPUBLICAN

California:

Dianne Feinstein (D) 46%
Tom Campbell (R) 40%
Medea Benjamin (G) 5%
Gail Lightfoot (L) 1%
Diane Beall Templin (AI) 1%
DK/U 7%

Rating: LEANS DEMOCRAT

Connecticut:

Joe Lieberman (D) 50%
Philip Giordano (R) 38%
William Kozak (CC) 3%
Wildey J. Moore (L) 1%
DK/U 8%

Rating: SAFE DEMOCRAT

Delaware:

Thomas R. Carper (D) 48%
William V. Roth, Jr. (R) 44%
DK/U 8%

Rating: LEANS DEMOCRAT (Pick-up)

Florida:

Bill Nelson (D) 46%
Bill McCollum (R) 45%
Willie Logan (I) 3%
DK/U 6%

Rating: PURE TOSS-UP

Georgia:

Zell Miller (D) 50%
Mack Mattingly (R) 42%
DK/U 8%

Rating: LIKELY DEMOCRAT

Hawaii:

Daniel Akaka (D) 60%
John S. Carroll (Republican) 27%
Lauri Clegg (NL) 4%
DK/U 9%

Indiana:

Richard Lugar (R) 64%
David Johnson (D) 28%
Paul Hager (L) 3%
DK/U 5%

Maine:

Olympia Snowe (R) 57%
Mark W. Lawrence (D) 36%
DK/U 7%

Maryland:

Paul Sarbanes (D) 55%
Paul Rappaport (R) 40%
DK/U 5%

Massachusetts:

Ted Kennedy (D) 60%
Carla Howell (L) 15%
Jack E. Robinson III (R) 13%
Philip F. Lawler (C) 3%
DK/U 9%

Michigan:

Spencer Abraham (R) 48%
Debbie Stabenow (D) 46%
DK/U 6%

Rating: TOSS-UP/TILTS REPUBLICAN

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »

Gubernatorial polls (!!!; 1/2)
:

Delaware:

Ruth Ann Minner (D) 50%
John M. Burris (R) 43%
Floyd McDowell (ID) 2%
DK/U 5%

Rating: LIKELY DEMOCRAT

Indiana:

Frank O'Bannon (D) 48%
David M. McIntosh (R) 44%
Andrew Horning (L) 2%
DK/U 6%

Rating: LEANS DEMOCRAT

Missouri:

Jim Talent (R) 47%
Bob Holden (D) 45%
Larry Rice (I) 1%
DK/U 7%

Rating: TOSS-UP / TILTS REPUBLICAN (Pick up)

Montana:

Judy Martz (R) 47%
Mark O'Keefe (D) 44%
Stan Jones (L) 3%
DK/U 6%

Rating: TOSS-UP / TILTS REPUBLICAN

New Hampshire:

Jeanne Shaheen (D) 43%
Gordon J. Humphrey (R) 43%
Mary Brown (I) 9%
DK/U 5%

North Carolina:

Mike Easley (D) 46%
Richard Vinroot (R) 45%
Barbara Howe (L) 2%
DK/U 7%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »

Schedule for Blanche Lincoln

September 29

Ceremonially register pumpkins and enter Arkansas artwork at Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin Show Early Registration, Half Moon Bay, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Albany, California (With Ron Sillman, Jerry Brown)

GOTV/Voter Registration in El Cerrito, California (With Adam Sessler, Gray Davis)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Moraga, California (With Matt Biondi, Daniel Levitin)

Wine, Cheese and Guacamole Tasting Fundraiser in Napa Valley, California

September 30

Rally in Fairfield, California (With Noriyouki "Pat" Morita, Anthony Swofford, Cruz Bustamante)

With debate night approaching, for both me and Senator Daschle we need all the help we can get at the moment. I do look forward to debating Colin Powell, who's a reasonable intelligent person, and really should be atop the Republican ticket. As for Vice-President Quayle, I know he's been sounding smart all year, maybe he's taking something like Adderall, because I know he didn't sound this intelligent before. If he is, I congratulate him on unlocking his true potential. If he isn't, well excuse me for just being completely confused about how someone who couldn't spell Potato in 1992, or misstating that we committed the holocaust, and not the country who actually did it, Germany, to a rational, person who is able to go gaffe-free for almost a year. It completely boggles my mind!

GOTV/Voter Registration in Novato, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Healdsburg, California

September 31
GOTV/Voter Registration in Petumla, California (With Christina Hoff Summers, Bill Prozinzi, Clark Coolidge)

Ceremonially Open Oktoberfest, Cotati, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sebastapol, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Valley Ford, California

October 1

GOTV/Voter Registration in San Anselmo, California (With George Lucas, Donald Novello, Michael Jantze, Ayslworth Crawford "Ford" Greene, David Fincher and Lynn Woolsey)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sausalito, California (With Cyra McFadden, Robin Williams, Ken Pontac, Jeff Gerstman, Joanie Greggains, Dean Ornish, Robert Burton, Michael Murphy, Steven Wiig, Lisa Mason, and Willie Brown)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Mill Valley, California (With James "Jim" Lange, Maury Sterling, Mariel Hemingway)

Judge Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival, Mill Valley, California

October 2
GOTV/Voter Registration in Pinole, California

Rally in Richmond California (With Dr. Frank Jobe)

The Daschle campaign supports doctors willing to go the distance on behalf of patients. Without this spirit we wouldn't have Tommy John Surgery, Artificial Hips, Artificial Knees, and a host of other medical treatments once deemed impossible. What Tom Daschle and I don't support is a doctor trying to play God, holding life and death in his or her hands, without seeking approval from anyone else. While we both support the principle behind a terminally ill patients right to end their life, we recognize that power is easily abused, which is why the Daschle campaign would require states to develop a separate licences for doctors who wish to be employed this way. In addition our proposal would bar prison executioners from being employed as "right to die specialists". Finally Doctors who would be performing a "right to die" procedure must have  approval from both the patient themselves (if possible) and any person or persons who have power of attorney or are eligible to have power of attorney over that patient. 

GOTV/Voter Registration in Stanford California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sunnyvale California (With Teri Hatcher, Andrew Fire and Steve Wozniak)

October 3
GOTV/Voter Registration in Monte Sereno California

GOTV/Voter Regisration in Dixon California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Susiun City, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Rockville California (With Kevin Danell Mann "Brotha Lynch Hung"  Karyn White, Johnny Davis and Cruz Bustamonte)

October 4
Olive Oil and Olive sale and Fundraiser at the World's Largest Olive, Lindsey California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Dinuba, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Pixley, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Woodlake, California

October 5

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bishop, California

Authentic Animal Skulls from Death Valley Auction/Fundraiser in Darwin, California (With Dianne Feinstien)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Crystal, Nevada

GOTV/Voter Registration in Tonopah, Nevada (With Harry Reid)

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #473 on: March 15, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »

Daschle/Lincoln Surrogate;

Bill Clinton

September 29

Rally at the Fargodome in Fargo, North Dakota (With Kent Conrad, Earl Pomeroy, Heidi Heitkamp, and Daschle/Lincoln, North Dakota Deputy Campaign Chair/Buffalo Wild Wings CEO Sally Smith) (Capacity for rally 26,700, turnout for rally 26,664)

North Dakota may vote for Dan Quayle to succeed me as President. That's okay... But what North Dakotan's and, indeed all Americans need to remember is that, a President alone, does not a government make. Indeed our Government has many layers, and several of North Dakota's finest happen to be on display tonight. In addition to my own endorsement, I am happy to convey the endorsement of the Daschle/Lincoln Campaign to Senator Kent Conrad, who's been a tireless user of charts to explain his policies, he is one of the few Democrats that can truly be called a perfect fit for North Dakota, Attorney General, Heidi Heitkamp, who is running for Governor against the President of the Bank of North Dakota. In a State with such a long populist tradition, both Senator Daschle and I believe Heitkamp is not only the right choice, but the only choice, to be North Dakota's next Governor. Add the selection of her running mate, Aaron Krauter, one of your most engaged State Senators, and Heitkamp should be a no-brainer. Finally we endorse Congressman Earl Pomeroy, who faces a tough battle against Statehouse Republican John Dorso. But Pomeroy, has been fighting hard for North Dakota and defeating him would be a major step backwards.

Rally at Dahlberg Arena in Missoula, Montana (With Brian Schweitzer, Nancy Keenan, Marc O'Keefe, Daschle/Lincoln Montana Deputy State Director and former State House Speaker John Driscoll, and Daschle/Lincoln State Chairman (Honorary) Max Baucus) (Capacity for rally 5,500, Turnout for Rally 5,509)

Montana, you may vote for Vice-President Quayle this November... Okay, but Senator Daschle and I implore you to, even if you don't vote for him, take a look at our candidates downballot, who both Senator Daschle and I are supporting. Brian Schweitzer, who despite being a simple farmer, has shown all of the populist fire his state has had since the days of Jeanette Rankin, Nancy Keenan, who like Senator Lincoln, comes from one of the most rural parts of the country, and provides a progressive and populist streak to go with it, and Mark O'Keefe, the State Auditor, who like Vice-President Gore and Senator Daschle cares about our enviornment, and has the bones to back it up, having done everything, being a bear ranger to founding a glacier-themed tour guide company. These candidates are what Montana's about.

Town Hall in Ogden, Utah

September 30
Rally at Sudduth Coliseum, Lake Charles, Louisiana (Capacity for Rally 7,450 Attendence at Rally 5.32Cool
We're not out of the South yet! Despite all the catastrophes the last polls released only had us ten back here, just eight in Alabama! We still have a pulse in Arkansas after all the fumbles and fiascoes, and we're not dead yet in Florida or Tennessee! This race isn't over Dan Quayle and everyone knows it!

Rodeo Fundraiser at Burton Coliseum, Lake Charles, Louisiana (Includes Mechanical Bull Last-Longer contest, worth $5,000) (Capacity 4,000, Attendence 1,900)

Visit Troops at Dyess Air Force Base, Abilene, Texas

September 31

Visit Troops in Fort Bliss, Texas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Clint, Texas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Horizon City, Texas

GOTV/Voter Registration in Anthony, Texas

October 1

GOTV/Voter Registration in Fort Sumner, New Mexico

GOTV/Voter Registration in Silver City, New Mexico

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bayard, New Mexico

GOTV/Registration in Clifton, Arizona

October 2

Ceremonially close Wyoming's Big Show in Rock Springs, Wyoming

GOTV/Voter Registration in Meeker, Colorado

October 3

GOTV/Voter Registration in Addison, Pennsylvania

GOTV/Voter Registration in West Brownsville, Pennsylvania

GOTV/Voter Registration in Twilight, Pennsylvania

GOTV/Voter Registration in Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania

October 4 and 5

Attend to duties at the White House, Washington D.C
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #474 on: March 16, 2014, 02:27:33 PM »

Daschle/Lincoln surrogate;

Al Gore

September 29

GOTV/Voter Registration in Big Bear Lake, California (With Dianne Feinstein)

Attend Panel Discussion of Primary Colors at Big Bear Lake Movie Festival, Big Bear Lake, California (With Joe Klein, John Travolta, Emma Thompson, Harold Ickes, Larry King, Maggie Williams, and Charlie Rose)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Highland, California

September 30

GOTV/Voter Registration, Desert Hot Springs, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Cathedral City California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Rancho Mirage, California (With Larry Ellison, Gregg Juarez, Barbara Boxer, Ken Venturi)

September 31

Rally at the Lake Elsinore Diamond, Lake Elsinore California (With Dianne Feinstein, Susan Davis and Daschle Campaign director for California Congressional Districts Orange County, San Bernadino County, Riverside and Imperial Counties/San Diego City Councilwoman Christine Kehoe) (Capacity 8000 people, total attendance 7,768 people)

Senator Daschle and Senator Lincoln aren't the only candidates we wish to support this November! Senator Feinstein has done an admirable job and deserves to return to congress over the far-right beliefs of Rep. Tom Campbell. We endorse Susan Davis, a State Assemblywoman who authored a law giving Californians directs access to Obstetricians and Gynecologists without having to seek referrals from primary care physicians first, a significant step forward for woman in California! Senator Daschle needs people like this in Congress if he wins, and he needs people like this in Congress if he loses because he's leaving the Senate in bitter defeat either.

Fundraiser at the Buffalo Inn, Upland, California (With Eddie Lawson, Gary Paul Davis "Litefoot", Franklin Bruno, Tom Jankiewickz) (Turnout 600)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Montclair, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in La Verne, California (With "Sugar" Shane Mosley

October 1

GOTV/Voter Registration in Glendora, California

Visit Troops at Vandenberg Air Force Base

Rally in Santa Maria, California (With Inga Muscio) (Turnout 6,600)

I know Vice-President Quayle really wants to win here, after all his hero, Ronald Reagan was Governor twice, hell he technically won here back in 1988! But 2000 isn't 1980, it isn't 1984 and it isn't 1988!

October 2
GOTV/Voter Registration, Los Osos, California

Wine, Cheese and Cake Tasting Fundraiser in Paso Robles, California (Attendance 1,345 Separate Individuals)

October 3
Rally at Paso Robles Event Center, Paso Robles California

It's going to be a fight to the end and I have every confidence that Senator Daschle will come out victorious, but in the event he does not, I call on Democrats to return him Senate Leadership, as he was one of the few with cojones to challenge the Republicans when we have an unpopular leader, which while it happens seemingly every second term, hasn't happened like this since, well Nixon.

GOTV/Voter Registration in Grover Beach, Califorina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Pismo Beach, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Arroyo Grande, California (With Lou Ferrigno)

October 4

GOTV/Voter Registration in Lone Pine, California

Attend Lone Pine Film Festival (Screening, Dave What Planet Are You From Catch-22 The Birdcage Year of The Gun Reindeer Games and Smoke Signals)

October 5

GOTV/Voter Registration in Furnace Creek, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Pahrump, Nevada

GOTV/Voter Registration in Pioche, Nevada

GOTV/Voter Registration in Cailente, Nevada

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies