2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:34:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91861 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 16, 2014, 08:29:30 PM »

OOC: The Senate numbers look great, the GOP candidates are three to four points stronger than OTL, which suggests that my lead actually brings coattails at the Congressional level. If this margins holds up and the debates go for Quayle and Powell, we could get a GOP administration with a Senate majority.

Oh, also, college has been very demanding, so my schedule will be up tomorrow!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #476 on: March 16, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »

If this stretches to 2004, I'd likely join... Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #477 on: March 16, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »

I might pop back in myself. Do you have any plans for 2004, Julio?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #478 on: March 16, 2014, 10:07:09 PM »

Schedule for Tom Daschle

September 29

Rally at Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor Michigan (With Debbie Stabenow) (Capacity 107,501, Actual Attendance 103,009)

Michigan, Election Day is a month away, and we know a Quayle coronation is something that just doesn't fit. What's more it looks like the Senate will flip soon... And even I lose, I'd love to have a workable and reliable Senate to go back to. That is why in addition to stopping here for a Presidential Campaign I am here to extend an official endorsement to Congresswoman Debbie Stabenow, a former member of the Ingham County Board of Commissioners and the Michigan State House and Senate. Stabenow has been in Michigan politics since graduate school, and is a perfect complement to Carl Levin in the U.S Senate! She's a proponent of every core tenet of our campaign including, support of abortion rights, limits on drilling in the Great Lakes, Health Care Reform including an expansion of Mental Health benefits, and support of Same-Sex Marriage. Debbie Stabenow is a partner of this campaign, and would be an excellent Senator if Michigan gave her a chance.  

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bay City, Michigan

GOTV/Voter Registration in Midland, Michigan

GOTV/Voter Registration in West Branch, Michigan

September 30

GOTV/Voter Registration in Rose City, Michigan

GOTV/Voter Registration in Gladwin, Michigan (With Debbie Stabenow)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Beaverton, Michigan

Perform Coin toss at Toledo vs Central Michigan game, at the Glass Bowl, Toledo, Ohio (Capacity 26,248, Attendance 19,909)

September 31

Debate Prep in Toledo, Ohio (With Evan Bayh as Quayle, and Leon Panetta as the Moderator)

GOTV/Voter Registration, Oberlin, Ohio/Oberlin College

GOTV/Voter Registration, Avon Lake, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration, Lorian, Ohio

October 1

Debate Prep in Elyria, Ohio (Evan Bayh as Quayle, Ted Strickland as Moderator)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Ashland, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Loudonville, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Baltic, Ohio

October 2

Debate Prep in Dover, Ohio (Ted Strickland as Quayle, Daniel Inyoue as Moderator)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Ulrichsville, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bolivar, Ohio

October 3

GOTV/Voter Registration in New Philadelphia, Ohio

Rally at Jacksonville Coliseum, Jacksonville, Florida (With Bill Nelson) (Capacity 10,276, Actual Attendance 10,119)

Florida, you know better than any other state the importance of keeping a calm head in a crisis... You know that when Hurricane Andrew hit your state, some Republicans wanted to tie Federal Aid to spending cuts. That just isn't fair to you, and for anyone past and future to ever have gone through a catastrophic disaster, be natural like Hurricane Andrew or Hurricane Camille, or man-made, like the bombing of Pan Am flight 103, high in the skies over Lockerbie, or the recent oil pipeline explosion in Nigeria, in which roughly 250 villagers lost their lives. You just can't can't take away the ability of people to rebuild and rise from the ashes.

GOTV/Voter Registration in Reading Pennsylvania

Debate Prep in Reading Pennsylvania (Thomas Murphy is Quayle, Ed Rendell is Moderator)

October 4

Debate Prep in Elmira, New York (Andrew Cuomo is Quayle, Mario Cuomo is Moderator)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Trenton, New Jersey (With Jon Corzine, Frank Lautenberg and Robert Torricelli and George McGovern)

Chocolate Night Fundraiser, Hershey Pennsylvania (attendance 5,000)

October 5

Fundraiser , Deer Valley Rock Art Center, Phoenix, Arizona (Attendance 876)

GOTV/Voter Registration, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

Debate Prep, Munroe Falls, Ohio (Herb Kohl as Quayle, Lloyd Dogget as Moderator)

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #479 on: March 16, 2014, 10:09:02 PM »

I might pop back in myself. Do you have any plans for 2004, Julio?

I'd be happy to go on to 2004, if;

A; 2000 finishes reasonably soon
B; I don't get banned anytime soon

If neither of those things happen, you'll see me in 2004 (Especially if I win of course)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #480 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:39 AM »

OOC: The Senate numbers look great, the GOP candidates are three to four points stronger than OTL, which suggests that my lead actually brings coattails at the Congressional level. If this margins holds up and the debates go for Quayle and Powell, we could get a GOP administration with a Senate majority.

GOP candidates are stronger in certain areas of the US because of your campaign, that for sure. But there are other areas where Daschle is polling better than Gore was in real life. I'll be releasing the 2nd part of Senate polls later today, BTW.

About 2004... I'm not sure. What I really wanted was to re-start the 2008 game (the one Bloomberg-Tmth won) but maybe going to 2004 with 11-S and maybe not going to Irak may be more interesting... I'll think about it once the 2000 election is called for one of you Tongue

And remember you can still join the game as surrogates Senate or Governor candidates!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #481 on: March 17, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »

Oh, I thought you completely moved on from 2008 by this point, but I would honestly be more interested in continuing that and seeing if Bloomberg can survive for another four years. Whatever you decide to do will be fine with me, though.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #482 on: March 17, 2014, 08:31:48 AM »

Again, I'll gladly play as someone in 2008. IIRC we wanted to skip the primaries, but no one did anything, so it died.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #483 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »

GOP candidates are stronger in certain areas of the US because of your campaign, that for sure. But there are other areas where Daschle is polling better than Gore was in real life. I'll be releasing the 2nd part of Senate polls later today, BTW.

About 2004... I'm not sure. What I really wanted was to re-start the 2008 game (the one Bloomberg-Tmth won) but maybe going to 2004 with 11-S and maybe not going to Irak may be more interesting... I'll think about it once the 2000 election is called for one of you Tongue

And remember you can still join the game as surrogates Senate or Governor candidates!

Well, Daschle and Quayle would have the benefit of hindsight, and I imagine a Daschle cabinet would never go to Iraq. It gets tricky with Quayle, but since I have no intention of nominating Cheney and Wolfowitz for anything if I win (I'm unsure about Rumsfeld), 2004 should be a very different and amusing election if played.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #484 on: March 17, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(September 29th - October 5th) Sad

"There's a month left until the election, and there's so much to do! During this campaign we have discussed defense, foreign policy, governing style, immigration, health care, education and a lot of different issues, but not even all these months of campaign are enough to send the message across America. Some say I'm over confident, but that and the current polls are an actual test of how great we are doing right now. A year ago having those numbers would have been strange, and now see support everywhere, even in reliably Democratic states! Senator Lincoln may very well keep bringing up potatoe until the race is over, but Americans are tired of that, and I think I have spoken enough about that small issue. I'm glad to see Senator Lincoln managed to over major gaffees last week, but to draw attention to potatoe again just shows that, in the end, the Quayle/Powell ticket is the ticket more prepared for the White House."

September 2th:
-Arkansas:
-Town Hall in Fort Smith, AR.
-Town Hall in Fayeteville, AR.
-Town Hall in Springdale, AR.
-Town Hall in Jonesboro, AR.
-Rally in Conway, AR.
-Barnstorm in Little Rock, AR.

"You know, sometimes I wonder if Blanche Lincoln is actually a Senator from the South. Perhaps you might think a Mid-Westerner like I should not get involved in these issues, but I happen to be a conservative man, just like Arkansas. And you can see Daschle and Lincoln right now, in Michigan, openly saying they support abortion and same-sex marriage, and I feel Arkansas as a state doesn't really share those beliefs. Beyond the issue of Democrats v. Republicans, or regardless of my personal views, states should probably vote for the candidate whose views are closer to the state. I don't want to brag, but despite being from Indiana, I do feel close to the South."

September 30th:
-Missouri:
 -Bus Tour in Springfield, MO.
 -Bus Tour in Independence, MO.
 -Bus Tour in Columbia, MO.
 -Bus Tour in Lee's Summit, MO.
 -Bus Tour in St. Joseph, MO.
 -Rally in Kansas City, MO.

"It seems some voters are a little bit concerned about our immigration proposals, thinking that they are not conservative, that they will lead to less jobs. But I think this actually a conservative proposal, and the numbers show that it will lead to more and better jobs. Ronald Reagan himself chose to take a very similar road in immigration and acknowledge the importance of immigration in our economy, and he was definetly a proven conservative. America was built by immigrants, and I can bet that an overwhelming majority of the people in this audience are descended from immigrants. I understand your concerns, and I'm sure that most Americans a few decades ago they were concerned just as you are, but it is time for us to move ahead and acknowedge that this is necessary for our economy."

October 1st:
-Tennessee:
 -Rally in Memphis, TN.
 -Bus Tour in Franklin, TN.
 -Rally in Knoxville, TN.
 -Bus Tour in Jackson, TN.
 -Rally in Chattanooga, TN.
 -Bus Tour in Clarksville, TN.

"I love the Nixon reference Vice-President Gore made, I really do. They can call it bitter partisanship if they want, but we can't afford a leader who is willing to lie to Congress and the American People. I think Senator Lincoln was eloquent enough with her philanderer comment, so I will only allude to perjury. Perjury, ladies and gentlement, is a serious crime, and as President I pledge to have a transparent and dignified administration. America needs to project a strong image to the world, and the President is the key. This President has suffered impeachment votes, he has inflicted severe damage in our special reationship with the United Kingdom and he botched several foreign policy operations. And Senator Daschle praises that record! Both Senators are good people and they mean well, but their lack of foreign policy experience is worrying."

October 2nd:
-Minnesota:
 -Bus Tour in Plymouth, MN.
 -Bus Tour in Eagan, MN.
 -Bus Tour in Bloomington, MN.
 -Bus Tour in Rochester, MN.
 -Bus Tour in Duluth, MN.
 -Rally in Minneapolis, MN.

"We're almost there, Minnesota! This is the only state that Former Vice President Mondale won in 84', and this is a state in which the Democratic Party is very strong. And yet, we are four points behind! Can you believe it? I can, for I know Minnesota is a state that is willing to take risks and to accept bold ideas a good leadership, and I know that we can carry this state in November. We don't need an inactive foreign policy, and we certainly can't solve our nation's woes with bike lines! Let us really go into 21st Century territory, Minnesota, let us finally see a truly new America, with modern and more efficient Health Care, reasonable immigration policies, a balanced budget and a strong and dignified foreign policy!"

October 3rd:
-Michigan:
 -Bus Tour in Grand Rapids, MI.
 -Bus Tour in Warren, MI.
 -Bus Tour in Sterling Heights, MI.
 -Bus Tour in Lansing, MI.
 -Bus Tour in Flint, MI.
 -Rally in Detroit, MI.

"Hello, how are you? I am visiting this state and talking to people like you because I'm actually interested in the progress Michigan has made. After all, you have been with an amazing man as Governor, and Governors like John Engler are the model to achieve some of the things we want for this nation. Michigan is a state that thrives thanks to good local goverance, and I'd say it's time to bring that leadership into Washington DC. I want all of Detroit and all of Michigan to hear it, Colin Powell and I are going to Washington to fix our nation's problems. and nothing is going to stop us on this race!"

October 4th:
-California:
 -Rally in Fresno, CA.
 -Bus Tour in Sacramento, CA.
 -Rally in Long Beach, CA.
 -Bus Tour in Oakland, CA.
 -Rally in Santa Ana, CA.
 -Bus Tour in Anaheim, CA.

"Yes, Vice-President Gore! Ronald Reagan was a hero of mine! He was a good Governor, and a good President, and California remembers him and George Bush very well. This is a state that has much more liberal and minority voters than a few years ago, but it's swinging Republican, and Tom Daschle is now fighting for his life here! This is a sign that Americans are finally tired of eight years of a Democratic administration, a sign that now it's the time to move forward. We can win in California, and prove once and for all that not states can be taken for granted in this race, not anymore!"

October 5th:
-Ohio:
-Town Hall in Canton, OH.
-Town Hall in Parma, OH.
-Town Hall in Akron, OH.
-Town Hall in Toledo, OH.
-Rally in Columbus, OH.
-Barnstorm in Cinncinatti, OH.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #485 on: March 18, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

Powell Campaign Schedule: Sept. 29-Oct. 5

Sept. 29: Ohio
-Rally in Columbus, OH
-Rally in Cleveland, OH
-Rally in Dayton, OH
-Speech to Allen County GOP
-Interview for World News Tonight from Toledo, OH

Jennings: You and Vice President Quayle continue to lead in the polls, but we've still go a month until election day, how are feeling?

Powell: I think we'll be successful on election day. Now we still have to work and get out the vote, but I believe we'll win, because of the case we're making which is a return of dignity and honor to the White House. An economic plan that works for every America. Dan and I bring a great deal of experience to the White House and we're prepared to lead...

Jennings: Are you both overconfident?

Powell: Peter, hubris is a dangerous thing in politics. We're confident, but we're not slackers. We're continuing to make our case and show people why we're the candidates best prepared to lead.

Sept. 30: Pennsylvania
-Rally in Philadelphia, PA
-Rally in Scranton, PA
-Rally in Uniontown, PA
-Rally in Mansfield, PA
-Rally in Milton, PA

Oct. 1: Florida
-Rally in Orlando, FL
-Rally in Boynton Beach, FL
-Rally in Jacksonville, Fl
-Phone Bank at Jacksonville HQ

Oct. 2: New Mexico, Oregon:
-Rally in Santa Fe, NM
-Rally in Taos, NM
-Rally in Portland, OR
-Rally in Salem, OR

Oct. 3: Nevada
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally in Carson City, NV
-Rally in Eureka, NV
-Rally in Tonopah, NV

Powell on the stump
"...we will once again be the envy of the world, the great shining city upon a hill as Ronald Reagan once described us. We will be leaders for the 21st century, a nation of hope, a nation of prosperity, a nation at peace..."

Oct. 4: New Jersey, Pennsylvania
-Rally in Trenton, NJ
-Rally in Dover, NJ
-Rally in Atlantic City, NJ
-Rally in Harrisburg, PA

Oct. 5: Ohio
-Rally in Toledo, OH
-Rally in Lancaster, OH
-Rally in Cincinnati, OH
-Rally in Springfield, OH
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #486 on: March 18, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »

Students For Opportunity Offensive

Thousands of students across the country are launching a massive voter contact campaign. Using targeting data and historical trends supplied by Americans For Opportunity, Students for Opportunity will be making direct voter contacts in the states within 2%. The goals are equivalent to 1% of the voting population that are characterized by data to be swing voters.

Boxing Boxer

Americans for Opportunity releases three large ad buys against California Senator Barbara Boxer. The ads hit her on the issues of education, welfare reform, and taxes. The ad buy totals 1 million a week for 2 weeks.

Spanish speaking ads have been launched on behalf of Republican candidates in Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, and California. The ads emphasis the party's commitment to reforming education, fighting poverty, and fixing our broken immigration system. Internal polls show that 5% of Hispanic voters in each of the states have moved away from the Democratic Party in  those states.

AFO has dispatched field staff to Catholic Churches in those states. The objective of the field staff is to register conservative Hispanics. Internals suggest that there have been 20,000 Hispanics registered to vote that are reliable Republicans. That number is increasing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #487 on: March 18, 2014, 05:09:42 PM »

Students For Opportunity Offensive

Thousands of students across the country are launching a massive voter contact campaign. Using targeting data and historical trends supplied by Americans For Opportunity, Students for Opportunity will be making direct voter contacts in the states within 2%. The goals are equivalent to 1% of the voting population that are characterized by data to be swing voters.

Boxing Boxer

Americans for Opportunity releases three large ad buys against California Senator Barbara Boxer. The ads hit her on the issues of education, welfare reform, and taxes. The ad buy totals 1 million a week for 2 weeks.

Spanish speaking ads have been launched on behalf of Republican candidates in Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, and California. The ads emphasis the party's commitment to reforming education, fighting poverty, and fixing our broken immigration system. Internal polls show that 5% of Hispanic voters in each of the states have moved away from the Democratic Party in  those states.

AFO has dispatched field staff to Catholic Churches in those states. The objective of the field staff is to register conservative Hispanics. Internals suggest that there have been 20,000 Hispanics registered to vote that are reliable Republicans. That number is increasing.

I thought Fienstein was up in 2000... * goes back in time* .... Yeah Feinstein was up in 2000. Boxer was up in 1998, and isn't up until (Conveniently) 2004.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2014, 07:58:12 AM »

Today you'll have an update Smiley
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »

October 6th-October 12th begins now

-GOP Super PAC wastes money attacking Boxer, who isn't up for reelection!

-Every Gubernatorial race looks competitive this year. Democrat leaders seem to care more about Governor and Senate candidates. Quayle/Powell prefer to campaign by their own.

-Blanche Lincoln recovering, but Americans still dislike her.

-First Presidential debate THIS week. OOC: we need a moderator here. I was thinking about Spiral, what do you think?

-Daschle looks like he's closing the gap, but democrat strategists are worried Quayle's lead has been outside the margin of error since the Conventions were over.

-Are Daschle/Lincoln attacks questioning Quayle intelligence working? Polls indicate that a huge majority of Americans think that Quayle is "above average" when it comes to intelligence.

-Quayle goes to the South. Good news for him this week is a new poll from Tennessee.

-Daschle's home state... will be the surprise of election night? Poll shows a surprisingly close race in South Dakota.

National PRP Poll (October 6th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 49% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (+1)
Undecided/DK 6% (-1)

National Gassmussen Poll (October 7th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 50% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 44% (+1)
Undecided/DK 6% (-1)

National B2000 Poll (October 9th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 49% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (=)
Undecided/DK 6% (=)

Opinion of Blanche Lincoln:

Favorable 34%
Unfavorable 53%
DK/U 13%

Do you think Blanche Lincoln should be replaced as VP candidate?

Yes 50% (=)
No 41% (+4)
DK/U 10% (-4)

-Among democrats:

Yes 28% (-4)
No 49% (+3)
DK/U 17% (+1)

Opinion about Dan Quayle's intelligence:

Above average 60%
About average 26%
Below average 5%
DK                    7%

Tennessee:

Quayle/Powell   51%
Daschle/Lincoln 43%
DK/U                  6%

South Dakota:

Quayle/Powell   50%
Daschle/Lincoln 45%
DK/U                  5%

Colorado:

Quayle/Powell   52%
Daschle/Lincoln 41%
DK/U                   7%

There isn't a map this week because it's very similar to the one I posted two "weeks" ago, but next week we'll have a detailed map no matter what. Let's focus on debates now. Spiral, would you like to be the moderator for, at least, the 1st one?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2014, 08:44:27 PM »

OOC; If Spiral's willing to Moderate the debates, that's completely fine with me.

Surrogate Schedule; John Kerry

October 6

GOTV/Voter Registration in Leeds, Maine

GOTV/Voter Registraion in Poland, Maine

GOTV/Voter Registration in Auburn, Maine

GOTV/Voter Registration in Old Town, Maine (With Stephen King and Tabitha King)

October 7
GOTV/Voter Registration in Biddeford, Maine

GOTV/Voter Registration in Saco, Maine

October 8
GOTV/Voter Registration at Lenoir-Rhyne University, Hickory, North Carolina

Forest Hike Fundraiser at the Pigsah National Forest (With Jim Hunt, Mike Easley, Roy Cooper, Dennis Wicker, James Allen Graham)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Marion, North Carolina (With Roy Cooper)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Stedman, North Carolina

October 9

GOTV/Voter Registration in Eastover, North Carolina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Autryville, North Carolina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Cape Carteret, North Carolina

GOTV/Voter Registration in Beaufort, North Carolina

October 10

GOTV/Voter Registration in Havelock, North Carolina

Rally in New Bern, North Carolina (With Jim Hunt, Mel Watt and Roy Cooper)

North Carolina, like many Southern States still has to work out the legacy of slavery and Segregation and how to approach it. What Senator Daschle will propose if he wins (or introduce into Congress if he loses) is legislation modeled after Germany's laws against anti-semitism.

GOTV/Voter Registration at Wayne College, Orrville, Ohio

October 11

GOTV/Voter Registration in Medina, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Wadsworth, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Norton, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Macedonia, Ohio

October 12
GOTV/Voter Registration in Mogadore, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Streetsboro, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration in Brady Lake, Ohio

GOTV/Voter Registration at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »

NYE, I have a question for you: why don't you try to make your schedules a little more "beautiful", at least more "visual". I suppose this is the first time you hear this from me, but I give some points based on things such as: who posts 1st, whose posts look more beautiful, the length of the schedules, and, of course, the speeches (which I value the most).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #492 on: March 20, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »

NYE, I have a question for you: why don't you try to make your schedules a little more "beautiful", at least more "visual". I suppose this is the first time you hear this from me, but I give some points based on things such as: who posts 1st, whose posts look more beautiful, the length of the schedules, and, of course, the speeches (which I value the most).

Sometimes I do that... I guess with Daschle and Lincoln, I have to do that, because that's the ticket, but with the surrogates, I feel like a minimalist approach is better (unless there's something I actually want them to say)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2014, 10:02:52 PM »

I'd be okay with being the moderator. I likely will have some questions ready to go in the next day or two.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #494 on: March 23, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »

Sorry for the delay, my schedule comes later today!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #495 on: March 23, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »

Surrogate Schedule;Bill Clinton

October 6

Rally in Marquette, Michigan (With Debbie Stabenow, Bart Stupak and Geoffrey Fieger)

I know it's strange to see us trailing by "only" four to six points, but I know our comeback is only just beginning... remember we were down by at least eight earlier in the fall!

Man "White House Beer" stand at the U.P Fall Beer Festival, Marquette, Michigan

GOTV/Voter Registration at Onatonagon School in Onatonagon, Michigan (With Debbie Stabenow, Bart Stupak, Geoffrey Fieger, Howard Wolpe, and Jennifer Granholm)

GOTV, Voter Registration in Copper City, Michigan (With Bart Stupak, Howard Wolpe, Geoffrey Fieger)

October 7
GOTV/ Voter Registration in Ahmeek, Michigan (With Bart Stupak and Jennifer Granholm)

GOTV/Voter Registration at the Calumet Theater in Calumet, Michigan (With Bart Stupak, Howard Wolpe and Carl Levin) (Also featuring performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat)

(Casting for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat;  Narrator- Debbie Stabenow, Jacob- Bill Clinton, Joseph- Brian Ellerbe, Ishmaelites- Lloyd Dogget, Bart Stupak, James Barcia, Potiphar- Chester James Carville Jr., Mrs. Potiphar- Paula Corbin Jones, Baker-Robert William "Bobby" Flay, Butler- Wolfgang Puck, Pharaoh- Donny Osmond, Brothers, Brother's wives and chorus made up of talented singers from throughout Michigan's Upper Peninsula)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Hancock, Michigan

October 8

GOTV/Voter Registration in Baraga, Michigan

GOTV/Voter Registration in L'Anse, Michigan (With Bart Stupak)

Hiawatha bobble-head fundraiser, in Ironwood, Michigan

GOTV/Voter Registration in Hurley, Wisconsin (With Brett Farve, Kabeer Gbaja- Biamila, Ahman Green, Donald Driver and Ryan Longwell)

October 9 (Columbus Day)
Join Pumpkin ATV Rally in Hurley, Wisconsin (With Herb Kohl, Dave Obey, Dean Reich, Ed Garvey, Jim Doyle, Jerry Kleckza, and Tammy Baldwin)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Minong, Wisconsin

GOTV/Voter Registration in Spooner, Wisconsin (With Herb Kohl)

October 10
Canoe Raffle, Kayaking trip with with Janet Reno raffle fundraiser in Spooner, Wisconsin

Enter a "White House Jack O'Lantern" in Jack O'Lantern Fest, Spooner Wisconsin

GOTV/Voter Registration in Shell Lake, Wisconsin (With Herb Kohl)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Sarona, Wisconsin (With Dave Obey, Dean Reich, Mike Clawson)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Woodruff, Wisconsin (With Dean Reich, Jeffrey Thomas, Dave Obey, Dan Flahtery and Mark Clawson)

October 11
GOTV/Voter Registration in Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin

Butter sale and Fundraiser in Land O'Lakes, Wisconsin (With Catherine Ann "Cat" Cora and Alton Brown)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Gillett, Wisconsin

GOTV/Voter Registration in Wild Rose, Wisconsin

October 12

GOTV/Voter Registration in Wautoma, Wisconsin (With Glenn Robinson, Sam Cassell, Marquis Grissom, Mark Loretta, Raul Casanova and Rafael Roque)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Walworth, Wisconsin (With Barry Alvarez, Bret Bielema, Brad Soderberg, Bo Ryan and Rob Jeter)

Dungeons and Dragons Fundraiser at The Abbey Resort, Fontana-on Geneva Lake (With Gary Gygax)

Yacht Race At Lake Geneva Yacht Club, Fontana-on Geneva Lake (Vs. Tommy Thompson)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #496 on: March 23, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »

Surrogate Schedule; Al Gore

October 6

GOTV/Voter registration in Preston, Nevada (With Edward Bernstein, Richard Bryan, Harry Reid, Shelley Berkeley, Tierney Cahill, Bob Miller, Jan Laverty Jones and Dana Titus)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Baker, Nevada (With Richard Bryan, Harry Reid and Bob Miller)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Milford, Utah (With Scott Howell, Donald Dunn, William "Bill" Orton, and Scott Matheson Jr)

October 7

GOTV/Voter Registration in Beaver, Utah (With Scott Howell)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Circleville, Utah

GOTV/Voter Registration in Fredonia, Arizona (With Ed Pastor, Gene Scharer, James Francis McNulty Jr, Karan English, Lawrence Robert Nelson, Paul Johnson and Janet Napolitano)

October 8
GOTV/Voter Registration in Sedona, Arizona (With Stuart Starky, Ed Ranger and Janet Napolitano)

Fundraiser at The Arboretum at Flagstaff, Flagstaff, Arizona (With Steven M. Wise, Alex Pacheo, Rod Coronado, Steve Sapontzis and Gary L. Francione)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Ash Fork, Arizona

October 8
GOTV/Voter Registration in Redmond, Oregon (With Ron Wyden, Darlene Hooley, David Wu and
Walter Ponsford)

Fundraiser at the Eagle Crest Resort, Redmond, Oregon (With Ron Wyden, Ted Kulongoski and John Kitzhaber)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Veneta, Oregon (With Ron Wyden)

Take Part in Covered Bridge Festival, Cottage Grove, Oregon

October 9 (Columbus Day/Yom Kippur)

Ride "Float" for Bohemia Miner Days, Cottage Grove Oregon (Float is a six foot tall model head of Tom Daschle, a Six foot tall Model head of Blanche Lincoln and a platform)
 (The image shown is not the float described)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Oakridge, Oregon (With Mike Bellotti, Ernie Kent and Eddie Payne)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Chemult, Oregon

GOTV/Voter Registration in Bonanza, Oregon (With Bill Bradbury, Louise Solliday and John Kitzhaber)

October 10
GOTV/Voter Registration in Merril, Oregon (With Tom Bruggere)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Winnemucca, Nevada

GOTV/Voter Registration in Cedarville, California

October 11
Fundraiser at Trees of Mystery in Klamath, California (Dianne Fienstein, Peter DeFazio, Walter Ponsford, Mike Thompson, Stan Morgan, Bob Kent, Mark Norberg, Gray Davis, Cruz Bustamante, Leo Tarsicssus McCarthy, Antonio Villaraigosa, Herb Wesson, Robert Hertzberg, Arthur "Art" Torres, Don Perata, Darrell Steinberg, Bill Lockyer and Jerry Brown)

Attend/Guest Star performance of Otello at Angus Bowmer Theater in Ashland, Oregon (Gore is Iago) (Yes, I know Al Gore cannot sing Opera)         (Capacity 600 Attendence 598)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Gold Hill, Oregon

Fundraiser at the Oregon Vortex in Gold Hill, Oregon (With John Kitzhaber, Ted Kulongoski and Barbara Roberts)

October 12

GOTV/Voter Registration in Phoenix, Oregon

Fundraiser at the Palmerton Arboretum in Rouge River, Oregon (With Jane Lubachencko, Robert Stanton, Mike Seidel, Dr. Greg Forbes, Paul Goodloe, Kim Cunningham, Sam Champion, Vivian Brown, Al Roker)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Roeland Park, Kansas (With Paul Feleciano Jr., Jill Docking, Sally Thompson, Lee Jones, Kathleen Sebelius, Dennis Moore,Stanley Wiles and Carlos Nolla)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #497 on: March 23, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(October 6th - October 12th) Sad

"Well, Larry, I'd like to think the numbers are moving in the right direction. Daschle is having his recovery, and I'm glad for him, but there is a truly powerful argument that has to undermine his efforts sooner or later, and I hope to talk about this in the debate. You see, he is a very creative man in regards to his Presidential campaign, but the arguments, the force behind it? That's not working. Bike lanes, the philanderer comment, the war on coal, the attacks on my intelligence... Every single poll shows Tom Daschle on the wrong side of that issue, and I can't see that as a winning slogan. Can you imagine the Daschle ads? Hi, I'm Tom Daschle, and I'm right only 10% of the time! Please forgive me for being rude, but that's not what you want in a President."

October 6th:
-South Dakota:
-Town Hall in Mitchell, SD.
-Town Hall in Pierre, SD.
-Rally in Rapid City, SD.
-Barnstorm in Sioux Falls, SD.
-Voter Registration Drive in Aberdeen, SD.
-Voter Registration Drive in Watertown, SD.

"Well hello, South Dakota! Seems this state is the next battleground of the century, an I sincerely have to thank Senator Daschle for providing such an exciting challenge. South Dakota is not a state you call Republican or Democrat, Red or Blue, this is a state that has a defined set of values, beliefs and life styles. Beyond party labels, the people of this great state understand hard work, effort, values and the ability to turn words into actions. South Dakota wants to have a leader who can give the example and be that man who works hard and tries to be honest, and that's what my campaign is all about. Sure, I could talk about how my views are closer to this state than Daschle's views, but that's actually not the main issue here. We need a President who can lead with integrity, and you can look at my record for that."

October 7th:
-Florida:
-Voter Registration Drive in Miami, FL.
-Voter Registration Drive in Tampa, FL.
-Rally in St. Petersburg, FL.
-Rally in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
-Rally in Orlando, FL.
-Visit to Eglin Air Force Base, FL.

"One of the things I'm proud of is my record in foreign policy. Always fought to keep America stronger in the Senate, and I was known as a missile expert back then. You can never be sure, but perhaps I spoke to some of you who served in Desert Storm in Iraq, as I traveled across that country in the middle and the aftermath of the war. War is costly, nobody can't state the opposite. We lost very few Americans, but those were precious lives, and we shouldn't forget about them. I want our country to handle itself with efficiency, with dignity, with respect for those who fought for our nation, and I don't wish to see ever again a White House that is unable to react to foreign policy issues. And you can trust me to be the man to represent us in the world stage."

October 8th:
-New Jersey:
-Barnstorm in Paterson, NJ.
-Barnstorm in Elizabeth, NJ.
-Barnstorm in Edison, NJ.
-Rally in Trenton, NJ.
-Voter Registration Drive in Newark, NJ.
-Voter Registration Drive in Jersey City, NJ.

"You know, I really enjoy to see the opposite party so focused on closing the gap and win this election, but sometimes I would like to see an specific message beyond Dan Quayle is dumb, vote for Daschle. Or Clinton is a philandered, so vote for his friend. That gets a little bit old sometimes... And yes, sometimes you might get tired as well of my talking points, but I believe they are truly relevant here. We need to discuss the tax reform this nation needs, the benefits of a balance budget, the need to help our families, and the desire this nation has for a little bit more honesty in politics. Seriously, sometimes I get the urge to release my tax returns and ask Senator Daschle to do the same... Hmmmm... I might do that after the debate."

October 9th:
-Nevada:
-Voter Registration Drive in Henderson, NV.
-Voter Registration Drive in Paradise, NV.
-Voter Registration Drive in Reno, NV.
-Barnstorm in Las Vegas, NV.
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV.
-Debate Preparation in Phoenix, AZ. (With Bill First, Donald Rumsfeld and James Baker)

"No worries, I'm ready to go for the kill. Lloyd Bentsen may have very well bested me, but I survived several GOP Primary debates as the winner, so this is the key night. If I can really prove the strenght behind this effort, and all of what I have invested into it emotionally, I believe we can get a pretty good result. So, who's going to play Daschle here? Frist? Good, very good. Did you manage to get a couple of moderators? Rumsfeld and Baker? Excellent! Can you imagine Baker as an actual debate moderator? He could crush any candidate with a single phrase..."

October 10th:
-Oregon:
-Voter Registration Drive in Eugene, OR.
-Voter Registration Drive in Gresham, OR.
-Voter Registration Drive in Hillsboro, OR.
-Voter Registration Drive in Bend, OR.
-Rally in Salem, OR.
-Barnstorm in Portland, OR.

"Internet is the face of tomorrow, I believe. Vice-President Gore spoke a lot about that back in the late eighties, and I have to admit I didn't really believed in his words. But time has made me wiser, and the Internet will prove to be the most decisive tool in the next decade and perhaps the next century. It is a tool for freedom and innovation in America, it creates jobs, and we have to protect it. As President I wish to be a friend of technology, creation and innovation in America, so we can retain our lead in regards to the rest of the world. You can read more about this on my website, and I want to encourage you to go there and take a look. It is the tool of the future, ladies and gentlemen, mark my words."

October 11th:
-California:
-Voter Registration Drive in Fresno, CA.
-Voter Registration Drive in Sacramento, CA.
-Voter Registration Drive in Oakland, CA.
-Voter Registration Drive in Long Beach, CA.
-Barnstorm in Orange County, CA.
-Barnstorm in Los Angeles, CA.

"No, I understand what you're saying. Regulations are not really helping the middle class to enjoy a booming economy, and if we prove to be irresponsible we may very well lose a lot of progress. You see, as a fellow businessman I understand the concerns of the economy in a way that other politicians can't. You have to be there and do it yourself to really understand it, and I think I'm actually qualified to run the economy of this nation. Experience does matter, and having a man who has run a company is better than a man who hasn't, don't you think so? Anyway, please feel free to discuss it with your friends, the economy is very interesting to set up a debate."

October 12th:
-Maine:
-Town Hall in Lewiston, ME.
-Town Hall in Auburn, ME.
-Town Hall in Bangor, ME.
-Town Hall in Biddeford, ME.
-Town Hall in Saco, ME.
-Barnstorm and Rally in Portland, ME.

"Surprised to see me, Maine? Well, I believe in the importance of independent states and in campaiging everywhere, and what better place than Maine? So goes Maine, so goes the nation, and I am confident this state will remain a bellwhether for a very long time. The way I see it, Maine is a quiet state, a state that wishes to live a peaceful live, specially in regards to the families. I come to you with a plan that tries to help those families to move forward, by giving them tax breaks, certain preferences, a loss of regulations. It's about time we acknowledge that all families are good for America, and it's also time to reward them for all the good they do for our society. Willing to back me on this issue, Maine?"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #498 on: March 23, 2014, 10:14:03 PM »

Quayle 2000: (Update)

Dan Quayle had a rough beginning...

With the race moving forward and about to enter the debates, the Quayle campaign is becoming more and more optimistic, even with the sudden Daschle rise in the polls. As the organization grows larger and larger, more and more groups are going in full force to get Dan Quayle in the White House, and the grassroots enthusiasm is still there. Pro-life activists, conservative activists, young independents and republicans, hispanic voters, conservative democrats, all of them part of the coalition the Quayle team wishes to see turning to the polls next month. That, along with the growing sucess of the Quayle website and Karl Rove's tireless efforts makes Republican confident that, in the end, good organization will defeat the brave efforts of Daschle and Lincoln.

But things are getting better and better!

Thus, the Quayle Team expects that winning the debates will built a wave of momentum strong enough not only to secure victory, but to ensure a true landslide for the Former Vice-President. Tom Daschle has become a better debater since October, but his performaces against Jesse Jackson and John Kerry left a lot to be desired, which creates a contrast with Quayle's streak of victories in the GOP debates. And if the debates are not enough, the Republican Governors of the nation are ready to go with the planned strategy and barnstorm their respectie states in search for new voters and the energizing of the base. Some insider sources expressed their concern for the immigration plan, but it seems it's benefits will outweight potential losses, given that conservative voters are not likely to go for Daschle and there's not third party candidate.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dan Quayle TV Ad: Hard Work:

States: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Iowa, Ohio and Pennsylvania:

(We see a Quayle 2000 Campaign Office, full of volunteers working and manning the phones. Eventually it gets dark and the volunteers leave for home, but there are lights turned on in a corner of the room. The camera zooms by and there's Dan Quayle, still talking to people  in the phone)

Voiceover: Dan Quayle knows the importance of hard work, and he does his best effort everyday, even if some are not pleased with it. He has a commitment to America, and he will never cease working for you, not even in the worst moments.

Quayle: Oh, yeah? Well, I certainly can relate to that... Very well then, take care, good night! (Looks at the camera) It's not easy to travel across the nation and talk to so many people, but this country is worth the effort. As President, I plan to give my 100% to the American people, and you can take me by my word.

Voiceover: When the time comes, vote Dan Quayle for President.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #499 on: March 24, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »

Good evening from the Clark Athletic Center at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. I'm Jim Lehrer of the NewsHour on PBS, and I welcome you to the first of three 90-minute debates between the Democratic candidate for president, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle and the Republican candidate, former Vice President Dan Quayle.

If elected president, would you try to overturn the FDA's approval last week of the abortion pill RU-486?

If President Milosevic of Yugoslavia refuses to accept the election results and leave office, what action, if any, should the United States take to get him out of there?

It's often said that in the final analysis about 90% of being the President of the United States is dealing with the unexpected, not with issues that came up in the campaign. Can you point to a decision, an action you have taken, that illustrates your ability to handle the unexpected, the crisis under fire?

There could be a crisis, for instance, in the financial area, the stock market could take a tumble, there could be a failure of a major financial institution. What is your general attitude toward government intervention in such events?

We have to stop here and we want to go now to your closing statements.

[Questions modified from here]
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies