2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:36:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 92849 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2013, 08:24:24 PM »

Jack Kemp for President Schedule: November 28th - December 4th, 1999

"I am a valiant, principled supporter of civil rights. What does that mean? Well that means I support the rights of people to go anywhere, live any way they wish to, without that freedom being persecuted by someone else, merely on the basis of their skin, gender, sexual identification, or anything else. That's also why I have, for my whole career, been staunchly pro-life. I believe the youngest among us should have the opportunity to life the same as everyone else. Martin Luther King would agree with me should he be here today."

November 28th, 1999 (with Bob Dole, Norman Schwarzkopf):
Barnstorming in Reno, Nevada
Speech in Carson City, Nevada
Barnstorming in Lovelock, Nevada
Town Hall in Winnemucca, Nevada
Barnstorming in Battle Mountain, Nevada
Appearance on Special Report with Brit Hume

November 29th, 1999 (with Greg Ganske, Tom Latham, and Norman Schwarzkopf):
Town Hall in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Town Hall in Denison, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Carroll, Iowa
Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa
Barnstorming in Marshall, Iowa

November 30th, 1999 (with Greg Ganske, Tom Latham, Terry Branstad):
Meet and Greet in Webster City, Iowa
Speech in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Spencer, Iowa
Appearance on The Rush Limbaugh Show

"Republicans are coming out with all kinds of proposals. I love this debate. I have one great one that would really stimulate the economy even more, and it's only two words: FLAT TAX. That's right, ladies and gentleman: one single rate, tax loopholes? gone! complication? gone! I mean, I've talked about it for years, and I think it's time we finally went to it!"

December 1st, 1999 (with Bob Dole, Paul Ryan):
Fundraiser in Detroit, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Warren, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Port Huron, Michigan
Town Hall in Saginaw, Michigan
Town Hall in Bay City, Michigan
Barnstorming in Midland, Michigan

December 2nd, 1999 (with Bill Weld, Warren Rudman, Christine Todd Whitman):
Barnstorming in Hampton, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Raymond, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Henniker, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Newport, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Grantham, New Hampshire

December 3rd, 1999 (with Bill Weld, Warren Rudman, Norman Schwarzkopf):
Town Hall in Lebannon, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Enfield, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Plymouth, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Warren, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Woodsville, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Lisbon, New Hampshire

"Barbara Miluski's ad, quite frankly, disgusted me. As someone who has fought his whole life to make the lives of every person better, it's just a sickening display of division that I saw in her ad. I can't believe anyone in that room thought, let's release this thing to the public. I think this is going to be a good point to bring up my civil rights record: I have fought for all Americans and their rights again and again, and I fought for Civil Rights as long as I can remember."

December 4th, 1999 (with Carroll Campbell, Jim DeMint, Mark Sanford):
Town Hall in Spartanburg, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Laurens, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Anderson, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Greenwood, South Carolina
Fundraiser in Columbia, South Carolina
Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor
Surrogate Speech in Columbia, South Carolina (Carroll Campbell)

"There are many words that describe Jack Kemp. What sells to me the most the reason why he should be our nominee: Conservative. Jack Kemp has fought for years and years for conservative principles. When you think Reaganite, you might as well say Kempite, you wouldn't be wrong! But another word is also important describing Kemp: unity. Kemp has some issues I disagree with him on, but I think he is the most honorable, most distinguished, and the most uniting candidate of the field. He's not just my choice, he's the only choice."
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »

General Wesley Clark Drops out and Endorse Tom Daschle

OOC: I have been having a lot of school work and tests, and I can't give this the works it needs.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »

OOC: Before I begin, I just wanted to say that if Mukulski wants to be relevant, she should immediately tune it off and apologize... Also I ask for the Democratic Candidates to go to Ames for the 28th because that's where the Dem Debate is going to be... Also, I am kinda sad that JerryAR had to drop out because I was interested on how a Kemp vs Clark map would look like... Undecided I also wonder if he could do an Independent run....

Announcer: Alright and we are getting word that- YES! We are going to go to Des Moines, Iowa for the first Republican Presidential Debates and we are transitioning you to them in 3....2....1....

Herman Cain (R-NE)Sad Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first Republican Primary Debates.... Many of you outside of Nebraska, Georgia and from Godfather's Pizza where I was there in 1985 until 1996 and I was the CEO of the National Restaurant Association from 1996 to just until last year.... Now obviously I have been much more active in politics for the last year and the RNC has given me a chance to moderate. So in essence I am the new moderator for right now.... So, now it is time to announce the candidates....

*Kemp walks out*

Cain: Former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp of New York....

*Quayle walks out*

Cain: Former Vice President Dan Quayle of Indiana....

*Mack walks out*

Cain: Incumbent Senator Connie Mack the Third of Florida....

*McCain walks out*

Cain: *chortles* Incumbent Senator John McCain the Third of Arizona....

*Powell walks out*

Cain: and last but not least General Colin Powell, Retired, of New York....

Quayle: Wow! Chairs! I didn't remember these during the VP debates!

Kemp: Yeah, me neither....

Cain: Sorry, I thought when the RNC said to have all the candidates have a "sit-down" I thought they meant it literally....

*all including some in the audience chuckles and laughs*

Cain: Anyways, remember the rules candidates, no interrupting, no vulgarity and *looks over at audience* no cheering or heckling from the audience... *looks back* And please remember that there are families at home watching, so please keep it- uh....not too attacking each other-ness.... Now that I got that out of the way, here is the questions....

Question OneVice President Quayle, you may remember this one from twelve years ago, so lets go over it again, but with more candidates... How qualified are all of you? Do you think that your qualifications and experience alone will get you nominated and/or elected? Also, how do you think that *looks over at Quayle* with your experience, that you can get the youth and the elder vote at the same time?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »

I'd like to pull out of the race as I am doing

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2013, 08:53:12 PM by Senator Maxwell »

Jack Kemp Debate Response

"Well, Herman, that might be one of my favorite questions. I will answer that with a simple honesty: I am the most experienced candidate of this field. Period. End of Question. Sure, some of these people may have a year or two more under their belt, but I mean, let's look at the accomplishments. Dan Quayle can't tell you he passed the single biggest tax cut in our history. Colin Powell can't tell you he's had a life time of fighting for conservative values. I campaigned for Goldwater, and he was right the whole time, Republicans need to be economic fighters. I've been around long enough to know, if you don't fight for what you believe in, you won't get anywhere. I've said before and i'll say it again, Republicans want leadership, not complacency, and I have had a whole life of leading! Under a Kemp administration, there shall be no triangulation!"
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »

I'm going to endorse ummm.... lets see here..... I could do a cross party endorsement that would really shake up the race...... I could make an endorsement to help or hurt someone....... I endorse Senator Tom Daschle (wanna help him win)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »

Democratic Primaries Flash Poll

Democrats (National)
Tom Daschle - 61%
John Kerry - 31%
Undecided - 8%

The other polls requested shall come later.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »

Dan Quayle Debate Response:

"First of all, I'd like to thank the RNC for this debate and Mr. Cain for moderating our small, merry and humble fight to the death... (laughs) But going in a more serious tone, I faced this question in 1988, and in that year I saw myself as prepared to be President and Vice-President. Twelve years later I stand before you as a former Vice-President, a former Senator, a former Congressman. I have both Legislative experience and executive experience, and during my whole life I fought hard for social values, for all of the ideals the GOP wants for America...

Jack Kemp seems to believe that dollars and budgets are everything here, but the economy alone won't get us anywhere. I believe the only way we can win elder voters and young voters is by creating a coherent alternative to Bill Clinton, an alternative that has covered all sides of the issues Americans face right now. Those voters only remember President Clinton, and I will offer them what Clinton failed to do: An honest and clean White House, a dignified and coherent foreign policy, support for their families and an optimistic view of our future. I want to reach out to their enthusiasm, to their energy, to their desires for a real and stable future.

And not only I want to do that, you see: I can do it. I have executive, economic and legislative experience, I'm tested and I have been there, I wrote bills, I negotiated with Congress, I took over in moments of crisis, and I stood up for my values even in the face of open ridicule and contempt, even when I was the laughing stock of some. Those ones will refuse to admit it, but with all due respect to my fellow Republicans, I'm the most qualified person in this room"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2013, 04:42:31 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2013, 05:01:00 PM by Acting Governor Lumine »

Vice President Dan Quayle's Schedule: (November 28-December 4)Sad

"Yes, I know: Dan Quayle is here again? Yes, Iowa is a state that matters a lot to me, politically and personally. I feel welcome here, and I'm beginning to feel welcome in New Hampshire and South Carolina as well. At this rate, I might even begin to fire up the crowds! With less than two months before the primaries start, and after a great month, the Quayle effort goes on!"

November 28th:

Barnstorm in Ames, IA.
Barnstorm in Davenport, IA.
Rally in Marion, IA.
Rally in Bettendorf, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.

"Please remember to watch the debate! It's not going to be easy, since Senator McCain is a great debater and General Powell has a great sense of gravitas, but I hope this will help me overcome my weaknesses in the eyes of the media. I mean, I think I'm redeeming myself right now, but what do you think?"

November 29th:

Bus Tour in Clinton, IA.
Bus Tour in Burlington, IA.
Rally in Johnston, IA.
Rally in Clive, IA.
Town Hall in Pella, IA.

"I want to go every corner of Iowa, to every city, to every town, to make my case. Sure, I could easily go to the big cities and try and win with rallies only, but where's the fun in that? Rural America is a place that often forget about, and we have to change that as soon as possible. A President cannot forget about any part or any kind of person in America, and you can expect me to remember very well the lessons Iowa will teach me."

November 30th:

Barnstorm in Mason City, IA.
Barnstorm in Marshalltown, IA.
Rally in Newton, IA.
Rally in Clive, IA.
Fundraiser in Ames, IA.

"I was very close to quitting the race a few weeks ago. The Iowa straw poll, low polling, the endless jokes about my potatoe gaffe... But look where we stand now, tied in second with General Powell and very close to the frontrunner. Both of them are good men, and I wish them well, but they will have to be very careful from now on... (Silence) Dan Quayle is back!"

December 1st:

Rally in Manchester, NH.
Fundraiser in Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in Manchester, NH.
Rally in Nashua, NH.
Barnstorm in Nashua, NH.

"Boy, I have to start going to New Hampshire more often. Some say my chances are greater in Iowa and South Carolina, where social conservatives vote in greater numbers, and they say that I shouldn't bother here. But they are wrong. New Hampshire is a state with defined economic and foreign views, and I think my campaign mirrors those ideals: a strong, stable America which cares more about the middle class."

December 2nd:

Town Hall in Lebanon, NH.
Town Hall in Londonderry, NH.
Town Hall in Dover, NH.
Rally in Concord, NH.
Voter Registration efforts in New Hampshire HQ.

"Are you registered yet? And you, are you registered yet? We to defeat apathy in our elections and increase the turnout, because otherwise a handful of people will decide for the majority. Richard Nixon spoke of the silent majority years ago, and he was right. You don't have to go out at the streets to make your case, but here's my advice to you: vote. Find a candidate that suits your ideals, and vote for him. They say a single vote is useless, but every vote counts."

December 3rd:

Bus Tour in Summerville, SC.
Bus Tour in Pontiac, SC.
Bus Tour in Greenville, SC.
Rally in Dutch Fork, SC.
Rally in Charleston, SC.

"That Mikulski ad was... how should I say it? You know it better than me. That's not what America wants for the next century, and I agree with Jack Kemp, civil rights is an issue that we must not overlook, specially being the party of Lincoln. The interesting side about this whole scandal is that it shows how divided the Democrats are. Three candidates have dropped out already, the Vice-President refused to run and Senator Daschle announced, what, two weeks ago and he is the presumptive nominee? Give me break..."

December 4th:

Bus Tour in Spartanburg, SC.
Bus Tour in Sumter, SC.
Bus Tour in James Island, SC.
Rally in Rock Hill, SC.
Rally in Columbia, SC.

"Liberals claim that defending our families is an overreach from the government, hypocrisy in our behalf. And there are wrong! The facts are behind us, and while I respect single parent families just as any other family, you can't deny that having two parents makes life easier and more stable for our kids. A strong, stable family helps you in your childhood."

Quayle Surrogates:

George W. Bush on the campaign trail in South Carolina:

"A president has responsibilities. A president can speak without apology for the values that defeat violence and help overcome poverty. A president can speak for abstinence and accountability and the power of faith. We just can't elect anybody to the Presidency, we have to be careful with our choices, with what we want for the future. Dan Quayle is my best choice, and I hope he will be yours."

Lamar Alexander takes a small tour of Iowa:

"I was thinking about running this time, but I finally decided against it. In the end, I went for Dan Quayle as my candidate, and some asked me: Senator, why? Why not McCain, why not Powell? I respect both of them, but I believe in Dan, I saw him in action during the Bush years and I know that he is quite serious when he talks about his ideas."

Sununu makes the case for Quayle in New Hampshire:

''New Hampshire is a state that prefers a close relationship with the candidate, and if you ask us about our changes, I think Quayle will win. It's not only experience and qualifications, he also has the ability to generate trust. We can win because of what I call the next-door-neighbor-people. He meets them, they say: I really think he's great, and far smarter than what they said. Then they talk to their neighbors, and there we go!"
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »

So it's Kerry vs Dachle now? And Daschle's up on me by 30. This'll be fun.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »

So it's Kerry vs Dachle now? And Daschle's up on me by 30. This'll be fun.
[/quote

I know... It's the perfect comeback tale! Wink
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »

The Daschle campagin thanks General Clark and Senator Mikulski for their endorsements...

Campagin Ad (to air in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina)
[i} John Kerry is soft on Iran, soft on North Korea. Tom Daschle will give Iran and North Korea the respect it deserves on the world stage-none. John Kerry supports open borders without consequence, I know that immigration reform needs to be our top priority, but we cannot accept wide-open borders. [/i]
I'm Tom Daschle and I approve this message[/i]
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2013, 08:37:14 PM »

"Mr. Cain, can I get a small response to Vice President Quayle? One question for you, Vice President Quayle, where would social policy be if we had a bad economic policy? I think social policy is important, which is why I have fought every day for individual liberties and the right to be held accountable for your own actions, but economic policy webs into everything. You can talk social values all you want, but when the economies bad, and poverty strikes, people aren't going to be in that happy family mold doing family things. Poverty is a vicious cycle, my friend. But let's stop that discussion,  my experience has prepared me to be a leader on all fronts, whether that's economically, socially, or on the foreign policy front."
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »

"The other candidates have dropped out. It's just me and Minority Leader Tom Daschle. Now he's trying to force me from the race. The first primary isn't for another 3 months and the guy's already running a negative campaign! Is that what we want out of our nominee? Is that what we want out of our President? I'm here to tell you today, I'm in. I don't quit.

And Minority Leader Daschle, I've got just this to say to you: I'm not attacking you. You have a great resume and plethora of experience for the job. I have no doubt you'd make a good Commander-in-Chief. I just think I'd be a better one. That's why I'm running, and that's why I'm gonna win."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »

Quayle Response:

"Sorry for taking the extra time, Herman, but I will respond to that. I think we can all agree that when it comes to economic policy Secretary Kemp is one of the best guys we have in the party, and yes, economic policy does web into most issues. What I'm pushing for here is for us to stop putting so much focus on economic policy to recognize we have problems in other areas.

We obviously need economic changes around here, but we are neglecting foreign policy, at a time when the leadership of the United States should be decisive to today's word. We are neglecting social policy at the expense of growth, and what happens when we just care about making money? Sure, we will avoid poverty, but that will not end the problem. Secretary Kemp says that we should stop that discussion, that he is an all front leader, but you, the voter, should remember a simple fact: there are only three guys on this stage with experience and actual accomplishments on foreign policy."
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »

Alrelifht thank you Mr Quayle and Mr Kemp... Now Mr Powell and Mr McCain and Mr  Mack?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2013, 08:11:42 AM »

Thank you Herman.
Experience matters, I have said that throughout my campaign and will continue to make that case. I am running for President of the United States and this job does not lend itself to on the job training. I look at Dwight Eisenhower, my hero and favorite President. He and I come from similar backgrounds. I never been in politics, I'm not a career politicians. For me the reason I'm running is to serve my country and I believe through my service in the military and the ideas that I have put forward, makes me uniquely qualified to be the next President of the United States.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »

Powell Campaign: November 28-December 4

Nov. 28: New Hampshire
-Barnstorming NH with Gov. Thomson.
-Town Halls in Derry, Concord, Berlin and Colebrook, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH with Former Pres. Gerald Ford

Nov. 29: New Hampshire
-Barnstorming NH with Gov. Thomson
-Town Halls in Portsmouth, Exeter, Rochester, Jackson, Gorham, NH
-Rally at UNH in Durham, NH with Former Pres. Gerald Ford

Nov. 30: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC
-Town Hall in Charleston, SC
-Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC with Former Pres. Gerald Ford

Dec. 1: New Hampshire
-Meet and Greet at Denny's in Newington, NH
-Meet and Greet at Ray's Lobster in Rye, NH
-Speech to The Seacoast Republican Women Meeting in Lee, NH

Dec. 2: Iowa
-Town Hall in Cedar Falls, IA
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA
-Town Hall in Des Moines, IA

Dec. 3: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Sandwich, NH
-Rally in Milford, NH with Gov. Thomson
-Town Hall in Stratham, NH
-Town Hall in Hooksett, NH

Dec. 4: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Manchester, NH
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in New Castle, NH
-Rally in Portsmouth, NH with Gov. Thomson

Powell For President (Ad running in IA/NH/SC)
"Despite the challenge we've face and may still face this is the greatest country in the world and that unabashed patriotism and thinking has propelled our nation to be the strongest and most successful one on earth...

Ronald Reagan was a man who inspired this nation and allowed it to be morning in America again. I want to champion that feeling again. To lift our eyes to a better and brighter future that exists out there on the horizon, waiting for us...

This country has done so much for me and allowed me to be where I am and I'm in this race to give back to the greatest country on earth and to see that every child alive now and yet to be born has the same opportunities that this country has given me."

"I'm Colin Powell, I'm running for President and I approve this message."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »

NH House Rep. Doug Scamman Endorses Colin Powell

"It is time for the party to get behind a man who can win, because we need to win again. And, Colin Powell has the ideas and the policies and the integrity and the vision to lead this country again and once more make the Republican Party a big tent party, that is welcome to all Americans. I proudly support him and ask for you to stand with me in supporting him to be the Republican candidate and the next President of the United States!"
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »

OOC: Im gonna let the two who havent finished have the weekend to reply.....but later today or tomorrow I'll go on to the next question.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »

OOC: When is this turn ending?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »

I think this evening
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2013, 05:50:08 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2013, 06:10:01 PM by Spiral »

The week of December 5-11 begins now.

Democrats (National)
Tom Daschle - 57%
John Kerry - 36%
Undecided - 7%

Democrats (Iowa)
Tom Daschle - 63%
John Kerry - 31%
Undecided - 6%

Democrats (New Hampshire)
Tom Daschle - 45%
John Kerry - 45%
Undecided - 10%

Democrats (Delaware)
John Kerry - 46%
Tom Daschle - 44%
Undecided - 10%

Democrats (Washington)
Tom Daschle - 50%
John Kerry - 39%
Undecided - 11%

Democrats (Arkansas)
Tom Daschle - 65%
John Kerry - 27%
Undecided - 8%

Republicans (National)
Jack Kemp - 28%
Dan Quayle - 26%
Colin Powell - 24%
John McCain - 13%
Connie Mack - 5%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (Iowa)
Dan Quayle - 30%
Jack Kemp - 25%
Colin Powell - 22%
John McCain - 13%
Connie Mack - 6%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (New Hampshire)
Jack Kemp - 28%
Colin Powell - 28%
John McCain - 20%
Dan Quayle - 18%
Connie Mack - 2%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (South Carolina)
Colin Powell - 28%
Jack Kemp - 27%
Dan Quayle - 23%
John McCain - 15%
Connie Mack - 3%
Undecided - 4%

Republicans (Alaska)
Jack Kemp - 40%
Dan Quayle - 24%
Colin Powell - 13%
John McCain - 8%
Connie Mack - 4%
Undecided - 11%

Republicans (Michigan)
Jack Kemp - 29%
Dan Quayle - 27%
Colin Powell - 26%
John McCain - 11%
Connie Mack - 2%
Undecided - 5%

Republicans (Nevada)
Jack Kemp - 29%
Dan Quayle - 22%
Colin Powell - 22%
John McCain - 14%
Connie Mack - 3%
Undecided - 10%

Big developments symbolized the week for the Democratic primaries. After a lethargic schedule for many weeks, Wesley Clark, once the frontrunner, dropped out and endorsed Tom Daschle. A disgraced Barbara Mikulski would soon follow suit with withdrawing and endorsing, effectively making Daschle the frontrunner far and away. Though seemingly unstoppable now, his sole challenger remaining, John Kerry, has vowed to stay in the race until the very end. Can Kerry make a stunning comeback and win his party's nomination next year?

Dan Quayle continues to get momentum on the Republican side, after a solid debate performance breaking down many of the stereotypes concerning his character and intelligence to a wide audience. Now only second to Jack Kemp nationally, party insiders are beginning to come to the conclusion that the race for the nomination will ultimately be a Kemp-Quayle showdown. But with Colin Powell still a formidable foe in many primaries, nothing is guaranteed.

Favorability Ratings (primary voters only)

Tom Daschle
Favorable - 56%
Unfavorable - 33%
Not Sure - 11%

John Kerry
Favorable - 55%
Unfavorable - 30%
Not Sure - 15%

Jack Kemp
Favorable - 68%
Unfavorable - 25%
Not Sure - 7%

Dan Quayle
Favorable - 54%
Unfavorable - 32%
Not Sure - 14%

Colin Powell
Favorable - 75%
Unfavorable - 19%
Not Sure - 6%

John McCain
Favorable - 61%
Unfavorable - 29%
Not Sure - 10%

Connie Mack
Favorable - 51%
Unfavorable - 30%
Not Sure - 19%

Endorsements
Tom Daschle: Tom Vilsack, Christie Vilsack, Tim Johnson, Patty Murray, Mike Beebe, Jimme Lou Fisher, Mark Pryor, Pete Clavelle
Jack Kemp: Dick Armey, Kenny Guinn, Paul Laxalt
Dan Quayle: New Hampshire Union Leader, National Right to Life Committee
Colin Powell: Doug Scamman
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2013, 05:59:54 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2013, 06:05:08 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

OOC: This is why I love these games! They offer endless possibilities, because in real life Kemp would have crushed Quayle in about two seconds in that debate (and in the campaign trail).

By the way, I think I had requested two endorsements in a message some time ago, what will happen with those?
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

By the way, I think I had requested two endorsements in a message some time ago, what will happen with those?
I forgot about those at first, sorry. The post has been edited now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies