2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:40:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91582 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »

Bump! Perhaps last turn should be the last?

I've just arrived from Valencia, so I couldn't update before. I'm doing it now. I'll leave you until Wednesday to post something else if you want to. I'll be releasing Senate and Gubernatorial polls now.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #526 on: April 06, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »

Senate polls (!!!; 2/3)

Polls taken on October 15th (important because Mel Carnahan died the following day)

Minnesota:

Mark Dayton (D) 44%
Rod Grams (I) 44%
James Gibson (I) 5%
DK/U 7%

Rating: PURE TOSS-UP

Mississippi:

Trent Lott (R) 63%
Troy Brown (D) 30%
Jim Giles (I) 1%
DK/U 6%

Rating: SAFE REPUBLICAN

Missouri:

Mel Carnahan (D) 50%
John Ashcroft (R) 43%
DK/U 7%

Rating: LIKELY DEMOCRAT (Pick-up)

Montana:

Conrad Burns (R) 48%
Brian Schweitzer (D) 48%
DK/U 4%

Nebraska:

Ben Nelson (D) 48%
Don Stenberg (R) 46%
DK/U 6%

Rating: TOSS-UP/TILTS DEMOCRAT

Nevada:

John Ensign (R) 52%
Edward M. Bernstein (D) 36%
NOTC 3%
Kathy Rusco (G) 3%
J. J. Johnson (L) 1%
DK/U 5%

Rating: SAFE REPUBLICAN (Pick-up)

New Jersey:

Bob Franks (R) 48%
Jon Corzine (D) 45%
Bruce Afran (G) 2%
DK/U 5%

Rating: TOSS-UP/TILTS REPUBLICAN (Pick-up)

New Mexico:

Jeff Bingaman (D) 54%
William T. Redmond (R) 42%
DK/U 4%

Rating: SAFE DEMOCRAT

New York:

Hillary Clinton (D) 50%
Rick Lazio (R) 43%
DK/U 7%

Rating: LIKELY DEMOCRAT

North Dakota:

Kent Conrad (D) 59%
Duane Sand (R) 35%
DK/U 6%

Rating: SAFE DEMOCRAT

Ohio:

Mike DeWine (R) 56%
Ted Celeste (D) 31%
John McAlister (L) 4%
John Eastman (NL) 3%
DK/U 6%

Rating: SAFE REPUBLICAN

Gubernatorial polls (!!!; 2/2)

North Dakota:

John Hoeven (R) 46%
Heidi Heitkamp (D) 45%
DK/U 9%

Utah:

Michael Leavitt (R) 50%
Bill Orton (D) 42%
Jeremy Firedbaum (IA) 3%
DK/U 5%

Rating: LIKELY REPUBLICAN

Vermont:

Howard Dean (D) 45%
Ruth Dwyer (R) 40%
Anthony Pollina (P) 11%
DK/U 4%

Rating: LEANS DEMOCRAT

Washington:

Gary Locke (D) 50%
John Carlson (R) 42%
Steve LePage (L) 2%
DK/U 6%

Rating: LIKELY DEMOCRAT

West Virginia:

Cecil H. Underwood (R) 48%
Bob Wise (D) 46%
Denise Giardina (M) 1%
DK/U 5%

Rating: TOSS-UP/TILTS REPUBLICAN

Fun fact: there isn't any "safe" gubernatorial race. Daschle campaigning in red states, his appeal in the West, and Quayle clear overall advantadge plus his inroads in New England made it possible.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2014, 01:51:56 PM »

Schedule for Tom Daschle

October 13

Tour of Orcutt Ranch Horticulture Center, West Hills, Los Angeles, California

Attend Friday Evening/Erev Sukkot Services at Temple Shomrei Torah, West Hills, Los Angeles, California (With Dianne Feinstein, Jane Harman, Henry Waxman, Howard Berman, Adam Schiff, Richard Katz, Herschel Rosenthal, Paul Koretz, Michael Feuer, and Zev Yarolovsky)

GOTV/Voter Registration in North Hills, Los Angeles, California

October 14

Visit Malibu Hindu Temple, Calabasas, California

GOTV/Voter Registration in Babbitt, Minnesota

GOTV/Voter Registration in Mount Vernon, South Dakota

October 15

Interview for KSFY Dakota-First News, From Avon, South Dakota (Nancy Naeve interveiwing)

Senator Daschle, should you manage to pull off the upset in November what role do expect Senator Lincoln to play in your Administration?

Nancy, I expect Senator Lincoln to be some who I can trust to give me advice, be it good, bad or indifferent on any subject, I or my cabinet may need advice in.

If you lose this election do you intend to continue on as Senate Majority Leader? Will you step down from the Senate when your seat comes up in 2004, or even earlier?

I admit, the thought of retiring from the Senate if I lose has come up... no matter how I leave the Senate, be it promotion to the White House, retirement, resignation, or death. I'd like to have the respect of colleagues and their backing as Majority Leader.

GOTV/Voter Registration in Tyndall, South Dakota

GOTV/Voter Registration at the Mall of America, Bloomington, Minnesota

October 16

GOTV/Voter Registration in Boxborough Massachusetts

GOTV/Voter Registration in Somerville, Massachusetts

Fundraiser at the Willard House and Clock Museum, Grafton Massachusetts (With Ted Kennedy)

October 17

GOTV/Voter Registration in New Paltz, New York (With Hillary Clinton)

GOTV/Voter Registration in Rockaway Beach, NYC, New York

October 18, 19

Debate Prep, no campaigning (Evan Bayh is Quayle, Paul Schell is Moderator)

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #528 on: April 09, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »

Americans for Opportunity Resources Report

MN Senate- $1,000,000 ad buy

The ad buy is being delivered in two parts. The first $350,000 is being used to bolster Dayton's conservative opponent on the issue of the economy and integrity. The ads utilize targeting data to hit independents with a pure toss-up voter profile or historically lean Republican. The message is tailored to make the candidate appear moderate and likable. The objective of this buy is a persuasion buy. It's meant to swing undecideds into our column who have either an even opinion or slightly favorable opinion of the party.

The second part of the buy is equal to $650,000. This buy is deeply negative and hits Dayton on the issue of the economy and education. We portray the candidate as being a typical, Washington-loving, tax-and-spend liberal who wants to massacre jobs and explode poverty. We're also going after Democratic opposition to equal access to education through vouchers and accountability standards. The attacks are targeted at independents with a pure-tossup profile and independents whose data suggests they have a favorable view of Dayton. This is designed to move his supporters out of his column and draw resources off the real fight. If the attacks are ignored, he'll lose a lot of votes.

MT Senate- $400,000 ad buy

The entire ad buy is targeted at those who are leaning Schweitzer. We're spending all money attacking Schweitzer on healthcare. The narrative is to frame Schweitzer as a supporter of a "vicious government takeover" of our healthcare system. We're saying that Brian Schweitzer will be the deciding vote to rubber stamp either Majority Leader or President Daschle. The ad is targeted to chip away at his current support, the Burns campaign can handle the persuasion of newly undecideds.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

Bump!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: April 11, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »

Just give me some hours Tongue
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

October 20th-October 28th begins now

This round will have 9 days, and the next one (the last one), 10.

-Powell wins debate, but Americans seem surprised by Lincoln performance.

-Quayle still has a large lead over Daschle, but it looks like he's closing the gap. Liberals fired up, maybe?

-Daschle has a big problem among the independent electorate. At the same time, Quayle is closing the gap among Hispanics. Will that give him a chance in states like California or New Jersey?

-Quayle wants to talk about comments "taken out of context" he did 8 years ago. Americans think he's "brave" and "honest" for doing it. But his views on family values could be the reason behind Daschle modest bump in polls. In spite of that, or maybe because of that, Quayle is still above the 50% mark in the 3 polls released this week.

-Experts say that this was the best week of campaigning, with Quayle maybe becoming the best campaigner ever. Some of them are sure that will give those "undecided" voters and make him win more than 350 EVs. Others are sure Quayle will outperform polls if he campaigns the way he did this week, but don't think it'll be enough to get him over 350 EVs: the US populations is now more polarized than ever.

-Why can't Blanche Lincoln do more than one thing at the same time? Does that mean she can't work under pressure, or does it mean that she wants everything done perfectly? For Quayle, the answer's clear: she isn't qualified to become VP.

-Senate could go either way, with democrats making a special push for votes in republican states.

-Lincoln visits Europe... was it the best moment to do so?

-Can a democrat win the Utah Gubernatorial race? It doesn't look very likely, but Bill Orton is keeping the race competitive, a difficult task, specially with Daschle/Lincoln at the top of the ballot.

-Map shows Quayle has the electoral college locked for him. Can Daschle change that in less than 3 weeks? He has a big opportunity in the last Presidential debate.

National PRP Poll (October 6th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 51% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (+1)
Undecided/DK 4% (-1)

-Among Hispanics:

Quayle/Powell 45%
Daschle/Lincoln 59%
U/DK 6%

-Among democrats:

Quayle/Powell 9%
Daschle/Lincoln 86%
U/DK 5%

-Among republicans:

Quayle/Powell 92%
Daschle/Lincoln 3%
U/DK 5%

-Among independents:

Quayle/Powell 55%
Daschle/Lincoln 37%
U/DK 8%

National Gassmussen Poll (October 7th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 52% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 43% (+1)
Undecided/DK 5% (-1)

National B2000 Poll (October 9th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 50% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (=)
Undecided/DK 5% (=)

Opinion of Collin Powell:

Favorable 60%
Unfavorable 33%
DK/U 7%

Opinion of Blanche Lincoln:

Favorable 40%
Unfavorable 48%
DK/U 12%

About Blanche Lincoln, was her debate performance...

Better than you expected 40%
As expected 29%
Worse than you expected 16%
DK 15%

Did you expect Powell winning the debate?

Yes 68%
No 13%
DK/U 19%

Quayle/Powell    278 EVs
Daschle/Lincoln  110 EVs
Toss-up              150 EVs

Navy: safe republican (Quayle > 7%)
Blue: leans republican (Quayle 4-7%)
Yellow: toss-up (4% < lead for any candidate)
Pink: leans democrat (Daschle 4-7%)
Red: safe democrat (Daschle > 7%)

We only have one more Presidential debate, which will take place this turn. Could you moderate it for the last time, Spiral??? Thanks!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2014, 07:46:48 PM »

Good evening from the Field House at Washington University in St. Louis. I'm Jim Lehrer of the NewsHour on PBS. And I welcome you to this final Campaign 2000 debate between the Democratic candidate for president, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle, and the Republican candidate, former Vice President Dan Quayle.

How do you feel about HMOs and insurance companies making the critical decisions that affect people's lives instead of the medical professionals?

What would make you the best candidate in office during the Middle East crisis?

Many people claim that we're losing our morality in this country from movies, video games, the Internet, etc. How would you as President address this issue?

What is your stance on the death penalty?

Now we're going to go to closing statements.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »

Updates, anyone?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2014, 08:56:09 PM »

Sorry, Julio! My schedule and the debate answers will come tomorrow or in a few hours.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »

Sorry, I was waiting for Lumine...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2014, 10:23:08 PM »

Debate Responses: Dan Quayle:

Good to see you again, Jim, and good to see Senator Daschle as well. This is our final debate, so I believe tonight will prove to be a rather important night. I'd like to believe this is a night in which we can mark the contrast between both candidacies, and show the American people the options they will have in November.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1.   "Well, Jim, I believe this is an issue that will prove crucial to determine the actual leadership of the next President. I think most of us, if not all of us, can agree that we can't allow the rights of the patients to be ignored for the sake of insurance companies. I believe both Democrats and Republicans agree on this one, and they are currently discussing a potential solution in Washington. The problem is that we have our differences in regards to how to deal with the problem. My party proposed a comprehensive reform for health care, including a bill of rights for the patients, health savings plans so you can choose your own doctor, and a system in which you have a specific road to be heard in case of trouble. We have to make health care more efficient and less expensive, and this plan, which I fully endorse, will protect patients' rights, expand consumer choice and access to affordable health care, and it will improve health care quality and outcomes. Of course, when this plan was introduced, Senator Daschle himself blasted it and called it the worst possible solution. And you see, that's a mindset America doesn't need. We need efficient health care, not a bloated system that can't pay for itself and costs the taxpayers more and more."

2.   "The answer to this one is rather simple, I think. It's about experience. I believe I can do the best job here because I am a foreign policy expert, I fought in the Senate as a foreign policy expert, and I served as a Vice-President in charge of several issues related to this. I've been there, I have met the leaders and worked on this, and General Powell has the same amount of experience. Without disrespect, Senator Daschle, you have no foreign policy experience, and neither does Blanche Lincoln. Eight years of Bill Clinton proved that to elect a President without experience foreign affairs does not lead to good results, and we need a truly coherent policy for the Middle East. Senator Daschle can presume of knowing the names of many leaders, as he proved to us in last debate, but beyond that, where is the experience and the accomplishments in that area? That is something that takes time, persistence, and a lot of hard work, and America can trust me when I say that I will fight for you and our common values in the world stage."

3.   "First of all, I agree with them. I am a parent, and I know firsthand the problem that comes with the lack of morality in some parts of the media. Government has to understand the concerns of the parents, and it has to stand with the parents, as I have been advocating since my very first week on the trail. And yes, government can do something about it, and it will do something about it in a Quayle administration. With educational reform you can get schools to teach better values to our children, with proper funding you can get afterschool programs, you can work with the networks to install family hour, and so forth. I am not the biggest fan of censorship, because this is a free nation, but when you are trying to teach a child right from wrong, it doesn't help when you see such violence promoted in the media. We need some filters here, and I am sure my opponent believes the same. This is what I call a truly bipartisan issue."

4.   "You know, Jim, this is probably the hardest issue for me to handle, because I don't want the people to get the wrong idea. Back in 1992 I was truly for the death penalty, and I often spoke for it on the campaign trail. These years outside of government gave me time to think, to reflect, to try and see how deep my beliefs were. Liberals often use the argument that being pro-life and pro-death penalty is inconsistent, and the more I thought about it, the more sense that made to be. Pope John Paul II was a great help to me with this, when he made a strong case against capital punishment, and there's also the argument that the government can make mistakes with this. If we conservatives don't trust the government with guns, why should we trust them with the life of a person? I believe death penalty should be reserved only for the most heinous crimes, in the rest of the cases, I admit that I am against it."

"Well, it is time for the closing statement. For the past few months, America has seen the fight of two men who wish to serve America as President, of two men who have very different views in the America we both love. Senator Daschle has opted for a view that is far more liberal, and some times we have seen him advocating for policies like a war on coal and bike lines when it is obvious that America has more urgent needs. And I think my posture is clear enough. I am a conservative, with a common sense platform that wishes to address the issues directly and help America. Good immigration reform, better health care, protecting families and the middle class, a balanced budget, coherence in foreign policy, dignity in the White House, and so forth. I don't wish to be perceived as arrogant, but I invite each one of you to think carefully, to look at both candidates and their performance, and ask yourselves: Which America do I want? Which candidate can help me create that America? In which of these two men I would place such trust? It's not an easy question, my fellow Americans, but I hope this debate has helped you to make your choice. Thank you very much."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2014, 01:31:53 PM »

Tom Daschle Debate Answers

Thank you for that introduction, Mr. Lehrer, and I thank Washington University for hosting the debate, the city of St. Louis for agreeing to put with two Presidential Candidates at the same time, and to Vice-President Quayle for bothering to show up despite the huge lead he has.

I feel that HMO's and insurance companies shouldn't be making critical decisions, and that medical professionals, while there to advise, shouldn't be responsible for making the important decisions that a patient needs to make. That responsibility belongs in almost all circumstances, to the patient themselves, and that is why even today I believe that the Clinton Health-Care Reform was the worst possible solution, because it took all decision-making ability out of a patient's hands, which is something as President my Health Care plan would correct.

I can't say I would be a good President for a crisis in the Middle East. I can't say my opponent would be a good President for a crisis in the Middle East. I honestly can't say any possible American President would be a good President for a crisis in the Middle East. But what I can say is that I see many things in that part of the World. I see that Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak genuinely wants peace, but neither his people nor Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and his people truly desire peace in any form. I see Iranian President Mohammad Khatami, as the biggest check to the Ayahtollah in Iran, and someone we should not hesitate to give support to.  I believe that while Saddam Hussein is a dangerous threat, he will one day infuriate his neighbors once more, and it will cause his end. And I believe that Saudi Arabia is not an ally, that King Fahd and his country are currently as close to an enemy as a country could possibly get. Remember Osama Bin Laden was born and raised in Saudi Arabia, a man who masterminded bombings of two United States embassies and has issued a fatwa or legal opinion regarding the killing of westerners, thus proving we cannot trust the Saudis.

To me the issue is more than just, what we watch, play and hear, but, what we interpret. Certainly there are some people who are losing their morality with today's entertainment technology, but at same time many more people are either keeping theirs, or gaining a sense of morality they didn't know they had. Back in April, I visited a Pizza Parlor in Ann Arbor that has played the Spongebob Squarepants Episode "Pizza Delivery" in their training videos for new employees since it's first airing in August of last year. The manager told me that he did this because it taught his employees that, while Spongebob is a children's show at heart, this episode taught these new employees that all they do is for the customers benefit. In October of 1996, I met a family in Harrold, South Dakota, who's son spent the past few years learning the in's and outs of soccer management by playing Championship manager. He now is an assistant Sporting Director for the New York Metrostars. So while technology has tremendous potential to harm, it also has tremendous potential to help.

Like Senator Quayle, I believe the Death Penalty should be used in the most heinous of crimes. In addition, however I also believe that if there is anywhere near a reasonable doubt of guilt, than the death penalty should be off the table. As a President and Attorney General, I would have pushed for the death penalty for James Earl Ray, for Sirhan Sirhan and for Lynette Fromme. At the same time, I would have opposed death sentences for John Hinckley, David Berkowitz and Mark David Chapman.

In conclusion, Vice-President Quayle and I don't decide who wins, you as the voters do, and that is what makes our system special. Once again I must thank the primary voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, Delaware and Washington, as well as everyone who has decided to vote in this general election for coming out and supporting your favorite candidate, and I thank all my surrogates, for supporting myself and Senator Lincoln through thick and thin.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »

Dan Quayle's Schedule:
(October 20th - October 28th) Sad

"Less than three weeks left, America! This has been a tough race, a long race, but our efforts have been rewarded with the lead we currently have. This is our chance to return values to the White House, and prove that the Republican Party is very much alive and stronger than ever! And I want to thank each one of those who have helped this effort from the very beginning, the volunteers, the staffers, my campaign team, the surrogates, and specially General Powell, who has truly been a brilliant running mate. Now it's time for the final steps, now is when we try to go and get out the vote, and I am sure that we will all do our best efforts to secure victory. Here we go, America! To the campaign trail once more!"

October 20th:
-California:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Fresno, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Sacramento, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in San Jose, CA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in San Francisco.
-Rally in Los Angeles, CA.

"The media reports that America is more polarized than ever. And yet, here I stand, tied with Senator Daschle in a state that has almost become a stronghold for the Democrats. Ladies and gentlemen, this is our chance to prove that America is not as polarized as people think it is, our chance to show that Democrats, Republicans and Independents can join a cause together. Perhaps it might not be landslide, but I am confident that California will vote for our campaign and our message in November, and we will be able to prove that indeed, America is not as polarized as people think, and that yes, we can build a common message for a strong and solid majority."

October 21st:
-Oregon:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Salem, OR.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Eugene, OR.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Gresham, OR.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Hillsboro, OR.
-Rally in Portland, OR.

"I feel Oregon is a crucial state to the American economy because it focuses on technology. And you see across the state many important companies, many links to places like Silicon Valley, and then it becomes evident that the next President of the United States will have to give a greater focus to technology, just as Vice-President Gore did when he advocated for the Internet. Now, I know, just having an active website does not prove much, but I remain committed to help America to adapt to the 21st Century, and in doing so we will create jobs and we will secure the prosperity of states like Oregon. The environmental positions of Senator Daschle are appealing to most of you, I know, but we must also be aware of the cost, of the alternatives, of the consequences those positions might have, like the impact it would cause on places like West Virginia."

October 22nd:
-Arkansas:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Fort Smith, AR.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Fayetteville, AR.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Springdale, AR.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Jonesboro, AR.
-Rally in Little Rock, AR.

"And the fight for our values goes on, Arkansas! There are politicians out there who have a tendency to consider that religion has absolutely no place in government. And while I agree with many of those arguments, I will be honest with you: I don't really like this whole notion all state and no church. Religion has a part to play, and it a be a powerful and positive force that advocates for good values and beliefs. My opponent is a religious man, just as I am, and yet I never hear him talking about religion. Not even once, not even about values beyond the Lincoln comment on our President being a philandered. Don't you think this is an issue that we should speak about, specially in a state as faithful to religion as Arkansas is?"

October 23rd:
-Minnesota:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Bloomington, MN.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Rochester, MN.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Duluth, MN.
-Voter Registration Efforts in St. Paul, MN.
-Rally in Minneapolis, MN.
-Appearance on Fox News.

"Well, I think this push for voter registration is really going to make a difference. There are many voters across America that have never voted, that find themselves excluded in some way, or that simply believe that the candidates do not represent them. You have minorities, independents, liberals, conservatives, and so forth. And I want to encourage them to show up, to vote, to increase the turnout and let this election reflect the true will of the American people. There is no point in getting elected by a small minority if the rest don't vote, and think many of these new voters will feel interested in what I have to say."

October 24th:
-Wisconsin:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Madison, WI.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Green Bay, WI.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Kenosha, WI.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Racine, WI.
-Rally in Milwaukee, WI.

"Gun control is an issue that some find to be divisive in America, and while I understand there are many different points of view on this, I'll have to say I don't really believe in gun control. I believe in self control, I believe that is the true key to end the problems we have seen with the misuse of weapons. We can debate all day long about new regulations, but first we actually have to enfore the ones we already have so we can actually prevent those people not prepared to own a gun to actually own it. Responsible gun owners shouldn't be punished or be a subject to so many regulations, we should punish those who are irresponsible. "

October 25th:
-Michigan:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Warren, MI.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Grand Rapids, MI.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Lansing, MI.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Ann Harbor, MI.
-Rally in Detroit, MI.

"I stand with the veterans and the military, with people like this young man, for they have been neglected in this administration. Bill Clinton has not handled defense or national security very well, and that is something that has to change now. What do I propose? I want to see more focus on high-tech like SDI and spying, more spending on advanced weapons, to actually coordinate intelligence agencies to fight terrorism, and overall, to increase defense spending to meet our global responsibilities. I have been advocating for all of this since the 1980's, and it's time to finally put this into practice."

October 26th:
-Pennsylvania:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Erie, PA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Pittsburgh, PA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Scranton, PA.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Allentown, PA.
-Rally in Philadelphia, PA.

"Pennsylvania is a state that cares a great deal about Health Care and Social Security, and I am sure most of you have followed with great interest the discussion Senator Daschle and I have held over those topics. I feel that the Democrats this time have no actual plans for these issues beyond putting more regulations and blaming me and the Republicans for supposedly wanting to kill Social Security and Health Care in this nation. At least we have a plan, and our plan will make it more affordable, more efficient, and the system will actually pay for itself, instead of this deficit mess we have right now."

October 27th:
-Maine:
-Town Hall in Portland, ME.
-Town Hall in Bangor, ME.
-Town Hall in Biddeford, ME.
-Town Hall in Auburn, ME.
-Rally in Augusta, ME.

"Glad to be in Maine, this state has given me a truly positive surprise and a truly positive response as well. One of the things I dislike about campaigning in big states is that you never have enough time to spend it with the voters, and while I still don't have all the time in world here, it is easier to connect and address the voter directly. I'd like to believe this vision I have for America is a vision that I can share and discuss with you. It's not an old and tired slogan, I truly and deeply believe that a smaller government, bigger defense and stronger families are the keys for a successful America in the 21st Century."

October 28th:
-New Jersey:
-Voter Registration Efforts in Jersey City, NJ.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Paterzon, NJ.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Elizabeth, NJ.
-Voter Registration Efforts in Edison, NJ.
-Rally in Newark, NJ.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2014, 03:50:38 PM by Governor Spiral »

Who won the debate?

Dan Quayle - 58%
Tom Daschle - 35%
Tie - 7%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #540 on: April 15, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »

Schedule for John Kerry;

October 20, 2000

GOTV in Groton, Vermont

GOTV in Woodsville, New Hampshire

GOTV in Easton, New Hampshire

GOTV in Woodstock, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

October 21, 2000

GOTV in Accord, New York (With Hillary Clinton, Paul Fiener, John LaFalce, Maurice Hinchey, Robin Schimminger, William Magnarelli, William Magee, David Gnatt, and Susan John)

GOTV in Tillson, New York (With Hillary Clinton, Ryan Karben, Neil Breslin, Eliot Spitzer and David Paterson)

GOTV in Highland, New York

GOTV in LaGrange, New York

October 22, 2000

GOTV in Fishkill, New York

Guest Appearance on Emeril Live! At the Culinary Institute of America (Emeril Lagasse hosting) (Other guests including, William Weld  and John Rowland) (Cooking Clam Chowder and Eggplant Parmesan)

GOTV in Rhinebeck, New York

October 23, 2000

GOTV in Amenia, New York

GOTV in Chazy, New York

GOTV in Mott Haven, Bronx

GOTV in Throggs Neck, Bronx

October 24, 2000

GOTV in Fairfield, New Jersey

GOTV in Montville, New Jersey

GOTV in Morrisville, New Jersey

October 25, 2000

GOTV in Somerville, New Jersey

GOTV in North Plainfeld, New Jersey

GOTV in Ivyland, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Silverdale, Pennsylvania

October 26, 2000

GOTV in Richlandtown, Pennsylvania

GOTV in New Britain, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Chalfont, Pennsylvania

October 27, 2000

GOTV in Portage, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Franklin, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Vintondale, Pennsylvania

October 28, 2000

GOTV in Twinsburg, Ohio

GOTV in Sliver Lake, Ohio (With Ted Celeste)

GOTV in Richfield, Ohio (With Ted Celeste)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #541 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »

Schedule for Al Gore;

October 20, 2000

Attend Funeral Services for Mel Carnahan, Rolla, Missouri

GOTV in Newburg, Missouri

GOTV in Doolittle, Missouri

GOTV in Eminence, Missouri

October 21, 2000[/b

GOTV in Lenoir City, Tennesee

Serve as Ceremonial Captain for Third Saturday in October Football Game, Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, Tennessee (Vs. Alabama) (With Don Siegelman, Glenn Browder, George McMillan, Fred Thompson, Van Hilleary)

GOTV in Jonesboro, Arkansas

October 22, 2000

GOTV in Monmouth, Illinois

GOTV in Little York, Illinois

GOTV in Alexis, Illinois

October 23, 2000

GOTV in New Boston, Illinois

GOTV in Aledo, Illinois

GOTV in Reynolds, Illinois

GOTV in Silvis, Illinois

October 24, 2000

GOTV in Silvis, Illinois

October 25-28

Rest in Washington D.C

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »

I'm updating this tomorrow. Daschle, Powell and Lincoln haven't released their schedules...

NYE, I have yet another question for you: why do you always have schedules for Gore and Kerry before Daschle and Lincoln? Do you think they help the Daschle/Lincoln ticket more than themselves?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #543 on: April 17, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »

I'm updating this tomorrow. Daschle, Powell and Lincoln haven't released their schedules...

NYE, I have yet another question for you: why do you always have schedules for Gore and Kerry before Daschle and Lincoln? Do you think they help the Daschle/Lincoln ticket more than themselves?

That's just the order I've been going on... least important to most important
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #544 on: April 17, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »

Schedule for Blanche Lincoln;

October 20, 2003

Attend Funeral of Mel Carnahan, Rolla, Missouri

October 21, 2003
GOTV in Bono, Arkansas

GOTV in Willow Springs, Missouri

GOTV in Brandsville, Missouri

GOTV in West Plains, Missouri

October 22, 2003

Speech at the Carrie Nation House, Medicine, Lodge Kansas (Martinia McBride performing Independence Day. It's My Time, and a cover of Love Potion #9)

Carry Nation was a great American Hero, but she didn't realize is that moderation is the way to go. In the same fashion, the  Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and Bush administrations have either railed against Government or attempted to drastically cut the budget. But they have been using the wrong approach. While the era of big government is indeed for the most part deceased, I believe we can add bike lanes across America, if we cut the waste in our military. The key is some thing Carrie Nation was never able to to do, and that was see that everything, be it alcohol, tobacco or electric shock therapy is good in moderation.

GOTV in Isabel, Kansas

GOTV in Sun City, Kansas

October 23, 2000

Dig for Meteorites at the Haviland Crater, Haviland, Kansas

Please tell me, I didn't hit the gas lines... I didn't? Great! Too bad I didn't find anything...

GOTV in Mullinville, Kansas

GOTV in Iuka, Kansas

October, 24, 2000

GOTV in Pratt, Kansas

Protest captivity of Goral, Siamang, Snow Monkey, Snow Leopard, Red Panda, Grey Crowned Crane, Red Kangaroo, Emu, Bobcat, Jaguar, Cougar, Yellow Billed Cardinal, Burrowing Owl, Kookaburra, Taveta Weaver, Dove, Pheasant, Mandarin Duck, Flamingo, Rhea, Tapir, Alpaca, Anteater and Maned Wolf. (With Ingrid Newkirk, Peter Singer, Martin Balluch, Cass Sunstein, and Steven. M Wise)

GOTV in Baxter Springs, Kansas

October 25, 2000

GOTV in Galena, Kansas

GOTV in Columbus, Kansas

GOTV in Casper, Wyoming

October 26, 2000

GOTV in Bar Nunn, Wyoming

GOTV in Huntsville, Utah (With Bill Orton)

GOTV in Mantua, Utah (With Bill Orton)

October 27, 2000

GOTV in Willard, Utah (With Bill Orton)

GOTV, Castro District, San Francisco, California

GOTV, Diamond Heights, San Francisco, California

October 28, 2000

Run New York City Marathon (Finish in 4 hours 37 minutes and 17 seconds)

GOTV in Freeport, New York

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #545 on: April 17, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2014, 07:24:02 PM by Senator Lumine »

"Oh, I think this has been a fantastic week, specially with the debate win. I haven't seen Senator Daschle's speeches or activities this week, but I am a little bit puzzled about Blanche Lincoln. Look, I don't want to look as if I was taking any chance to attack her and/or question her judgement, but am I the only one who is really concerned about what she's doing on the trail? I mean, taking a week off, travelling to Europe, running a marathon, participating in a protest in a zoo, saying that if we cut military funding we can fund Senator Daschle's bike lanes dream, and my favourite: searching for meteorites in Kansas a week before the election. Doesn't she think that there might be more important or relevant things to do? Week after week after week, the Daschle campaign has managed to alienate entire states like West Virginia, they killed their chances with independent voters, lost all debates, called the President a philanderer and then tried to run with his legacy while saying they wouldn't, staged a rally with Monica Lewinsky, used bike lanes as the focus point of their campaign, they almost replaced the VP candidate and... and now it's meteorites. Am I really the only one concerned about this?"
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: April 17, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »

That's just the order I've been going on... least important to most important

Fair enough Smiley
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #547 on: April 17, 2014, 07:57:47 PM »

Schedule for Tom Daschle

October 20, 2000

Attend Funeral Service For Mel Carnahan

GOTV in Burney, California

October 21, 2000

GOTV in Alamanor, California

GOTV in Portola, California

GOTV in Beckwourth, California

GOTV in Loyalton, California

GOTV in Downieville, California

October 22, 2000

Pan for gold in Sattley, California

GOTV in Oakhurst, California

GOTV in Chowchilla, California

Speech/GOTV in Madera, California (With Dianne Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Edward Bernstein, Brian Schweitzer, Thomas Carper, Jeff Bingaman, Scott Howell and Maria Cantwell)

California has been going more and more Democratic with each passing cycle, so why are is Vice-President Quayle even in contention. Part of it is my fault, I haven't disseminated my message in the fashion I desired to. But large portions of it have to with the fact that Vice-President Quayle has overcome his baggage from the past. I congratulate him for doing so, but he still has work to do to be elected President, and even more work to be an effective President once elected.

GOTV in Hanford, California

October 23, 2000

Speech at Richard Nixon Presidential Library, Yorba Linda, California

President Nixon would be turning over in his grave if saw today's Republican Party! It's just as crooked as he is without any of the redeeming features! Nixon established the EPA, today's Republicans want to abolish it! Nixon established detente with China, today's Republicans want to put our relationship back in deep freeze! Dan Quayle can fight these parasitic interests in the Republican Party all he wants but, sooner rather than later, he will fall to them!

GOTV in Sunnyvale, California

GOTV in Wood Village, Oregon

October 24, 2000

GOTV in Fairview, Oregon

GOTV in Troutdale, Oregon

GOTV in Hallowell, Maine

October 25, 2000

GOTV in Waterville, Maine

GOTV in China, Maine

GOTV in Gardiner, Maine

October 26, 2000

GOTV in Bath, Maine

GOTV in Groton, Connecticut

GOTV in Stonington, Connecticut

October 27, 2000

GOTV in Elsmere, Delaware

GOTV in Bellafonte, Delaware

GOTV in Newark, Delaware

October 28, 2000

GOTV in Jeweler's Row, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

GOTV in the Italian Market, Philadelphia

GOTV in Franklintown, Pennsylvania

GOTV in Walnut Hill, Pennsylvania
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #548 on: April 18, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

Colin Powell Campaign Schedule

Oct 20: California
-Rally in Santa Monica, CA
-Rally in San Diego, CA
-Rally in Sacramento, CA
-Rally in Yosemite, CA

Oct. 21st: Oregon/California
-Rally in Portland, OR
-Rally in Salem, OR
-Rally in Eureka, CA
-Rally in Oakland, CA

Oct. 22nd: Minnesota
-Rally in St. Paul, MN
-Rally in Duluth, MN
-Rally in St. Cloud, MN
-Rally in Rochester, MN
-Appearance on World News Tonight with Peter Jennings

Oct 23rd: Wisconsin
-Rally in Stevens Point, WI
-Rally in Green Bay, WI
-Rally in Janesville, WI
-Rally in LaCrosse, WI

Oct. 24th: Michigan
-Rally in Detroit, MI
-Rally in Marquette, MI
-Rally in Ann Arbor, MI
-Appearance on NBC Nightly News

Oct. 25th: Pennsylvania
-Rally in Philadelphia, PA
-Rally in Allenstown, PA
-Rally in Gettysburg, PA
-Rally in Pittsburgh, PA
-Rally in Erie, PA

Oct. 26th: New Jersey
-Rally in Trenton, NJ
-Rally in Camden, NJ
-Phone Bank at NJ HQ
-Rally in Paterson, NJ

Oct. 27th: Maine
-Rally in Kittery, ME at the Shipyard
-Rally in Portland, ME
-Rally in Augusta, ME
-Rally in University of Maine at Orono
-Rally in York, ME

Oct. 28th: New Hampshire/Ohio
-Rally in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally in Freedom, NH
-Rally in Dayton, OH
-Rally in Columbus, OH

"As I've said to people all across this great country of ours, hold on. Hold on a little longer. Election day is upon us and a better America begins with the election of Dan Quayle as President of the United States."
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:23 PM »

October 30th-October 7th - Last round begins now

-Final days of campaign... and final Senate polls to be released this week!!

-Most expensive presidential election of the History!

-Quayle against death penalty (for almost every case). Will that hurt him among the conservative base? Will it help among moderates, liberals and democrats...? We will only know by election day...

-Quayle's still nice on the trail... But he may be the most lonely Presidential candidate in decades!!

-Quayle wins the 2nd Presidential debate, but people believe both were OK. Dan Quayle looks more Presidential and almost as likeable as Daschle now.

-Americans starting to like Lincoln now, find her way more likeable than Powell. Still, Powell looks more VP material, but not by much, as they continue to think Powell is too lazy to be VP.

-Daschle still behind Quayle in polls.

-Quayle, the most liked candidate ever? Smashes Lincoln, Powell and Daschle on fav/unfav poll. Will that translate into votes?

-Digging for meteorites two weeks before election day, the ultimate campaign strategy? Americans liked the idea: most of them would like to do so. But... are they voting for a meteorite digger? Let's just wait and see.

-Panning for gold not as popular as digging for meteorites... Skepticism about finding gold may be the reason.

-The meteorite digger runs the NYC marathon. Incredible! Could be the fastest VP since John Tyler...

National PRP Poll (October 6th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 52% (+1)
Daschle/Lincoln 44% (-1)
Undecided/DK 4% (=)

-Among democrats:

Quayle/Powell 12% (+3)
Daschle/Lincoln 84% (-2)
U/DK 4% (-1)

-Among republicans:

Quayle/Powell 90% (-2)
Daschle/Lincoln 3% (=)
U/DK 7% (+2)

-Among independents:

Quayle/Powell 57% (+2)
Daschle/Lincoln 38% (+1)
U/DK 5% (-3)

-Among women:

Quayle/Powell 48%
Daschle/Lincoln 47%
DK/U 5%

National Gassmussen Poll (October 7th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 52% (=)
Daschle/Lincoln 43% (=)
Undecided/DK 5% (=)

National B2000 Poll (October 9th)Sad

Quayle/Powell 51% (+1)
Daschle/Lincoln 45% (=)
Undecided/DK 4% (-1)

Who looks more Presidential?

Dan Quayle 66%
Tom Daschle 25%
DK/U/Neither 9%

Vicepresidential?

Collin Powell 50%
Blanche Lincoln 29%
DK/U/N 21%

Who do you find more likeable?

Tom Daschle 51%
Dan Quayle 43%
DK/U 6%

Blanche Lincoln 55%
Collin Powell 30%
DK/U 15%

Opinion of Collin Powell:

Favorable 56% (-4)
Unfavorable 35% (+2)
DK/U 9% (+2)

Opinion of Blanche Lincoln:

Favorable 43% (+3)
Unfavorable 44% (-4)
DK/U 13% (+1)

Opinion of Dan Quayle:

Favorable 62%
Unfavorable 32%
DK/U 6%

Opinion of Tom Daschle:

Favorable 50%
Unfavorable 44%
DK/U 6%

About Tom Daschle, was her debate performance...

Better than you expected 28%
As expected 42%
Worse than you expected 16%
DK 14%

Did you expect Quayle winning the debate?

Yes 64%
No 23%
DK/U 13%

Would you enjoy digging for meteorites?

Yes 70%
No 17%
DK/U 13%

Would you enjoy panning for gold?

Yes 45%
No 42%
DK/U 13%

Digging or panning?

Diggning for meteorites 60%
Panning for gold 28%
DK/U 12%

State polls:

Each candidate can request polls for 5 states.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies