2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:41:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91727 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »

OOC: This game would have made for an interesting timeline, xD

"We did it! Thank you! Thank you very much! My fellow Americans, I am absolutely overwhelmed at the results of this election, at seeing that, despite what many thought and said, the results show our party returning to the White House, with me and General Powell to lead the charge. And not only that, but we control Congress as well, so you can expect me to work as hard as I can to pass the agenda we have been working on for the past few months, an agenda that we hope will send the United States of America to its rightful place at the head of the 21st Century. You have put your trust in me, and I will prove that said trust is in the right place.

I saw Senator Daschle and Senator Lincoln's comments, and I want to thank them as well for being gracious and challenging adversaries. The four of us fought a truly active and dedicated campaign, and while I'm sure this moment must be hard for the Senator, his family, and his supporters, he did a great job, and I'm glad to have shared these months in the campaign trail with him. He is right in the actual results not being clear enough, though, and despite having secured victory I believe the American people deserve to have clear results. I will call for a recount on Wisconsin, California and Oregon, and I hope these recounts will be carried in the most swift, transparent and efficient way possible.

This is truly an historic night for another reason as well, and I want to take the time to celebrate this as it should be celebrated. Tonight America was going to make history by electing either Senator Lincoln or General Powell to the Presidency, and I am more than proud to announce that General Colin Powell will be the first African-American to be elected to the Vice-Presidency, and someday, hopefully, I will be able to witness him as the first African-American President. The America of 2000 and on has changed from the world I saw in 1990 as Vice-President, and this new world has new challenges, new issues, new ground to cover. Let us all come together, and start working to build this new America of ours! (Applause) Thank you, god bless you, and god bless the United States of America!"

No reason why you can't take it further....
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »

I would love to see this game continue.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2014, 09:14:10 PM »

It would be interesting, perhaps we could Spamage's "Chain of Elections" system in which the incumbent answers some questions and then his term results are calculated. Quayle handling 9/11 (with the cabinet I have in mind) is something with a lot of potential, xD
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »

I'm so glad to see this election wrapped up. I thank all the people involved along the way for making it happen, and although I didn't get to finish it myself, I'm very happy with how Julio has managed it.

Continuing this would be really cool to see. I'd gladly try to be a part of it somehow again if that were to happen.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2014, 09:52:17 PM »

It would be interesting, perhaps we could Spamage's "Chain of Elections" system in which the incumbent answers some questions and then his term results are calculated. Quayle handling 9/11 (with the cabinet I have in mind) is something with a lot of potential, xD
I'd be thrilled to see this continue as well.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies