2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:33:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 91949 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 07, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »

Tom Daschle Campaign Kickoff Week

November 7, 1999 Kick off rally in Pierre South Dakota from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
With much respect to Senator Mikulski and Kerry, to General Clark and Senator Wellstone, I am the candidate that will best represent the Clinton era! I will be a practical Progressive, not a strident bomb-thrower, and I will get things done, not lie and shade the truth

November 7,1999 9:30 PM Interview with Meredith Vieira on South Dakota Culture, to be aired on The View later in the week.

November 8, Campaign stop in Windsor Heights, Iowa at 11:00 AM, Campaign Rally in Mitchellville Iowa at 1:45 PM, Campaign Rally at the Ashton Observatory, Baxter, Iowa at 9:45 PM

November,9 Fundraiser in Omaha, Nebraska until 2:45 PM. Campaign rally in Oakland Iowa from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM

November 10, Campaign stop at Shelby County Courthouse in Harlan Iowa until 12:45 PM. Spend Evening traveling to New Hampshire.

November 11, Campaign Rally in Farmington New Hampshire from 2:00 PM until 3:35PM, Open Daschle for President office in Manchester, New Hampshire.

November 12, Travel to Washington and attend to Senate work.

November 13, Fundraiser in Chevy Chase, Maryland.

The Following ad airs in Iowa and New Hampshire
For those of you who don't follow the deliberations of the Senate- and I don't blame you, I'm Tom Daschle and I'm running for president because I believe we have a duty towards practical progressivsm, which means we choose our battles carefully, because as Americans we can't afford to be wrong. 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »

Daschle For President 2000

Schedule for November 14-20,1999

November 14, AM  Travel to New Hampshire

November 14, 3:45 PM Campaign stop in Hooksett, New Hampshire.

We elect representatives to serve the people, and the people have not been served by Vice-President Quayle, Nor have they been helped or even understood by General Clark.  Should we elect individual who cannot spell potato or one whose livelihood is war? I think not and that is why I urge all New Hampshire voters to vote for me on February 1st

November 15, 9:00 AM Rally in Cranston, Rhode Island. 10:45 meeting with Jack Reed (seeking endorsement)

November 15, 12:00 Meeting with editorial board of Providence Journal

November 15, 5:00 PM Rally in Putnam Connecticut

November 15, 9:00 PM Meeting with Joe Lieberman  in New London Connecticut(seeking endorsement)

November 16, 10:45 AM Rally at Waterford Speedbowl Waterford, Connecticut

November 16, 3:45 PM Opening Daschle for President office in Groton, Connecticut

November 17, 10:00 AM Campiagn rally at Trinity College in Hartford,Connecticut.

November 17, 7:00 PM Rally at Fisher College, Boston, Massachusetts

Overnight, Travel to South Dakota

November 18 2:00 PM Rally in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

November 18, 4:00 PM Campaign rally in Larchwood,Iowa

November 19, 9:00 AM Stop in Rock Rapids, Iowa

November 19, 1:45 PM Campaign stop in Spirit Lake Iowa ; 3:00 meeting with former representative Berkely Bedell (seeking endorsement)

November, 20 6:00 AM Rally in Sioux City Iowa
November, 20 2:00 PM Speech on Environmental Policy from Maxwell Arboretum, Lincoln Nebraska

November, 20, 9:00 PM Meet with Bob Kerrery in Lincoln Nebraska (seeking Endorsement )

Other News

Richardson Endorses Daschle

Bill Richardson became the first cabinet secretary to make an endorsement, that of Tom Daschle in a press release this past weekend. He emphasized, that due to his job as Energy Secretary he would not campaign for Daschle, but that his office would be available if the candidate had any questions on energy issues.

McGovern  endorses fellow South Dakotan Daschle

!972 Presidential Nominee George McGovern endorsed tom Daschle at a rally in Larchwood, Iowa. McGovern's appearance and endorsement was apparently a surprise to even Daschle himself if judging by the look on his face. McGovern begins his work for the campaign on March 20, with a rally in Ames Iowa.

Daschle consolidating support in home state

St. Senator Paul Dennart threw his support behind the Daschle campaign yesterday. Campaign manager Seve Hildebrand said Dennart would mostly be stumping in state.

From the desk of Seve Hildebrand
Internal polling

Iowa
Daschle 27%
Mikulski 23%
Clark 22%
Kerry 15%
undecided 13%

New Hampshire
Clark 25%
Kerry 24%
Daschle 21%
Miklulski 20%
undecided 10%

Delaware (No Delegates)
Mikulski 35%
Clark 21%
Daschle 19%
Kerry 13%
Undecided 12%

Washington (No Delegates)
Daschle 29%
Clark 27%
Mikulski 17%
Kerry 12%
Undecided 15%

South Dakota
Daschle 38%
Clark 25%
Mikulski 24%
Kerry 10%
Undecided 3%

Polling Memos
Based on public polling and our own internals we are in good position to exit Iowa and New Hampshire with at least a top-two finish, We however will likely need to do well in the "beauty contests of Delaware and Washington to avoid our campaign fizzling out on Super Tuesday. Our Biggest threat out of the four candidates in General Clark, who likely will try to attack us as "a creature of Washington". Our weakest opponent is Senator Kerry. In the GOP field should we emerge with the nomination our strongest potential opponent is General Powell, our weakest opponent is Vice-President Quayle.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »

Daschle for President schedule

November 21
                  Travel to New Hampshire
                  Meet with Jeanne Shaheen in Dover, New Hampshire (seeking endorsement)
                   Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
November 22
                   Rally in Hiram,Maine
                   Rally in Amherst Massachusetts (With Joe Lieberman)
                   Meet with John Olver (seeking endorsement)
November 23   
                Rally in  Worcester, Massachusetts (With Jack Reed)
                 Travel to South Carolina
                 Rally in Columbia South Carolina
                 Meet with Columbia mayor Bob Coble (seeking endorsement)
November 24
                  Open Daschle for President office in Sumter, South Carolina
                  Meet with Jim Clyburn (seeking endorsement)
                   Rally in York, South Carolina
November 25
                    Rally in Liberty, South Carolina
                    Travel to Iowa
                     Meet with Des Moines mayor Preston Daniels (seeking endorsement)
                       Rally in Davenport, Iowa (with Bob Kerrery)
November 26       
                       Rally in Moline, Illinois
                       Meet with former Congresswoman Gale Schisler (seeking endorsement)
                       Rally in Altona, Illinois
                       Rally in Canton, Illinois
November 27
                      Rally in Lewiston, Illinois
                      Rally in Bardolph, Illinois
                       Rally in Macomb, Illinois
                      Rally in Dallas City, Illinois
                      Rally in Keokuk, Iowa

New Ad  Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, Delaware, Washington and South Carolina

(Bob Kerrery)Tom Daschle is the candidate who will continue the Democrats reign in Washington, because he has the experience, the strength and the wisdom to act as President.
(George McGovern) I've never been more proud of a ]Democrat than I am of Tom Daschle.
(Tom Daschle) I approve this message because I believe I am the best candidate running for President.

George McGovern will be campaigning in Des Moines, Iowa  on November 23 and in Peoria, Illinois on November 25
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »

Daschle 2000 Campaign Schedule

November 28
                       Rally in Des Moines, Iowa (with Preston Daniels)
                       Meet with Tom and Christie Vilsack (seeking endorsements)
                       Rally in Ames, Iowa
                       Debate Prep
November 29
                       Rally at Morningside College,Sioux City Iowa
                       Rally at Dakota Weslyan College in Mitchell, South Dakota (With George McGovern)
                       Meet With Tim Johnson in Baltic South Dakota (Seeking endorsement)

November 30,
                         Rally in Beresford, South Dakota
                         Travel to Washington
                         Rally in Walla Walla, Washington
December 1st
                          Rally in Langley, Washington
                          Meet With Patty Murray in Olympia, Washington (seeking endorsement)
                          Travel to Arkansas
December 2nd     
                          Rally in Hot Springs Arkansas
                          Rally in Hope, Arkansas
                          Rally in Little Rock, Arkansas
                          Meet with Mike Beebe (seeking endorsement)
December 3rd   
                          Meet with Mark Pryor (seeking endorsement)
                           Meet with Jimmie Lou Fisher (seeking endorsement)
                           Travel to New Hampshire
December 4th       
                            Rally in Dover New Hampshire (with Jeanne Shaheen, John Olver and Jack Reed)
                           Rally in Somersworth, New Hampshire (with Joe Lieberman and George McGovern)
                           Rally in Brookfield, New Hampshire
                           Meet with Bernie Sanders in Burlington Vermont (seeking endorsement)
                           Meet with Burlington Mayor Peter Clavelle (seeking endorsement)

Internal Polling

Iowa     

Daschle 40%
Kerry 23%
Clark 22%
Mikulski 9%
Undecided 6%

New Hampshire

Kerry 27%
Daschle 26%
Clark 25%
Mikulxski 13%
undecided 9%

Delaware
Mikulski 30%
Daschle  26%
Clark      19% 
Kerry   15%
undecided  10%

Washington
Daschle 31%
Clark 21%
Kerry 20%
Mikulski 15%

Arkansas

Clark 29%
Daschle 26%
Kerry 15%
Mikulski 12%
undecided 18%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »

OOC. Spiral, would it be possible to get polls for the two "beauty contests", Delaware and Washington, as well as Arkansas?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »

The Daschle campagin thanks General Clark and Senator Mikulski for their endorsements...

Campagin Ad (to air in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina)
[i} John Kerry is soft on Iran, soft on North Korea. Tom Daschle will give Iran and North Korea the respect it deserves on the world stage-none. John Kerry supports open borders without consequence, I know that immigration reform needs to be our top priority, but we cannot accept wide-open borders. [/i]
I'm Tom Daschle and I approve this message[/i]
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »

Daschle Campaign Schedule,

December 5, 1999        
                                        Travel to Iowa
                                        Meet with editorial board of the Des Moines Register (seeking endorsement)
                                        Meet with Tom Harkin (seeking endorsement) in Des Moines, Iowa
December 6                                        
                                       Fundraiser at LeClaire Apartments in  Moline, Illinois
                                        Rally in Park View, Iowa
                                         Rally in Durant, Iowa
                                       Fundraiser at Sinnett Octagon House in Muscatine, Iowa
December 7,                      
                                            Rally in Bennett, Iowa
                                             Debate Prep
                                             Rally in Tipton, Iowa
                                             Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
                                             Pearl Harbor Remembrance ceremony at the University of Iowa
December 8

Rally in Coppock, Iowa
                                             Rally in New London, Iowa
                                              Rally in Creston, Iowa
                                             Meet with Chet Culver (seeking endorsment) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
December 9,                          
                                                Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
                                                Travel to New Hampshire
                                                Meet with former Manchester Mayor Emil Beaulieu (seeking endorsement)                          Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire

December 10
                                           Rally in Glen Burnie, Maryland
                                            Rally in Annapolis, Maryland
                                            Meet with Paul Sarbanes in Annapolis, Maryland (Seeking endorsement)
                                           Rally in Salisbury, Maryland
                                           Meet with Salisbury Mayor Barrie Parsons Tigheman (seeking endorsement)

December 11
                                         Rally at Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware
                                         Rally in Wilmington, Delaware
                                         Meet with Joe Biden (seeking endorsement)
                                         Rally in Salem, New Jersey
                                         Rally in Woodbury, New Jersey

New Ad
                   Does Colin Powell really have the skills necessary to negotiate with Democrats in Congress?  Tom Daschle doesn't think so. Powell couldn't make up his mind on what party he was in. Tom Daschle could and did. Powell supports same-sex marriage, his Republican rivals? They don't.  Colin Powell, too Liberal for the GOP, to Conservative for the Country.
I'm Tom Daschle and I approve this message

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »

Tom Daschle Campaign Schedule

December 12, 1999

Meet with Rob Andrews (seeking endorsement) in Bass River Township, New Jersey

Rally in Burlington, New Jersey
                                         Rally at Washington Crossing Historic Park, New Hope, Pennsylvania
                                        Rally at Deleware Valley College, New Britain, Pennsylvania
                                        Midnight rally in Ashland, New York
December 13

Rally in Elmira, New York
                                       Rally at Watkins Glen International race track, Watkins Glen, New York
                                       Rally at Cornell University, Ithica, New York
                                       Rally in Cortland, New York

December 14, 
                                      Rally in Onieda, New York
                                      Rally at National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, New York
                                      Rally in Saratoga Springs, New York
                                      Rally in Troy, New York

December 15                 
                                       Rally in Goshen, Massachusetts, (With John Olver)
                                       Rally in Ashby, Massachusetts
                                        Meet with Ted Kennedy, Ed Markey and Jim McGovern (seeking endorsements) in Fitchburg, Massachusetts

December 16-17

Attend to Senate work

December 18
                                 Rally in San Bernadino, California
                                 Fundraiser in Beverly Hills, California
                                 Rally in Valley Center, California
                                  Meet with Joe Baca (seeking endorsement) in Rancho Cucomonga, California
                                  Rally in Ontario California

Internal Polls

New Hampshire

Daschle 51%
Kerry 44%

Washington
Daschle 55%
Kerry 41%

Delaware
Daschle 48%
Kerry 40%

New York
Daschle 59%
Kerry 37%

California
Daschle 57%
Kerry 35 %

Massachusetts
Kerry 47%
Daschle 46%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »

No worries, happens to us all.

I'll be releasing some debate questions for the Republicans to answer after the next update, so look forward to that. Make sure you keep putting some time into your answers and your schedules, as that could make or break your campaign in such a tight race.

OOC; Don't you mean us two lonely Democrats... we haven't had a debate yet, and last I checked Sen. Kerry wasn't going anywhere...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »

Daschle Campaign
Debate answers

Thank you, for letting me into this debate. I welcome Senator Kerry back to the race, and Reverend Jackson to this melee a trios.

1.  I would raise the minimum retirement age to seventy and add COLA increases. I would also spend about half of Social Security's budget on SSI as we have a need to protect the vulnerable and those who cannot advocate for themselves.

2.   I believe that the the Lewinsky scandal is my strongest issue because it showed that Bill Clinton had a pattern of behavior, that makes it inappropriate for one to support him. However, it was not grounds for impeachment because it is not a high crime and the definition of a misdemeanor is too vague.

3.  Unfortunately, going negative has been proven as the path to win a nomination or general election, however I have no doubt that Senator Kerry or Reverend Jackson, whatever ads I air, would make excellent nominees and very good Presidents

Schedule

December 19, 1999
                                  Rally at John Anson Ford Amphitheater in Los Angeles, California
                                  Rally at Paso Robles Event Center in Paso Robles, California
                                   Rally in San Luis Obispo, California

December 20
                                    Rally in Chico, California
                                     Rally in Montecito, California
                                     Fundraiser at Santa Barbara Museum of art, Santa Barbara, California
                                      Rally in Chatsworth, California

December 21
                                      Rally in Duinsmuir, California
                                      Rally in Klamath Falls, Oregon
                                      Rally at Vince Genna Stadium, in Bend, Oregon
                                       Rally in Redmond, Oregon
December 22                   
                                       Rally at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
                                        Meet with Salt Lake City mayor Deedee Corradini (seeking endorsement)
                                        Rally in Bancroft, Idaho
                                        Rally in Idaho Falls, Idaho

December 23,
                                        Rally in Bozeman Montana
                                        Rally in Missoula, Montana
                                        Rally in Mesa, Arizona

December 24,                    Interview with Jerusalem Report editor David Horovitz on American Policy regarding Israel (from Rapid City, South Dakota)
                                         Midnight Mass in Rapid City, South Dakota

December 25
                                         Rally in Gainesville, Florida
                                         Rally in Mobile, Alabama
                                         Rally in Normal, Illinois
                                         Rally in Ames, Iowa                   

New Ad airing in, Iowa and New Hampshire
Jeanne Shaheen/Tom VilsackTom Daschle can take anyone on, it doesn't matter who runs against him
Yes that's true, but first we have to win the nomination first. And I need your help to do so. And so on January 24 /February 1 I look forward to receiving your vote.

Internal Polls

Iowa

Daschle 60%
Kerry 31%
Jackson 5%

New Hampshire

Daschle 43%
Kerry 43%
Jackson 9%

Delaware

Daschle 44%
Kerry 43%
Jackson 9%

Florida

Daschle 48%
Jackson 29%
Kerry 17%

California

Daschle 52%
Kerry 22%
Jackson 20%

Montana

Daschle 56%
Kerry 31%
Jackson 7%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

OOC; could I have polls of California, Florida and Alabama?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

Daschle Campaign Schedule

January 26, 1999
                                                      Rally in Indianola, Iowa
                                                      Rally in Beaver, Iowa
                                                      Rally in Norwalk, Iowa
                                                      Town Hall in Boxhall, Iowa
                                                      Rally in Boone, Iowa
                                                      Fundraiser at Des Moines Metropolitan Opera, Indianola, Iowa

January 27
                                                      Appearance on Crossfire (with Mary Matalin and Bill Press)

Mary,Bill I must disagree with both you, Osama Bin Laden, is our problem and we must act swiftly yet judiciously to root out the threat that Al Qaeda poses, remember, they have killed Americans before and they won't hesitate to do so again.
                                                  Rally in Bevington, Iowa

January 28                                 
                                                 Rally in Winterset, Iowa
                                                 Rally in Urbandale, Iowa
                                                 Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
                                                 Town Hall in, La Porte City, Iowa
                                                  Rally in West Union, Iowa

January, 29                                 
                                                   Rally in Waverly, Iowa
                                                   Rally in Stout, Iowa
                                                   Rally in Cedar Falls, Iowa
                                                   Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa
January, 30
                                                    Rally in Carson, Iowa
                                                    Rally in Missouri Valley, Iowa
                                                    Town Hall in Dunlap, Iowa
                                                     Rally in Sioux City, Iowa
                                                    Rally in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
January 31, 1999
                                                    Rally in Winnebego, Nebraska
                                                    Town Hall in Jackson, Nebraska
                                                     Appearance on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve from Times Square, New York, New York

January 1, 2000                Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
                                        Perform Coin Toss at the Rose Bowl, in Pasadena, California
                                        Fundraiser at the Rio All Suite Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada
                                         Rally in Pahrump, Nevada

New Ad (airing in South Carolina. North Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and Louisiana)

Jim Clyburn I admire Reverend Jackson and all he's done for the African-American community, but you can't go from being an activist straight to the White House. That's why I'm voting for Tom Daschle. He's got experience both, running for office and dealing with colleagues in Congress that Reverend Jackson does not.

I'm Tom Daschle and I approve this message because Like Jim Clyburn, I believe, experience matters. 

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »

Daschle campaign Schedule

January 2

Fundraiser in Omaha, Nebraska
Rally in West De Moines, Iowa
Rally in Rockford, Illinois
Rally in Genoa, Illinois
Town Hall in Scales Mound, Illinois

January 3
Rally in Skokie, Illinois
We will protect minority rights, just as our forebearers did before us. We will pass a new civil rights act to protect the rights of Hispanic-Americans and other racial and ethnic minorities who still face discrimination today. We will pass laws that seek to criminalize the usage of the swastika, the pointed hoods and burning crosses of  the Klan, and other symbols that could used to spread terror amongst those who should be welcome in our society. 

Town Hall in Cowden, Illinois
Rally in Shelbyville, Illinois
Interview on WKBK (Keene, New Hampshire)
We're behind now, but when we win Iowa, we should get a bump here, that being said there is no doubt Senator Kerry is the favorite.

January 4,
Rally in Claremont, New Hampshire
Rally in Battlebro, Vermont
Town Hall in Unity, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Newport, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Walpole, New Hampshire

January 5
Rally in Keene, New Hampshire
Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire
Rally in Bristol, New Hampshire
Rally in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire

January 6
Town Hall in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire
Rally in Lancaster, New Hampshire
Rally in New Britain, Connecticut
Rally in New Haven, Connecticut
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire

January 7
Rally in Quincy, Massachusetts
Mega-Rally at Foxboro Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts
Mega-Rally at Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York
Mega-Rally at Fenway Park, Boston Massachusetts

January 8

Rally in Rochester, New York
                     Rally in Somerville, Massachusetts
                     Rally in Lumberton, North Carolina
                     Rally in Charleston, South Carolina (with Jim Clyburn)
                      Rally in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (With Jim Clyburn)

Campaign Ad
Tom Daschle doesn't agree with his colleagues in Congress on every issue, but he will fight to reach a compromise, unlike bomb-throwers such as Newt Gingrich, Dan Quayle, and Jesse Jackson. These individuals will oppose any attempt at compromise should they be elected.Tom Daschle I approve this message, because unlike my rivals, I will negotiate, and I will be willing to give a little, to get a little.

Internal polling

Iowa

Daschle  47%
Kerry 32%
Jackson 18%

New Hampshire

Kerry 45%
Daschle 40%
Jackson 11%

South Carolina

Jackson 36%
Daschle 31%
Kerry 25%

Illinois

Daschle 40%
Jackson 32%
Kerry  20%

Massachusetts

Kerry 46%
Daschle 30%
Jackson 15%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »

OOC; Could I get polls for South Carolina, Massachusetts, and Illinois?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »

January 9

Rally in Sioux City,Iowa
Health Care is a basic human right, not a privilege, which is why we will fight for affordable, health care not just for those who already have health care, but for those who do not. We will seek to require insurance companies to provide at least their basic plans to everyone. In addition we will pick of the costs of states expanding Medicaid for those, who cannot afford even a basic health plan. I assure that while the Daschle health care plan will be no utopia, It will be light-years better than what we have now.

Town Hall in Red Oak, Iowa
Town Hall in Stanton, Iowa
Rally in Clarinda, Iowa
It's almost a crime that many insurance carriers don't cover the cost of being hospitalized for mental illness, or nervous breakdowns, under the Daschle health care plan, insurers and medicaid or medicare, would be required to carry at least some of the cost for all hospital stays regardless of how someone got there.

January 10

Town Hall in Sharpsburg, Iowa
Town Hall in Prescott, Iowa
Rally in Centerville, Iowa
Here in Iowa, the Coal industry has been in decline for decades and this part of Iowa never really recovered. What will happen to Kentucky or West Virginia when their Coal supplies run out? Our energy policies aim not only to prevent the destruction of our environment, but to give people in Kentucky and West Virginia to wean themselves of coal.

Town Hall in Pulaski, Iowa

Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa

January 11

Rally in Keokuk, Iowa

Good Morning, Iowa! Keep an eye on where your Caucus sites are, as I need every vote I can get here, so please help me out, so please come to your caucus on the 24th

Town Hall in Kahoka, Missouri
Town Hall in Memphis, Missouri
Town Hall in Cantril, Iowa
Town Hall in Keosaqua, Iowa

January 12

Town hall in Laurel, Iowa
Rally in Marshalltown, Iowa
Iowa may not be our Waterloo, but we do need a win here. So I implore you please, find your caucus site, and come out on January 24th
Town Hall in Parkersburg, Iowa
Town Hall in Allison, Iowa
Town Hall in Plainfield, Iowa

January 13

Town Hall in Leland, Iowa
Rally in Forest City, Iowa
The Loose Nuclear Weapons of Russia have to be a concern especially, if a terrorist or drug cartel gets a hold of them. They could use them to target anyone and anywhere in the world and provoke a response from us, or any other nuclear power. I call on Russia, and I hope my fellow candidates do so as well, to finish the job of securing these nuclear weapons.

Town Hall in Garner, Iowa
Rally in Mason City, Iowa(With Tom Vilsack)
Iowa, I need your help! Senator Kerry is closing fast, and I need every one of you to go to your caucus sites on the 24th.

Rally in Burlington Iowa
Our military cannot be either compromised, nor cannot it be diminished. The recent story about the Lt. General who was fired for drunken behavior disturbs me, because if was on duty, or handling the football he could have put our country and the world in grave peril.

January 14

Rally in Davenport, Iowa
It's almost caucus time and  many of you don't know how to take part in a caucus. For those who have never done so, Governors Vilsack and Branstad have filmed a video set on their respective parties caucus procedure. Please watch these videos and come to your caucus site.

Town Hall in Geneso, Illinois

Rally in Sheffield, Illinois

Here, at this leaking nuclear power plant, I make the case that nuclear power is not the solution, we cannot afford another Three-Mile Island. As such a Daschle administration will promote Wind and Solar power, as well as developing our domestic Oil as a stopgap measure.

Rally in Princeton, Illinois

So Illinois we're only two months away from Super Tuesday, and it's well past time for you to start paying attention to this race. Senator Kerry and Reverend Jackson are tough foes, and the Republican party is completely fractured. So Illinois, keep your eyes open and head up, and we'll meet again!

Rally in Alton, Illinois
In a city where Lincoln and Douglas debated, I feel honored to be in an ideological debate both within my party and within the rest of American society. This debating is what makes democracy alive and well, and it is truly a shame that many in the other party wish to take the "my way or the highway approach"

Meet with Christina Roemer in Chicago, Illinois (seeking endorsement)

January 15

Rally in St. Charles Missouri

With roughly two months to Super Tuesday, Missouri will be an important state in the Primaries. As a Bellwether state in the General Election, Missouri will be key to determining the winner. So, I ask Missourians to vote for Tom Daschle, a blend of Conservative and Liberal, a blend of Left and Right, and yet still a stark contrast from his Republican opponents, who are debating the term "compassionate conservative"

Rally in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

It's time to consider that trickle down economics just doesn't work the way it was intended. There may be a place for it, but not at this time in this place.

Rally in Paducah, Kentucky

We've got a long way to go before I actually have to consider competing here, but it never hurts to lay down roots ahead of other candidates, and I believe I can not only do well here but that you will benefit if I am elected President

Rally in Evansville, Indiana

It's time to recognize we don't live in a Cold War World anymore. While we don't know the intentions of Vladimir Putin, we do know he can't be any worse than the czars of old, or Josef Stalin.

Rally in Flint, Michigan
As a Democrat I believe in supporting my local Union, however as a rational person I recognize that some unions have corrupt leadership, and abuses of power. The best way to solve the situation is to reform the unions already there, not try to "break them"

Ad
Airing in Iowa

It's almost Caucus Time, and every last person will be needed, not only for our victory but to show that Iowa will be credible in the new millennium of Presidential politics. Please vote for Tom Daschle, but if Daschle doesn't get over the threshold at your polling place, either remaining option would be a fine nominee and an excellent president.

I'm Tom Daschle and I approve this message

Internals

Iowa

Daschle 47%
Kerry 41%
Jackson 11%

New Hampshire

Kerry 50%
Daschle 36%
Jackson 11%

Illinois

Jackson 38%
Daschle 37.7%
Kerry 21.8%

Kentucky

Daschle 46%
Kerry 28%
Jackson 10%

Missouri

Daschle 36.7%
Jackson 36.4%
Kerry     25.3 %

Michigan
Daschle 42%
Kerry 39%
Jackson 17%

Iowa (GOP)
Quayle 30%
Kemp 25%
McCain 23%
Powell 19%

New Hampshire (GOP)
McCain 28%
Powell 27.5%
Quayle 25%
Kemp 18%

Michigan (GOP)
McCain 31%
Powell 27%
Kemp 17%
Quayle 16%

Delaware (GOP)
Powell 30%
McCain 24%
Kemp 18%
Quayle 18%

Arizona (GOP)
Kemp 27%
McCain 26%
Quayle 25%
Powell 16%

Virginia (GOP)
Powell 28%
Kemp 25%
Quayle 25%
McCain 17%

South Carolina (GOP)
Powell 34%
Quayle 21%
Kemp 20%
McCain 15%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 06:52:20 PM »

OOC; could we have polls for both parties in South Carolina, Illinois, Michigan, Delaware, Virginia, and Arizona (I want to see how my numbers hold up...)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 10:48:31 PM »

January 16

Fundraiser at Churchill Downs, Louisville, Kentucky
Rally in Rogers, Arkansas
In the town where Wal-Mart began, we recognize their enterprising spirit, but say no to their destructive business practices, of hiring below minimum wage jobs, abusing the definition of "seasonal work" and, treating employees lower than the dung heap. Some in the Republican field want to keep that way, I however not only disagree but say we can do the complete opposite.
Rally in Colcord, Oklahoma
Less than a month to go with until the primary, Sooner Nation! If you haven't been paying attention to the race, now is the time to start doing so!
Rally in Lafayette, Louisiana
You know when that big storm, a Hurricane like Camille, for example comes up through the Bayou? Republicans want to cut funding to FEMA, so you can't recover. They want to cut funding to the National Weather Service, so we can't predict when the next storm will be. Do you actually want that?

January 17
Meet and Greet in Poplarville, Mississippi
Town Hall in York, Alabama
Rally in Savannah, Georgia
Reverend Jackson's exit has given me pause to reflect on what I have accomplished in this race as well, I, no we are going to go all out, to if not win at least show why we decided to run in the first place- To extend the Clinton legacy of practical solutions to our problems, not knee-jerk reactions.
Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
I know Senator Kerry is leading here. I know Senator Kerry is almost certainly going to win here. But that doesn't mean we can't give him the scare of a lifetime.
Rally in Rockland, Maine
Some say the Maine coast is the most beautiful scenery we have. As President I will work to protect,preserve and defend this scenic vista and others like it from developers, drillers and other blights on our environment.

January 18

Meet and Greet in Austerlitz, New York
Town Hall in Mahopac, New York
Rally in Cortlandt, New York
Education is a must for all our youngsters, which is why here at SUNY Cortlandt, I state that a Daschle administration will strive for budgeted increases in Pell Grants, and increases in Math, Science and History scores amongst our youth that have continued to decline.

Fundraiser at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park

January 19
Rally in Austin Texas
Good Morning Longhorn nation! I understand some of you want to know where I stand on Same Sex Marriage. Well, the answer to that is that everyone has the right to decide who they want to spend the rest of their life with. The issue is that people on both sides of the pews want to force their views on everyone else, and that also isn't right if you ask me.
Town Hall in Cumming, Iowa
Rally in West Des Moines, Iowa
Less than a week to go Iowa and I see a chance to win which wouldn't have been possible with out all of you... After all I didn't enter the race until November.

January 20

Rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Whether You support the Cyclones or the Hawkeyes, I need you to vote in four days... and I'll be rooting for you in March
Rally in Marion, Iowa
Four days to go, folks and Senator Kerry is breathing down our necks here. But I know that you have it in you vote for the neighbor state Senator, not the Northeastern elitist
Town Hall in Orange, Virginia
Rally in Fredricksburg, Virginia
As we look back on this historic civil war site, we must say to ourselves, never again must we allow political infighting to break out into open rebellion, never again must we allow, for so many to die under the harsh boot of total war, and never again must we reduce those to conditions such as those experienced when slaves could be bought and sold.

January 21

Rally in Jupiter, Florida
I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of us in the months to come, so let me get one thing straight. My gut tells me Senator Kerry will have wrapped up the nomination by the time you have your primary. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to go down fighting, And neither are us Democrats.
Rally in Overland Park, Kansas
Like a Jayhawk, Senator Kerry is flying. But you know what happens if someone flies too close the sun? Their wings melt, just like Icarus.
Meet and Greet in Liberal, Kansas
Town Hall in Clovis, New Mexico

January 22
Rally in Pueblo, Colorado
The Pueblos were houses made of stone and often, painted white, like Senator Kerry,and the entire GOP field I can see myself in a pueblo of my own
Town Hall in De Soto, Iowa
Town Hall in Marengo, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Tiffin, Iowa
Interview with the Des Moines Register
The definition of winning has change since we switched to a proportional primary. All I expect to do come away with more delegates than Senator Kerry. That doesn't necessarily mean I've won at all, especially with New Hampshire looming.

Internals

Iowa
Daschle 48%
Kerry 41%

New Hampshire
Kerry 62%
Daschle 35%

Oklahoma
Daschle 46%
Kerry 44%

Kentucky
Daschle 43%
Kerry 38%

New Mexico
Daschle 40%
Kerry 39%

Kansas
Daschle 45%
Kerry 43%

Mississippi
Daschle 43%
Kerry 40%

Arkansas
Daschle 41%
Kerry 38%

Maine
Kerry 47%
Daschle 39%

Georgia
Daschle 46%
Kerry 35%

Colorado
Daschle 41%
Kerry 41%

Florida
Kerry 43%
Daschle 41%

Louisiana
Daschle 35%
Kerry 33%

New York
Daschle 44%
Kerry 42%

Texas

Daschle 39%
Kerry 37%

Ohio
Daschle 46%
Kerry 42%

Missouri
Daschle 47%
Kerry 39%

California
Daschle 44%
Kerry 44%

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »

Daschle Campaign; Countdown to Iowa

January 23rd

Rally in Indianola, Iowa

Contrary to popular belief, Senator Kerry and I have both been running strong campaigns, so turnout will be the difference. I need all of you to turnout and vote for me tomorrow night. If you haven't attended a caucus before Governor Vilsack (Or Governor Branstad if you happen to be a Republican)'s tapes on what a caucus is are you're friends.

Meet and Greet in Ackworth, Iowa

Rally at Valley High School,West Des Moines, Iowa
Education is a fundamental right, but it is also a privilege, which is why Felons convicted of violent crimes, such as murder and rape will not be given the opportunity to complete a GED  or college degree if they haven't already started that path. Similarly, if such a convict has not reached voting age he or she will not be given the ability to vote. However if he or she has reached voting age, whether or not they have already voted, their right to vote will be protected.

Rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa

If we win the here in Iowa, we have the strength to at least continue on into New Hampshire and Super Tuesday, if we lose here, our race may end, given Senator Kerry's huge lead in New Hampshire. If you wish to avoid a rapid coronation, vote for me in Tomorrow's caucus.

Meet and Greet in Rockwell City, Iowa

Caucus Day, January 24

Meet and Greet/Voter Turnout in Sac City, Iowa

Meet and Greet/Voter Turnout in Evansdale, Iowa

Meet and Greet/Voter Turnout in Hiawatha, Iowa

Final Rally, Tyson Events Center, Sioux City, Iowa
Iowa, It's time to vote, and I wish you all luck in determining who you wish to vote for! No matter who you vote for tonight, please vote for the Democratic candidate in November.

Await Results, Tyson Events Center, Sioux City, Iowa

Polling

Final Poll of Iowa

Daschle 49%
Kerry 44%

Iowa (GOP)
Quayle 23%
Kemp 23%
McCain 22%
Powell 22%

Alaska (GOP)
Kemp 29%
Quayle 24%
Powell 20%
McCain 11%

New Hampshire

Kerry 52%
Daschle 41%

Alaska

Kerry 39%
Daschle 35%

Ohio
Daschle 42%
Kerry 41%

Virginia
Kerry 37%
Daschle 35%

Illinois

Kerry 36%
Daschle 36%

California

Daschle 46%
Kerry 43%

Hawaii

Daschle 43%
Kerry 42%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 08:41:55 AM »

Daschle post-Iowa speech

It's a dead heat, following Iowa and with Senator Kerry's expected win in New Hampshire, can I continue? I will continue to New Hampshire, where the margin of my defeat will determine, just what to do next...

No Matter, what happens next this was a win for all Democrats, whether you supported Senator Kerry or myself, because it shows we truly have a vibrant party.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »

January 25

Meet and Greet, Merrimack New Hampshire

Rally, Gulfport Mississippi

Repulicans seem to think Climate Change doesn't exist, that the Kyoto protcool is worthless. Well I'll tell you this Climate Change is occurring, and Kyoto isn't the best solution, but it's the best we've got.

Fundraiser, Burbank, California

January 26

Meet and Greet in Sea-Tac, Washington

Mega-Rally,Safeco Field in Seattle, Washington

Good Afternoon! Today, I come to you, seeking not just votes in the "beauty contest" on leap day, but your votes on caucus day on Super Tuesday. Why? Senator Kerry is a strong candidate no doubt, but he isn't a fit for this part of the country. And I? I can't really say I'm a perfect fit either... but I'm better than Kerry in this light blue state. Remember, he's from dark blue Massachusetts, I have similar policies and am from Orange South Dakota. He fits his state well, not necessarily, yours, or New Hampshire's or mine.

Meet and Greet in Sanford, Florida

January, 27

Meet and Greet in Hagarstown, Maryland

Meet and Greet in Walton, West Virginia

Meet and Greet in Spencer, West Virginia

Town Hall in Richmond, Kentucky

No, sir I'm not against coal. I just happen to be worried about what might happen to your state when our coal supplies run out.

Meet and Greet in Blowing Rock, North Carolina

January, 28

Rally in Hickory, North Carolina

The Primary may be in May, and the race will probably be decided by then, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be paying attention... You should be, because this is how you determine who to vote for in a general election.

Meet and Greet in Laurinberg, North Carolina

Town Hall in Lindsborg, Kansas

Town Hall in Colby, Kansas

January 30

Meet and Greet in Great Bend, Kansas

Meet and Greet in WaKeeny, Kansas

Town Hall in Lees Creek, Ohio

Rally in Wilmington, Ohio

Hello Reds fans! Congratulations on getting Ken Griffey Jr... I came from Washington earlier this week, and they told me to tell you he's a keeper! However Sports has a dark side. From Cocaine abuse in the 1980's to Steroid suspicions today, some of believe that the games we love are dirty... and yet others believe they can do no wrong... which is why with the help of noted Cardinals fan Senator Ashcroft we believe we have a solution, To require all professional  athletes in U.S sports to undergo World Anti Doping Agency standard testing.

Meet and Greet in Depere, Wisconsin

January 31

Rally in Rochester, Minnesota
Good Morning! Senator Kerry Leads here, but I intend to make this a horse race. And you can help. Keep an eye on this race, with Super Tuesday one and half months away... and be ready to vote.

Rally in Plattsburgh, New York

We must consider the likelihood of a massive loss in New Hampshire. The odds of our campaign being able to function in such a scenario is unknown..

Fundraiser, Brookville, New York

January 1

Fundraiser in Long Beach, New York

Meet and Greet in Merrimack, New Hampshire

Meet with Constituents in Rapid City, South Dakota

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 01:48:08 PM »

Daschle on New Hampshire results

It's been a long road here, and you've given me the strength to continue to Super Tuesday. Hopefully I will see all of you in November... To Senator, Kerry- You've fought a great race so far and may the best candidate be the Nominee. To the the people of Washington and Delaware- even though your states may not have delegates (before Super Tuesday) you are just as important as the states before you and after you.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »

OOC; Are we ready to begin the next round?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 12:34:08 PM »

Daschle Debate Answers-

1. This is one area I don't think we can negotiate with the GOP on. I voted against the financial freedom act of 1999 because it's tax cuts were irresponsible and loaded. I feel that in order to get a even better economy we need to raise taxes on the top 2% while cutting those taxes on the bottom 10% of the population.

2. To be honest, there really isn't much that separates Senator Kerry and I. We're both Senators, we both have considerable Seniority and we both are relatively liberal... the only difference is what state we come from.

3. I say, that just because I'm part of the problem, doesn't mean I can't be part of the solution... I would look to Mikhail Gorbachev as the prime example of that dynamic... he was a part of a Communist leadership that was failing Russia, and when he came to power, he not only helped end the Cold War, he essentially brought down the Soviet Union... Just like I'm a part of current leadership, but I'm only a part, not the whole kit and caboodle.

Daschle Schedule
February 2
Fundraiser at The Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington, Delaware

Rally in Clearwater, Florida

Nice weather, right. Well as climate change advances your weather is only going to get worse... and you know who wants to retard our efforts against climate change? The GOP field does!

Rally in Tarpon Springs, Florida

They say Republicans don't care about the elderly, that they won't protect your Social Security... Guess what their right! Even if they were going to invest your money they probably wouldn't hire a qualified accountant.

Rally in Valdosta, Georgia
I admit I'm probably trailing Senator Kerry here, but with his recent stumble in New Hampshire, and my win in Iowa... this race will get interesting quickly.

February 3

Meet with Allan Boyd (Seeking endorsement) in Monticello, Florida

Fundraiser at Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia

Meet and Greet in Toccoa Georgia

Rally in Houma, Lousiana

The Republicans think they can slash aid to FEMA, well they better think again! If another storm like a Camille or an Andrew comes through here, there could be huge problems.

February 4

Rally in Spokane, Washington (with Patty Murray)

Senator Kerry's right he does bring change, but is it change we need? We need a strong stable hand to guide us, and that would be me.

Rally in Boise, Idaho

I'm a little confused, they told me there weren't any Democrats here... and yet 25,000 of you have turned up in the middle of a Winter Storm to see a presidential candidate. Way to go Idaho

Rally in Honolulu, Hawaii
Aloha! It's a competitive race back on the mainland, and with Super Tuesday, a month away it's almost time to make a decision!

February 5

Rally in Anchorage, Alaska

Still awhile to go before the caucuses, but it never hurts anyone to visit... and besides I hear the GOP had a ball here.

Meet with Tony Knowles in Gustavus Alaska (seeking endorsement)

Town Hall in Salina, Kansas

February 6

Recieve results from Delaware

Rally in Manhattan, Kansas

Here in the Little Apple we  have time until until the caucus, but it never hurts to make a decision early.

Mega-Rally at Lambeau Field, Green Bay Wisconsin
It isn't about winning and losing anymore, it's about survival, and we are doing a heck'uva job.

Mega-Rally at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
It's been a hard campaign, but I'm not going anywhere yet! Missouri it's 4th and goal for us and we are going for it!

February 7

Meet with Constituents in Pierre, South Dakota

Fundraiser at Sylvan Theater, Washington D.C... Public invited

February 8

Attend to Senate Duties, Washington D.C

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »

Internal numbers for the Daschle Campaign

Delaware

Kerry 47%
Daschle 44%

Washington

Daschle 46%
Kerry     45%

California
Kerry 49%
Daschle 48%

Georgia

Daschle 42%
Kerry     41%

Maryland

Kerry 49%
Daschle 43%

Missouri

Daschle 47%
Kerry     45%

South Carolina

Daschle 44%
Kerry 44%

Michigan

Daschle 49%
Kerry 40%

Ohio

Daschle 46%
Kerry 41%

Illinois

Daschle 45%
Kerry 43%

OOC;

I'd like polling numbers for California, Georgia, Maryland, Missouri, South Carolina, Michigan, Illinois and Ohio... plus a hypothetical Daschle/Kerry (or Kerry/Daschle) ticket nationally.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »

We at the Daschle Campaign are sorry to see Senator McCain exit the race, as we were looking forward to debating him in November... 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies