Colorado Constituents Recalling (2) State Senators for Gun Control Vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:24:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado Constituents Recalling (2) State Senators for Gun Control Vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado Constituents Recalling (2) State Senators for Gun Control Vote  (Read 14206 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »

Republicans in Morse's district are up in early voting. Only 26% of the district's voters are registered Republicans, but they account for 41% of early ballots.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:21 PM »

Excellent news!

These liberals will get a good thrashing because they didn't follow the will of the people! Huzzah!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:24:32 PM »

The whole idea of a GOP surge will hit cold water in a couple months when the Dems pick up VA- Gov

Election night in VA will be good because if Cuccinelli is losing, krazen probably won't be around posting.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 12:14:32 AM »

I don't mean literally that no minority or voter under 30 voted. But obviously it was a super low turnout election. Again, the GOP can cherish their minor league numbers. Beat us in 2016 and then we can talk.

Of course it wasn't. Turnout in Giron's district was not far below 2010 when the district was larger.

Carry on!

Why do you have to be so condescending? Its really immature.

Turnout in 2012 was 66K; turnout tonight was 34K. How does that not constitute a huge drop in turnout?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 12:42:27 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2013, 01:18:31 AM by MilesC56 »

Aren't you the guy who calls me names all the time?

Try reading the numbers in my post again. I bolded the important criteria, which was when Giron won election. Pueblo County grew heavily in population in the 2000s and the 2010 district was held under the old lines.

For the record, in Giron's district:

GOP turnout: 10,329
Dem turnout: 14,633
Others turnout: 6,867

That is 4000 more Democrats than Republicans.

I, along with several others, wouldn't have to call you out if you weren't like that in the first place. You practically solicit negative reposes.

Ok, but to to say that turnout wasn't low would still be erroneous.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »

Liberals, who tried to block the recall, are now crying voter supression!

Lol.

A more substantive link.

Hickenlooper said that people may have been sent to the polls to disrupt the process.

That's what the Republicans in NC are trying to encourage.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »

Liberals, who tried to block the recall, are now crying voter supression!

Lol.

A more substantive link.

Hickenlooper said that people may have been sent to the polls to disrupt the process.

That's what the Republicans in NC are trying to encourage.

That's interesting given that white liberal John Morse tried to disrupt the process in the first place after writing a flawed election law that conflicted with the state constitution.

Yeah it's a bit ironic, but we've seen stranger things.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »

PPP is trying to claim an after the fact poll.

How cute! Remember when they released that junk poll showing Colbert Busch up by 9 in a district Romney won by nearly 20?

Jensen also testified that 'the people are stupid' on behalf of John Morse.

Grueskin also paid for Public Policy Polling, a Democratic research firm based in North Carolina that polls mostly on the state level, to survey 380 constituents in Morse's district to find out whether they knew what signing a recall petition would actually lead to.

"We found that 54 percent of voters in Senate District 11 didn't know what happens in a recall election after the petitions are certified," said Tom Jensen, who runs PPP and flew to Denver to testify Thursday.

Jensen said there was no way to know how many of the respondents had signed recall petitions but argued that, statistically speaking, it's almost a certain that many did.

'A few things that you're omitting:

If you were privy to this update on PPP's site last week, it wouldn't come as much of a surprise that they polled CO.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wasn't the greatest form to release the poll today, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Then again, I'm less knee-jerk than you.

Tom is making a conjecture based on his data; I'm not faulting him there.

SC-01? I guess you're just playing dumb on that one. You know as well as I do that PPP's final poll had Sanford up. The poll with him losing by 9 was taken 3 weeks before election day.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »

'And here's Tom:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »

Way to toe the company line!

I can't say that I am privy to insider information like you seem to be, so I would have no way of knowing that the opaque reference to 'elections next Tuesday' would refer to, say, Colorado, rather than, say, New York City.

I am curious as to what else Jensen is silencing under his 'smell test'. His nonsense poll with Colbert Busch apparently didn't make the 'smell test'.

Tom is a friend of mine, but I surely don't have access to any of PPP's classified workings. I can access just as much info as you can.

Again pointing to a poll taken three weeks before the election isn't really helping your case. PPP and RRH each showed a Tossup going into the election.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 11:22:29 PM »

Overall, this has been a good night for Colorado Democrats since it will teach them not to swing too far to the left.

Yes, indeed. Same goes for North Carolina republicans who are already looking bad.
NC Republicans though, have a guaranteed majority in the GA, an advantage that the Colorado Dems lack. (Although the chances of the Colorado state legislature going R in 2014 is fairly slim due to other reasons).
Democrats held the NC Legislature as recently as 2010.  Was the 2011 redistricting that fullproof?

The Republicans did a pretty damn good job with redistricting.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »

Does anyone know which Senate seats are up next November?

Here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies