Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:36:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 208329 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2013, 12:35:28 PM »

Do you play fantasy football, Bushie? Have you considered joining the Atlas league? We need all the players we can get, and you surely follow the sport more so than others.

I do play.  I've already got two leagues, but since you invited me, I will join this evening.  It may be 16:30 my time before I can join, but I will join tonight.

LAP 5 is almost finished.  I'm finishing up the third drawing and should be ready to take the test before the end of the day.

We are drafting at 4pm today (3pm your time) apparently.... the draft keeps changing each and every day. I'm not the commissioner - dead0man is, but we need more than 6 people to have any resemblance of a legit league.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »

There's an Atlas fantasy league? Sign me up plz
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »

There's an Atlas fantasy league? Sign me up plz

I wish I was able to add you. Dead0man is the commish and we need to add like 3 others before our 4pm draft.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »

So, while I watch TV, I've got to call Grandma every now and then as well as feed JJ, keep her water fresh, and clean up her stools.

1) How much TV do you plan to watch this weekend?
2) Have you considered cutting back on the TV watching at all?

1) 5 hours on Thursday + 12 hours on Friday + 16 hours on Saturday + 15 hours on Sunday + 4 hours Monday for a grand total of 52 hours.  All football related, both college and pro.
2) The obvious answer, as you can see, is no.  I do not feel bad about it, either.

You're going to spend 67% of a day watching TV!?!?!?  54% of your time in the span of 4 days?!?!?!  Goodness... I wish I had that much free time.  Why don't you, I don't know... GO GET A JOB!  Clearly a part-time job wouldn't interfere with your schooling if you have that much frakking free time.  I mean... you could even walk in place while watching all that TV, and at least you'd be getting some exercise.

How does somebody watch 15 hours worth of TV in a single day? Scary. Please cease using your bogus "I was in a pinch/I was in a rush" excuses from now on. Thanks.

I use that because there are nights that I have things to do that cut down the TV time to an hour or 90 minutes which was the case the past two nights.  Believe it or not, I am a busy man.  My Saturdays are generally clear, but the rest of the week, I am quite busy at times.  Other times, I am free and clear.

Sorry, but that's a load of bull.  If you have 60-90 minutes to watch TV, you have enough time to make dinner.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »

It's too bad light and sound waves from a television cannot travel beyond the couch and into the kitchen, allowing people to prepare meals while watching TV.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 05:51:47 PM »

> can't get a part-time job because he has to focus on school
> can't make his own lunch or dinner because he's too busy
> can't interact with his puppy (unless it involves taking her to a trainer to have her spirit broken, scooping out her uterus or buying collars to electrocute her with) because he's too busy
> watches 16 hours of television per day
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »

BUSHIE, GET A TREADMILL. And make lunch/dinner during the commercials.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »

I was going to say that, but a treadmill in a trailer probably would be a bit cramped.  Hence my suggestion to simply walk in place.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 06:35:23 PM »

idea: get Bushie one of those exercise bikes with the generators and hook it up so you have to pedal to watch the tv
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »

I was going to say that, but a treadmill in a trailer probably would be a bit cramped.  Hence my suggestion to simply walk in place.

I will probably walk in place this weekend.  I need to, because I went way overboard with my calories today.  Today was not a good day in the calorie department.  I will undoubtedly gain a bit in the morning unless I can have some REALLY productive dumps which I don't foresee happening.  I've got to get back on track tomorrow...  I probably had two days worth of calories just today. Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »

Oh no! That grilled hamburger must have turned into grilled hamburger(s) + twinkies!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2013, 07:04:50 PM »

Oh no! That grilled hamburger must have turned into grilled hamburger(s) + twinkies!

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

I did have plural grilled hamburgers - 3 in total plus grilled corn on the cob.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

3 burgers + corn for dinner, and what at burger king?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »

You have to drive to Burger King don't you?

It would be more like you went out of your way to give in to temptation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »

No twinkies, but my lunch is what did me in.  I succumbed to the Burger King temptation. Sad

Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, and *GULP* Large Regular Dr Pepper (with a full refill)...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2013, 07:14:33 PM »

Double Whopper with Cheese, Large Fries, and *GULP* Large Regular Dr Pepper (with a full refill)...

Oh, Bushie. Your lack of self control strikes again!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »

You have to drive to Burger King don't you?

It would be more like you went out of your way to give in to temptation.

Burger King is about 2 1/2 miles from the school.  It is also right across the street from the Subway I frequent.  I went to Subway yesterday, so I didn't want to repeat it.  There is no cafeteria in the school, just a break room with vending machines.  So, it is either take your lunch or go out for lunch.  I didn't feel like taking my lunch today and I paid the price...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

Oh, Bushie. Your lack of self control strikes again!

My exact thought at dinner was "I've already blown this day out of the water, might as well live it up today and get back to it tomorrow."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2013, 07:20:31 PM by Sibboleth »

1) 5 hours on Thursday + 12 hours on Friday + 16 hours on Saturday + 15 hours on Sunday + 4 hours Monday for a grand total of 52 hours.  All football related, both college and pro.

Are you ever struck by the... erm... irony... of this? I don't even mean that in an entirely abusive manner; don't you ever feel the need - after watching hours and hours of other people doing physical things outside - to do something yourself? Even if it's only a walk to the park or a particularly nice field or whatever.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »

Ten days of nausea? He's either bullsh!tting the lot of you again, or there's something seriously wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »

Are you ever struck by the... erm... irony... of this? I don't even mean that in an entirely abusive manner; don't you ever feel the need - after watching hours and hours of other people doing physical things outside - to do something yourself? Even if it's only a walk to the park or a particularly nice field or whatever.

Occasionally I feel that urge, but then I squash it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »

Occasionally I feel that urge, but then I squash it.

Why?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »

Ten days of nausea? He's either bullsh!tting the lot of you again, or there's something seriously wrong.

It seriously was ten days of nausea.  It felt longer than that, tbh.  Doc said it was an intestinal infection and gave me two medicines to heal the infection as well as the nausea.  Even today, a full half month after the initial onset of the nausea, my body is still trying to recover and get everything out from the ten days.  I've been to the bathroom quite often the past four days.  It seems every 2-6 hours, I'm going back for more.  I am no longer nauseous, but my body was so out of whack for ten days that it is taking a while to get back to normal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2013, 07:29:37 PM »

I'm lazy.  Or, if I do act on it, it is taking a walk to the fridge.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »

I will probably walk in place this weekend.  I need to, because I went way overboard with my calories today.  Today was not a good day in the calorie department.  I will undoubtedly gain a bit in the morning unless I can have some REALLY productive dumps which I don't foresee happening.  I've got to get back on track tomorrow...  I probably had two days worth of calories just today. Sad

You SHOULD do that this weekend, but I fully expect you to come up with some lame, lazy excuse.  I doubt that you'll walk in place this weekend.  What was your calorie count today
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies