Conservatives will like Rudy in 08 if he beats Hillary in 06
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Conservatives will like Rudy in 08 if he beats Hillary in 06
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Conservatives will like Rudy in 08 if he beats Hillary in 06  (Read 4174 times)
RN
Nixon
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2005, 12:00:34 AM »

On Hannity's radio show today, he mentioned some conservatives have said they will accept Rudy in 2008 IF he runs for Senate and defeats Hillary in 2006.   
BUT- what if 08 comes around, and the Dem nominee is strong enough that we wish Hillary had the nomination anyway? 
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 12:02:20 AM »

On Hannity's radio show today, he mentioned some conservatives have said they will accept Rudy in 2008 IF he runs for Senate and defeats Hillary in 2006.   

Hannity's a complete hack, but I've heard that before. It's possible, and it's the only real chance he's got.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 12:02:51 AM »

Im not from New York and this may sound partisan, but I cannot see Rudy beating Hillary.  I actually like the idea of him running against her.  It will drain MILLIONS away from other Republican House and Senate races across the nation.  The recent poll's show her beating Giuliani and her approval ratings are shooting through the roof.

Plus, if she loses we wont have to worry about her in 2008.  Smiley
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 12:12:10 AM »

Even if Hillary is likely reelected to Senate, maybe it would be good for her to have a very tough time of it.  In Illinois, it was sad seeing Obama cruise to victory without an ounce of worry.

Not for me Smiley

In your opinion would Ryan have beat Obama had he not been forced to drop out?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 12:27:18 AM »

I would never, ever underestimate Rudy in New York. He would greatly outdo your average Republican in the City and his politics are a good match for the upstate.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 12:28:50 AM »

I would never, ever underestimate Rudy in New York. He would greatly outdo your average Republican in the City and his politics are a good match for the upstate.

If he runs, I'll bet you money that he loses.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2005, 12:35:23 AM by nickshepDEM »

Hillary already has 5.5 million in the bank waiting for the campaign season to fire up.  With that type of money, the Clinton name , and sky rocketing approval ratiings, I wouldnt bet against her if you gave me 100 to 1 odds.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 12:35:52 AM »

Even if Hillary is likely reelected to Senate, maybe it would be good for her to have a very tough time of it.  In Illinois, it was sad seeing Obama cruise to victory without an ounce of worry.

Not for me Smiley

In your opinion would Ryan have beat Obama had he not been forced to drop out?

Ryan wasn't an incumbent, was he?

Anyway, he would have lost, but his percentage of the vote would have been much closer to George W. Bush's total.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 12:53:12 AM »

Well of course I'll bet, but it depends on the odds and total $ amount. Based on the polls I should get Rudy 5:3 (OK, at least 3:2), and I'll go for $100 or so.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 12:55:35 AM »

Well of course I'll bet, but it depends on the odds and total $ amount. Based on the polls I should get Rudy 5:3 (OK, at least 3:2), and I'll go for $100 or so.

Hmm... I'd say his odds are 2:3.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 01:17:27 AM »

Rudy is not going to beat Hillary.  Her approval is in the high 60's.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 01:23:34 AM »

But you said Hillary would win! 2:3 would mean Rudy has the edge.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 01:32:40 AM »

But you said Hillary would win! 2:3 would mean Rudy has the edge.

Just a little flip flop, no big deal. Cheesy
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 02:15:11 AM »

Rudy can beat Hillary.  It'd be tough, but it's possible.

Otherwise, Hillary's invulnerable.  The only other candidate who might have anything better than a snowball's chance in hell is Pataki...and he'd still get crushed.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 06:14:07 AM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.  It seems that a certain number of voters will suspend their reasoning ability, or what little there is of it to begin with, and re-elect her repeatedly no matter what, just as they have done with Kennedy in Massachusetts.

Can a base in this type of state, atypical of and unpopular with the rest of the country, serve as a base for a presidential run?  We saw what happened with Kennedy, and I wish I could post all the articles from 1979 declaring the inevitability of his presidency.  Apparently, all he had to do was announce that he was available and show up, or at least that's what he and a lot of other people thought.

I'd love to see Hillary meet the sting of bitter defeat in her presidential run.  We shall see.  I find it interesting that many of the most partisan Democrats on this site don't like her.  I know it's not scientific, but it's indicative of something.  True, this is a heavily male site, and most men don't have a lot of love for a shrill feminazi who probably applauds what Lorena Bobbitt did.  But what will the apparent lack of enthusiasm for her among some Democrats mean in the primaries and general election?  Right now, the polls for 2008 are more a measure of name recognition than anything else, and the Hildebeast sure has that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 07:04:27 AM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.  It seems that a certain number of voters will suspend their reasoning ability, or what little there is of it to begin with, and re-elect her repeatedly no matter what, just as they have done with Kennedy in Massachusetts.

Can a base in this type of state, atypical of and unpopular with the rest of the country, serve as a base for a presidential run?  We saw what happened with Kennedy, and I wish I could post all the articles from 1979 declaring the inevitability of his presidency.  Apparently, all he had to do was announce that he was available and show up, or at least that's what he and a lot of other people thought.

I'd love to see Hillary meet the sting of bitter defeat in her presidential run.  We shall see.  I find it interesting that many of the most partisan Democrats on this site don't like her.  I know it's not scientific, but it's indicative of something.  True, this is a heavily male site, and most men don't have a lot of love for a shrill feminazi who probably applauds what Lorena Bobbitt did.  But what will the apparent lack of enthusiasm for her among some Democrats mean in the primaries and general election?  Right now, the polls for 2008 are more a measure of name recognition than anything else, and the Hildebeast sure has that.

It's always funny to see Republicans talk about how Democrats have no reasoning.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 12:32:25 PM »

I certainly doubt Giulianai has much chance of beating Hillary in NY, but even in the unlikely event there is no way he could ever make it through a Republican presidential primary - he's too tolerant.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 03:33:19 PM »

If Giuliani did beat Hillary in '06, or even ran for governor I would be very angry if he abandoned the state for the 2008 race after basically a year.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 10:56:26 PM »

Hillary is a high profile liberal Democrat in a liberal Democrat state.  This combination makes it extremely unlikely for anybody in the GOP, even Rudy, to knock her off in '06.

Hillary will win the senate seat in '06.  She will not win the presidency in '08.

It is more likely Rudy will run for Governor than for Senator.  It is likely Rudy would win  a bid for Governor.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 08:26:58 AM »

It's always funny to see Republicans talk about how Democrats have no reasoning.

That's interesting coming from somebody who fervently believes that Pres. Bush stole Ohio, with a victory margin of over 100,000 votes, but John Kerry won Wisconsin fair and square (despite widespread reports of fraud) by 11,000 votes.  Those with obviously cockeyed reasoning ability ought not criticize others in that realm.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 09:23:39 AM »

Giuliani would have an uphill struggle winning the GOP nomination, whether he beats Hillary or not! True, polls have Giuliani riding high among Republicans at the moment - but if any one thinks that the 'Talibangelicals' are going to allow him the nod, then think again. He's simply not conservative enough on social issues

Dave
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 12:39:06 AM »

Giuliani would have an uphill struggle winning the GOP nomination, whether he beats Hillary or not! True, polls have Giuliani riding high among Republicans at the moment - but if any one thinks that the 'Talibangelicals' are going to allow him the nod, then think again. He's simply not conservative enough on social issues

Dave

Its more than he's not that conservative enough to win the GOP nod on social issues.  rudy is downright liberal on social issues.  He is probably more socially liberal than 3/4 of the DEMS in congress.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 03:01:44 AM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.

She is the more conservative New York Senator.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 02:33:04 PM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.

She is the more conservative New York Senator.

I meant she's the Ted Kennedy in the sense of creating an almost religious devotion to her among enough of the population to guarantee re-election for life.  Ted Kennedy was re-elected even after killing a girl.

True, she is trying to position herself as more conservative now, but that is about as genuine as anything else that woman does.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2005, 05:20:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Whats wrong with building a base?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think her liberalism was a bit overhyped as to say, shes voted consistently to the right of Schumer.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies