Conservatives will like Rudy in 08 if he beats Hillary in 06 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:07:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Conservatives will like Rudy in 08 if he beats Hillary in 06 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives will like Rudy in 08 if he beats Hillary in 06  (Read 4218 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: March 02, 2005, 06:14:07 AM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.  It seems that a certain number of voters will suspend their reasoning ability, or what little there is of it to begin with, and re-elect her repeatedly no matter what, just as they have done with Kennedy in Massachusetts.

Can a base in this type of state, atypical of and unpopular with the rest of the country, serve as a base for a presidential run?  We saw what happened with Kennedy, and I wish I could post all the articles from 1979 declaring the inevitability of his presidency.  Apparently, all he had to do was announce that he was available and show up, or at least that's what he and a lot of other people thought.

I'd love to see Hillary meet the sting of bitter defeat in her presidential run.  We shall see.  I find it interesting that many of the most partisan Democrats on this site don't like her.  I know it's not scientific, but it's indicative of something.  True, this is a heavily male site, and most men don't have a lot of love for a shrill feminazi who probably applauds what Lorena Bobbitt did.  But what will the apparent lack of enthusiasm for her among some Democrats mean in the primaries and general election?  Right now, the polls for 2008 are more a measure of name recognition than anything else, and the Hildebeast sure has that.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 08:26:58 AM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.  It seems that a certain number of voters will suspend their reasoning ability, or what little there is of it to begin with, and re-elect her repeatedly no matter what, just as they have done with Kennedy in Massachusetts.

Can a base in this type of state, atypical of and unpopular with the rest of the country, serve as a base for a presidential run?  We saw what happened with Kennedy, and I wish I could post all the articles from 1979 declaring the inevitability of his presidency.  Apparently, all he had to do was announce that he was available and show up, or at least that's what he and a lot of other people thought.

I'd love to see Hillary meet the sting of bitter defeat in her presidential run.  We shall see.  I find it interesting that many of the most partisan Democrats on this site don't like her.  I know it's not scientific, but it's indicative of something.  True, this is a heavily male site, and most men don't have a lot of love for a shrill feminazi who probably applauds what Lorena Bobbitt did.  But what will the apparent lack of enthusiasm for her among some Democrats mean in the primaries and general election?  Right now, the polls for 2008 are more a measure of name recognition than anything else, and the Hildebeast sure has that.

It's always funny to see Republicans talk about how Democrats have no reasoning.

That's interesting coming from somebody who fervently believes that Pres. Bush stole Ohio, with a victory margin of over 100,000 votes, but John Kerry won Wisconsin fair and square (despite widespread reports of fraud) by 11,000 votes.  Those with obviously cockeyed reasoning ability ought not criticize others in that realm.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 02:33:04 PM »

Hillary seems to be moving in the direction of becoming the Ted Kennedy of New York, as least as far as her Senate seat goes.

She is the more conservative New York Senator.

I meant she's the Ted Kennedy in the sense of creating an almost religious devotion to her among enough of the population to guarantee re-election for life.  Ted Kennedy was re-elected even after killing a girl.

True, she is trying to position herself as more conservative now, but that is about as genuine as anything else that woman does.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 12:16:17 PM »

Rudy is conservative in a lot of ways.

The success of his conservative anti-crime policies shattered years of hare-brained liberal theory on crime, which only led to more and more murders, robberies, etc.,  though most of them aren't smart enough to notice or acknowledge it.

He also lowered taxes and fought to rein in the size of government.

It is only in the sphere of social issues that Rudy doesn't have good conservative credentials.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies