Tennessee VW workers want to unionize; VW is fine with that; Gov. Haslam isn't
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Tennessee VW workers want to unionize; VW is fine with that; Gov. Haslam isn't
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tennessee VW workers want to unionize; VW is fine with that; Gov. Haslam isn't  (Read 19147 times)
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »

I love Haslam, but I don't agree with it. I don't really see the point either. Tennessee is a right to work state, in the south, and unions are practically dead. What's the point of making a stand on a plant level union?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »

I love Haslam, but I don't agree with it. I don't really see the point either. Tennessee is a right to work state, in the south, and unions are practically dead. What's the point of making a stand on a plant level union?

If workers start to see union membership in their own interests, it repudiates a lot of Republican ideology and is a threat to the business interests they generally represent.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:40 PM »

If workers start to see union membership in their own interests, it repudiates a lot of Republican ideology and is a threat to the business interests they generally represent.

But Volkswagen is one of those business interests and that didn't stop Tennessee Republicans from more or less wreaking havoc on their preferred internal employee organization method.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies