Canada deports Holocaust denier to Germany to be arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:48:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada deports Holocaust denier to Germany to be arrested
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Canada deports Holocaust denier to Germany to be arrested  (Read 5987 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2005, 10:32:37 PM »

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB38EKUS5E.html

Excellent. Too bad there are few blacks in Germany, it'd be great to have him prison raped by one. Hopefully that'll happen anyway.

Oh and some advice for Goldie: Don't plan on traveling to Germany any time soon.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:46:07 PM »

So, you support denying the Holocaust as being a crime? So, you don't support the right to free speech? Exactly what has this man done to warrant being put in jail? Last time I checked being a bigot and an idiot doesn't warrant that - so what has this man done?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:47:52 PM »

Pretty simple: He's a Fascist. Fascists should never be tolerated. I'm an antifa after all.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 10:49:33 PM »

In other words, you don't give a rat's ass about free speech, which tells me you are a fascist, and you shouldn't tolerate yourself.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 10:50:13 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2005, 10:52:37 PM by Dakota Red »

So is Germany a fascist country today?

Also did you hear about the judge who presided over the Matt Hale case finding her husband and mother murdered in her home? Fascists are BAD BAD people.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 10:52:15 PM »

They are more fascist than I thought they were, yes.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 11:09:46 PM »

BRTD, the same law that protects you as a far-leftist protects them as far-rightests.

I disagree with this decision. I loathe people like this, but it is their right to be fools.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 11:12:01 PM »

BRTD, the same law that protects you as a far-leftist protects them as far-rightests.

Yup - you know there's someone out there that would just love to lock up every communist supporter. After all, all communist nations have thus far been tyrannical, so it could be taken that support of communism is support of tyranny - we can't have that now can we?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 02:10:31 AM »

I think this man has done a lot more than deny the holocaust. I think you should do more research before you jump to conclusions. Last I checked, freedom of speech as an integral part of our constitution.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 02:28:57 PM »

No, actually he didn't anything other than question certain details of the Holocaust. Actually you can go to jail in Canada and Germany for much, much less-- questioning the government on any policy can result in a life sentence. That's why I describe them both as "communist," despite some economic freedom.

BRTD is just a fascist that gets a boner off commies, he's not liberal in any sense of the word.

Judge Lefkow was unfortunate because she had made a correct ruling, only to have a higher (communist) court demand illegal action against Hale. Her options were to either stick to the law and be fired, or impose a large fine on Hale. Now, she did preside over the illegal conviction of Hale for "soliciting" murder-- a complete fiction made up by an FBI informant-- but then too she was probably taking orders.

Personally, I think any judge that hands down an illegal order should rightfully fear an equal and opposite reaction from the victim of their oppression. In the Zundel case, for instance, all involved judges clearly deserve the death penalty, though violence is always a measure of last resort. It would be better if freedom prevailed-- but since leftists have taken away freedoms, there is little choice for some but to use force.

The reason, obviously, that Holocaust study is such a severe offense is because authorities are fully aware of the exaggerations that were made. If Zundel was completely wrong, there would be little point in persecuting him. Claiming a certain group of people are actually from Pluto won't land you in jail, because it is simply known to be false. However, since most intelligent people recognize the Holocaust is used for political purposes, it is critical for those in power to maintain their fairy tales.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 04:06:27 PM »

Actually you can go to jail in Canada and Germany for much, much less-- questioning the government on any policy can result in a life sentence.

ROFL

You´re statements about Germany are hilarious as always, AuH2O. Give us more, please... PLEASE!
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 04:13:10 PM »

This is the stupidest ing decision I've ever heard. Deport someone just because their views are extreme? Amazing.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 04:17:19 PM »

Actually you can go to jail in Canada and Germany for much, much less-- questioning the government on any policy can result in a life sentence.

ROFL

You´re statements about Germany are hilarious as always, AuH2O. Give us more, please... PLEASE!

Well, keep in mind, you're in a country where it's illegal for your dog to make like a Nazi salute. So keep laughing... I am. Germany is a joke. 10% unemployment on top of no freedom of speech. Nice.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »

This is the stupidest g decision I've ever heard. Deport someone just because their views are extreme? Amazing.

Happens a lot with asylum seekers and stuff over here
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 04:19:31 PM »

This is the stupidest g decision I've ever heard. Deport someone just because their views are extreme? Amazing.

Happens a lot with asylum seekers and stuff over here

Bizarre.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 04:28:59 PM »

ROFL

Well, keep in mind, you're in a country where it's illegal for your dog to make like a Nazi salute. So keep laughing... I am. Germany is a joke. 10% unemployment on top of no freedom of speech. Nice.

Much better quality of life for the working class than in America though.  At least the lower four-fifths of the population.

But if you want to bring Naziism back, the place to do it is the USA, not Germany, Goldwasser.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 04:34:23 PM »

You've been to Germany? You have German friends?

And, so far as "Naziism," I don't see a comeback. But nationalism is a different story, and once the 60s generation is out of power in Europe, you'll see major changes.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 04:36:36 PM »

ROFL

Well, perhaps you could name a person who was sentenced to life for "questioning the government on any policy"...

Btw, the charges in the aforementioned case were dropped after the prosecutor´s office came to the conclusion that it didn´t break any law. So, it wouldn´t be illegal for my dog to make like a Nazi salute... if I had one.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 04:40:02 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2005, 04:52:58 PM by Peter Bell »

"Xenophobia" can land you in jail for, basically, ever, because they can usually add up a large number of counts.

In Canada and Germany in particular, authorities use such laws to jail people who criticize immigration policy-- that also happened in Australia, by the way, where they threw an elected politician in jail.

Really Long Link

Yeah, keep telling yourself you live in a free country.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2005, 04:54:50 PM by Peter Bell »

"Xenophobia" can land you in jail for, basically, ever, because they can usually add up a large number of counts.

In Canada and Germany in particular, authorities use such laws to jail people who criticize immigration policy-- that also happened in Australia, by the way, where they threw an elected politician in jail.

Really Long Link

Yeah, keep telling yourself you live in a free country.

Again, name a person who was sentenced to life for "questioning the government on any policy".
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 04:57:09 PM »

Let me know when Zundel gets out of jail. He has physically hurt how many people? zero. And he'll be in jail for life.

Article 5, section 2 of Germany's "Basic Law" says that free speech can be restricted insofar as it inhibits another individual's "personal respect." Sections 185, 189, and 194 of the Criminal Code prohibit the "defamation" of deceased persons, which in theory means you cannot speak critically about any historical figure, because they are dead (though these are used mainly to defend dead Jews, not dead Germans).

Section 130 of the Criminal Code also prohibits "incitement," which is widely used to prosecute people for their beliefs. Incitement does not require any intent or possibility of violence, as it does in the US (where actually the debate is between an immediate threat and a likely threat of violence)-- all that is required is a breach of "human dignity," which leftist judges can use against people that criticize immigration.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2005, 05:13:15 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

Hahaha, I think you'd better tell that to Stephen Harper; his job is questioning the government on policies.

It's a national pastime in Canada to bash the Liberals.

Is Canada perfect?  No, but last I checked, America is holding tons of people without trial, access to legal help, or without any sort of options whatsoever, purely because they're suspected of being a threat to national security, which was the exact same reason given for deporting Zundel.  Don't act as if America is perfect.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 05:11:21 PM »

it'd be great to have him prison raped by one. Hopefully that'll happen anyway.

compassionate conservative?

neither, I suspect. 

(it's also tempting to explore the blatant racism in your post, but the violence and judgement are more salient features and probably more dangerous.)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 05:14:27 PM »

Let me know when Zundel gets out of jail. He has physically hurt how many people? zero. And he'll be in jail for life.

And you know this based on what? Your assumption that Zündel will "be in jail for life" has to be based on a precedence (unless you´re capable of clairvoyance). And this means that it has happened before. So, again, name a person who was sentenced to life for "questioning the government on any policy".

Article 5, section 2 of Germany's "Basic Law" says that free speech can be restricted insofar as it inhibits another individual's "personal respect." Sections 185, 189, and 194 of the Criminal Code prohibit the "defamation" of deceased persons, which in theory means you cannot speak critically about any historical figure, because they are dead (though these are used mainly to defend dead Jews, not dead Germans).

Section 130 of the Criminal Code also prohibits "incitement," which is widely used to prosecute people for their beliefs. Incitement does not require any intent or possibility of violence, as it does in the US (where actually the debate is between an immediate threat and a likely threat of violence)-- all that is required is a breach of "human dignity," which leftist judges can use against people that criticize immigration.

But where exactly is the part that states that people can be sentenced to life for "questioning the government on any policy"?

In addition you could name a person who was jailed because he criticized immigration policy.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 05:14:31 PM »

Hahaha, I think you'd better tell that to Stephen Harper; his job is questioning the government on policies.

It's a national pastime in Canada to bash the Liberals.

Is Canada perfect?  No, but last I checked, America is holding tons of people without trial, access to legal help, or without any sort of options whatsoever.  Don't act as if America is perfect.

Well they don't use their power to go after trivial criticism. But if you criticize immigration policy, you're probably headed for the slammer.

And, no, tons of American citizens are not being held "without trial." There are terrorists being held, though the number isn't overly high, and the couple that are American citizens have been ordered charged or released by the courts.

The US is far, far from perfect, but it's also one of the few countries to take freedom of speech seriously. Canada and Germany sure don't.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies