North Star Polls - Special Senate Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:38:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  North Star Polls - Special Senate Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: `
Adam Griffin (Labor)

Cinci (Independent)

JCL (Federalist)

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: North Star Polls - Special Senate Election  (Read 2687 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »

Do you think potential Cinci voters like Torie and the PROs would really preference JCL above Griffin?

I certainly wouldn't. I mean, come on, the guy is literally a theocrat.

Since you're accusing me of being a theocrat prove your case
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »

I am going to strongarm the Senate to allow Griffin to serve as GM whether he becomes Senator or not. Or I will bypass the senate and hand down an executive order.

This game needs a proven GM, and we only have one left. Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 02:42:56 PM »

I am going to strongarm the Senate to allow Griffin to serve as GM whether he becomes Senator or not. Or I will bypass the senate and hand down an executive order.

The People need Adam Griffin for GM
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »

The People need Adam Griffin for GM

Yes, he is aware of it too.

I am not sure how I can legally make it happen. I think I will attempt to issue an executive order and wait until I am sued. If I lose in court, I will just go to the Senate with my demands.

Adam is naughty anyway for agreeing to be GM and then announcing this candidacy. How dare he tell me a fib!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »

Why even have a GM?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »

Do you think potential Cinci voters like Torie and the PROs would really preference JCL above Griffin?

this thread from post 23 onwards.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 03:36:23 PM »

There are more than just the biblical reasons for the flat tax.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2014, 05:05:00 PM by Cincinnatus »

The Federalists need a candidate in this race, whether it be JCL or not.  I haven't fit the mold of the right wing parties since the RPP existed, nor do I fall in line with Labor.  Which, of course, is my biggest problem.  My base, and idealogical home would probably be with the Progressives, or even possibly the DRs to a lesser extent, though, I don't think I have a great reputation with the former.

In any case, the Federalists shouldn't support me because I can prevent Labor dominance.  I'm more interested in ideas, which is why I'm bothering to run at all.  That, and, I can't resist the chance to run an uphill battle in Senate special elections.  Who knows, maybe the third time is the charm. 

Oh, and FTR, I'm totally on board with this, "Don't vote for Adam, he needs to be GM" tactic.  Seriously.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »

Like I've always said (even though no one believes me): JCL could win if the Federalist Party would develop a backbone, craft an actual policy agenda/platform and adhere to it - the latter two of which have never been done and the former has only manifested recently in a mediocre fashion. If you don't define yourselves, someone will always do it for you. If you stand for nothing, then it's very easy for voters to pick someone else. JCL's "radicalism" isn't the biggest issue he faces; rather, it's his party always wanting to throw him under the bus. If they truly wanted him to serve and were worried about competitiveness, then they would have let him grab the Mideast seat.

Oh yeah, I completely agree with this. If the Federalists showed JCL even a hint of support, he'd probably have a fairly good shot at winning. There's definitely a precedent for rigid ideologues getting elected and staying there, so long as they have the support of their comrades. (See: Me)

Gotta disagree, JCL has a much more uphill fight in an At-Large Senate race than even a really liberal Laborite does in the Midwest.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »

Like I've always said (even though no one believes me): JCL could win if the Federalist Party would develop a backbone, craft an actual policy agenda/platform and adhere to it - the latter two of which have never been done and the former has only manifested recently in a mediocre fashion. If you don't define yourselves, someone will always do it for you. If you stand for nothing, then it's very easy for voters to pick someone else. JCL's "radicalism" isn't the biggest issue he faces; rather, it's his party always wanting to throw him under the bus. If they truly wanted him to serve and were worried about competitiveness, then they would have let him grab the Mideast seat.

Oh yeah, I completely agree with this. If the Federalists showed JCL even a hint of support, he'd probably have a fairly good shot at winning. There's definitely a precedent for rigid ideologues getting elected and staying there, so long as they have the support of their comrades. (See: Me)

Gotta disagree, JCL has a much more uphill fight in an At-Large Senate race than even a really liberal Laborite does in the Midwest.

But the fact is that they couldve supported him for the Mideast seat...instead of crossing your fingers and hoping he fades away, returning to vote when called upon and not pulling a Ben Kenobi. JCL would have won in the Mideast by more than TNF won if they cared to support him (but poor Franzl...)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »

Maybe I'm not understanding how the Atlasian voting system works, but couldn't Federalists just first preference JCL and second preference Cinci?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »

Maybe I'm not understanding how the Atlasian voting system works, but couldn't Federalists just first preference JCL and second preference Cinci?

Cinci might not make it to the next round then meaning Griffin would win, if I'm not mistaken.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »

It's fairly possible for me to receive enough second preferences whereupon I would win IF I made it to the final round.  However, if JCL has more first preferences, I won't make it there, and Griffin will have a better shot at winning.  As an Independent with no actual base here, I have to rely on enough first preferences to carry me to the final round, where I might win.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »

It's fairly possible for me to receive enough second preferences whereupon I would win IF I made it to the final round.  However, if JCL has more first preferences, I won't make it there, and Griffin will have a better shot at winning.  As an Independent with no actual base here, I have to rely on enough first preferences to carry me to the final round, where I might win.

You having Duke's support will factor into things.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 08:22:30 PM »

Why didn't anyone answer Nappy? and of course, AG for GM, and not for Senate!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2014, 08:49:10 PM »

Why didn't anyone answer Nappy? and of course, AG for GM, and not for Senate!

They probably assume I am trolling I guess. I'm not. Truth is, we need a new way to approach the GM position that doesn't involve taking people out of the positions they prefer to serve in. Is being GM too much for one person? For the most of us, yes. They tried to incorporate the Cabinet but it didn't work out as hoped. But if peolle could trust Griffin to wear two hats as a GM and party leader, why not as a Senator too?

Or go further and allow a GM team! The main obstacle would be keeping little creeps crom politicizing the position but that's always been a problem.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

Haven't we technically had a GM team since 2011?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »

id prefer it to be three of them, but we must be careful and not go crazy and have a Mt. Olympus, if ya know what I mean
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:03 PM »

The Federalists need a candidate in this race, whether it be JCL or not.  I haven't fit the mold of the right wing parties since the RPP existed, nor do I fall in line with Labor.  Which, of course, is my biggest problem.  My base, and idealogical home would probably be with the Progressives, or even possibly the DRs to a lesser extent, though, I don't think I have a great reputation with the former.

In any case, the Federalists shouldn't support me because I can prevent Labor dominance.  I'm more interested in ideas, which is why I'm bothering to run at all.  That, and, I can't resist the chance to run an uphill battle in Senate special elections.  Who knows, maybe the third time is the charm. 

Oh, and FTR, I'm totally on board with this, "Don't vote for Adam, he needs to be GM" tactic.  Seriously.

The RPP never hessitated to do anything in anyway it sought fit to advance his own interests. My only change was to make it less heavy handed and more honest. I mean check the tracker thread, the link to the October 2008 special election with SPC, Lief and BK where the RPP bigwigs invalidated votes to get BK in. SPC was one of those who invalidated his vote. Two months later, he was elected to another At-Large seat in the December elections.

Then under my watch we had the early 2010 special (no candidate, supproted Vepres who had jumped ship and then appointed Jas to Jedi's SEnate seat), the June 2010 election (no candidate), the June 2011 elections (we ran Teddy). The RPP was built on braking those annoying rules people said we had to follow and we came within inches of winning subseuqent elections like the Andrew/Duke in October 2010 and Duke/Cincy in October 2011.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:13 AM »

There are more than just the biblical reasons for the flat tax.

You didn't cite any, bro.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 02:13:23 AM »

Reasons for the flat tax:

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length