Cincy for At-Large: On constitutional Referendums
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:07:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cincy for At-Large: On constitutional Referendums
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cincy for At-Large: On constitutional Referendums  (Read 846 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
« edited: February 23, 2014, 10:45:33 PM by Cincinnatus »

Another Announcement
[New York City]

The People are without one of their own now, but he is not without them.  Take solace in the fact that wherever the Senator's brave journey lead, The People will be his comfort.  The People demand their torch be carried yet again.  Obligation to The People demands I take action.  Long standing tradition in which I run in only highly contested Federal special elections demands I take action.  Today I announce my candidacy for At-Large Senator in the upcoming special election.  

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »

This morning I arose from my slumber and noticed the sweet smell of resurrection in the air. Then I fell back asleep, skipped my morning class and dreamed of young horses galloping in the fields as the bee friends made their honey for the mothers serving their children tea and honey.

As the wind blew, the voices of small boys started filling my ears with their sweet songs, songs of woe, songs of happiness, songs of love. I finally realized what today is, today is the day The People march together into Their biggest election of all time, one where memories will be made, dreams will be fulfilled, and children will be born. When the clock strikes midnight, there will be a call to arms - arms of trust, brotherhood, and shared experiences.

I happily endorse this historic senate campaign. May The People be with you now and forevermore, amen.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Nyman to be born?

What I'm saying is endorsed, obviously.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »

I happily endorse this historic senate campaign. May The People be with you now and forevermore, amen.

^^^^^^^^

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »

Endorsed
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »

Endorsed
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »

[On Constitutional Referendum]

The process in which we give direct power to The People must be more efficient, and we need to consolidate responsibility in order to do so.  Atlasia doesn't disperse responsibility for Presidential and Senate elections out to the regions, so why do we rely on an archaic process for amending our constitution?  We need to alleviate the duty of opening booths from regional executives.  The SOFE is a useful tool, and as such, must be properly utilized to ensure that constitutional amendments and all other referendums are handled effectively. 

We must give the SOFE sole power to administer voting booths for Federal referendums.  To do otherwise is to continue a long standing occurence where one or two regions open booths two days later than everyone else, if at all.  Most executives are responsible, but, the past has frequently proven that giving this responsibility to five executives is not more effective than delegating it to one authority.  PPT Yankee should not have to hold any hands, and by giving Secretary homely the power and responsibility, he won't have to.  Giving the Secretary this power eliminates the unsystematic approach that has largely been responsible for a disconnect with the Senate, and The People. 

I will work closely with Secretary homely, and the Senate to bring this issue to a fair debate.  The People deserve the most organized and transparent method of ensuring their voice be heard.  As always, if using The People profusely, and utilizing my big boy words hasn't enticed you to vote for me, monetary gains are available.  I'd also be willing to answer questions, I guess.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 10:49:53 PM »

I thought the people wanted us to "join hands"? Wink
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »

We must all join hands together my dear Yankee.  The People are in this together, and together we will remain strong. 
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »

I proposed this in my past two campaigns and would certainly support it; the issue is that some people would promote proven inefficiency in the name of "regional rights!1111111!!!" rather than proven efficiency.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »

Do you support replacing regional senate elections with an alternative system? And if so, what are you open to.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 11:23:12 PM »

I proposed this in my past two campaigns and would certainly support it; the issue is that some people would promote proven inefficiency in the name of "regional rights!1111111!!!" rather than proven efficiency.

This is not a regional rights issue.  This is a matter of delegation of responsibility.  Who administers a voting booth?  This should be about efficiency, not insincere platitudes.

Do you support replacing regional senate elections with an alternative system? And if so, what are you open to.

I'm open to any changes in the current Senate strucure.  Personally, I value our regional Senate seats, as should you, having been one.  Debating how to make regional and At-Large seats competitive should be a top priority.  However, regional seats serve as a more traditional function, and I would be more inclined to change the At-Large strucure. 

Originally, I preferred your idea of increasing the size of the Senate, though not to the extent IIRC.  I was a proponent of a bicameral system.  I would be a proponent of a parliamentary system if it ever gained traction.  I'm completely willing to work with anyone who wants to change the structure of the game if I feel it would make it better.  If eliminating or restrucuring regional Senate seats is a means to that end, I will publicly endorse it.  It would take a very compelling proposal to convince me to do so, however.

I think everyone should keep in mind that the possibility of a Pacific-Midwest merger opens a realm of possibilities.  Evantually they will have to phase out a regional seat if they merge.  This could mean we outright eliminate an At-Large senate seat to maintain balance, or it could be potential for a complete restructuring of the Senate.  In numbers, perhaps systematically, or in voting method, in any case, we shouldn't squander such possibilities. 
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »

I, like talleyrand, fully support giving the SOFE the responsibility of opening amendments, but I've basically resigned myself to the fact that it's never going to happen.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »

I, like talleyrand, fully support giving the SOFE the responsibility of opening amendments, but I've basically resigned myself to the fact that it's never going to happen.

Word. It's a shame we have so many rigid reactionaries on the right that would rather shout MUH REGIONAL RIGHTS than actually do anything to improve the long-term health of the regional system by making necessary adjustments as conditions on the ground change.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »

Word. It's a shame we have so many rigid reactionaries on the right that would rather shout MUH REGIONAL RIGHTS than actually do anything to improve the long-term health of the regional system by making necessary adjustments as conditions on the ground change.

The premise of the regional rights argument has validity, which is what some people ignore.  For me, real life politics and states rights doesn't really play into it.  Regional power is more of a tool to ensure regional traditions flourish, and regional governments have the opportunity to be diverse.  The problem is, you aren't completely wrong. 

Just like any issue, rigid adherence and inability to adapt prevent ideas like giving the SOFE administration power from passing.  There has to be an understanding between perserving regional power, and common sense delegation of responsibility.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 01:41:16 AM »

You could probably get the change to one booth passed if you did not pursue the requirements erosion that the left is so fond of and just propose an amendment that will leave us at 3/4ths of the regions being required to pass an amendment.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 06:08:59 AM »

You could probably get the change to one booth passed if you did not pursue the requirements erosion that the left is so fond of and just propose an amendment that will leave us at 3/4ths of the regions being required to pass an amendment.

We already tried that
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »

We already tried that

I forgot that. Well then, y'all're cooked. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies