Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:34:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)  (Read 18579 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 10:13:01 PM »

Are you concerned about social conservatives fielding their own candidate over your over the top pro-homosexual rethoric? Even one who agrees with you on preserving the regions.

I have to agree.  

Duke, I don't know if you are gay or if it is just an act, and I make no judgment one way or the other, but your gay comments are getting a bit tiresome.

Stick to talking about what you plan to do for Atlasia, not to talking about your sexual preferences.

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2013, 05:25:06 AM »

Are you concerned about social conservatives fielding their own candidate over your over the top pro-homosexual rethoric? Even one who agrees with you on preserving the regions.

I have to agree.  

Duke, I don't know if you are gay or if it is just an act, and I make no judgment one way or the other, but your gay comments are getting a bit tiresome.

Stick to talking about what you plan to do for Atlasia, not to talking about your sexual preferences.

Yeah, I agree with Winfield and JCL, other than that... I'll endorse you! Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2013, 05:43:41 AM »

I will be proud to give this ticket a high preference largely because of its radical pro-homosexual rhetoric.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »

On Mental Health

While Matt and I plan to roll out our platform this week, I must speak on something that is near and dear to me. The mental healthcare system in Atlasia is old and crumbling. The rest of our system was overhauled under president Fritz, but it did not focus on the mentally ill.

Recently, Senator Yankee and I worked months and months to craft a bill that would not only update our infrastructure, but expand coverage and attempt to remove the stigma that often comes with admitting mental illness. That bill passed the Senate but was ultimately vetoed by the President and failed to gain the votes for an override.

As President, the mentally ill will have a friend in me. We have seen first hand how these illnesses can not only tear apart families, but also puts the greater public in danger with the mass shootings we have all seen in Connecticut, Colorado and even Washington DC. This isn't a political issue, it's a common sense issue.

Mental health reform will be one of my top priorities if I were to win office, both expanding coverage, educating the public, and increasing funding for mental illness research. I ask all of you to consider joining me to fix this problem and in turn create a safer, more caring world for our children.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2013, 09:19:55 PM »

BUMPING*

*The Duke/Matt Campaign is not responsible for any damages sustained, as a result of this moving text.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »

Duke IS running for the Federalist nomination, correct?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2013, 09:38:17 PM by Speaker Matt »

I have a question.

If you start a campaign, you seek the presidency as a federalist or as an indipendent?

Thank you for your question!

As I said above, I plan to run in the Federalist Primary if this exploratory campaign advances past these infant stages into a full fledged run for the presidency. I have already alerted The Powers that Be in that party that I will NOT have myself subjected to their abuses and secret orders, but if I am nominated, I will represent myself with the best of my ability. I won't let you down.

I hope that answers your question. Cheesy

There it is. Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »

I have a question.

If you start a campaign, you seek the presidency as a federalist or as an indipendent?

Thank you for your question!

As I said above, I plan to run in the Federalist Primary if this exploratory campaign advances past these infant stages into a full fledged run for the presidency. I have already alerted The Powers that Be in that party that I will NOT have myself subjected to their abuses and secret orders, but if I am nominated, I will represent myself with the best of my ability. I won't let you down.

I hope that answers your question. Cheesy

There it is. Smiley

I'd like a specific pronouncement in the convention, but yes, that is helpful.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2013, 11:37:21 PM »

As President, the mentally ill will have a friend in me.
Purple heart
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »

As a candidate, I have OFFICIALLY declared for the nomination of the Federalist Party. Together with my friends, the mentally ill, and myself, we will WIN this nomination! You can guarantee that.

I am super excited like a boy on Christmas morning for Matt ot speak on behalf of our ticket tonight.

Friends, join this team. Let's resurrect Atlasia like the LORD resurrected himself after he was brutally murdered.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »

Speaker and VP hopeful Matt on The People's Vision at the Federalist National Convention

Nashville, TN

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »

Thank you for that uplifting speech, Matt. With you and I, together, we will guide this nation carefully and smartly into the future. I am excited to get started!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »

Loathe as I am to speak against The People, I have to disagree with your harping on Nix's commendable veto of the atrociously bloated mental health bill. With that veto, Nix struck an important blow against the inaccessibility and obtusity of Atlasian legislation and I think it may well go down as the most important symbolic act of his Presidency.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

Loathe as I am to speak against The People, I have to disagree with your harping on Nix's commendable veto of the atrociously bloated mental health bill. With that veto, Nix struck an important blow against the inaccessibility and obtusity of Atlasian legislation and I think it may well go down as the most important symbolic act of his Presidency.

Hello friend,

I am not harping on Nix's veto. He knows I am somewhat playing it up because of how long we worked on it, but I respect his decision to veto it. I mean no harm by my kidding around Tongue

I am merely stating that one of my goals if elected will be to pass mental health reform. Hopefully this time, we will be able to get a bit crafted that has less bloat and targets the problems that need addressing in a surgical manner. I certainly will not want it to be bloated because keeping the federal budget in check is something I am always concerned about.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »

What is your stance on starting all our laws from scratch?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »

Hello friend,

I am not harping on Nix's veto. He knows I am somewhat playing it up because of how long we worked on it, but I respect his decision to veto it. I mean no harm by my kidding around Tongue

I am merely stating that one of my goals if elected will be to pass mental health reform. Hopefully this time, we will be able to get a bit crafted that has less bloat and targets the problems that need addressing in a surgical manner. I certainly will not want it to be bloated because keeping the federal budget in check is something I am always concerned about.

Thanks for the explanation Duke - this makes me feel a lot better about likely giving this campaign of The People my first preference in the event that there's not a viable Labor candidate. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2013, 01:08:35 AM »

Hello friend,

Thanks for the explanation Duke - this makes me feel a lot better about likely giving this campaign of The People my first preference in the event that there's not a viable Labor candidate. Smiley

Of course, Oakvale. As you and I both know, I have never met anyone I cannot work with Tongue

I hold you, Nix and every former TPPer close to my heart, and regardless of how we may initially feel about an issue, you all know I am open to ideas and arguments. I need concrete evidence when it comes to making decisions.

I thank you for your support and I hope we can all work together in the next stage of Atlasia's future. I promise, I will do all I can to make it as good as I can
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2013, 01:27:17 AM »

What is your stance on starting all our laws from scratch?

A legislative reboot? I have not really thought about it, to be honest. As with all big changes we really propose to the game, I need to see data and evidence that such changes are necessary to really advance the game into the next stage.

I feel the same way about the regional consolidation. I have no endorsed any plan, per say, as of yet, to remove regions, but I certainly will be monitoring the situation over the course of the next few weeks and months, and if it is apparent that we need to act, I will certainly act.

I have been playing this game since 2008 and I want to see it continue to succeed and be fun for everyone, and if that means rebooting legislation or decreasing regions, so be it, but I want to be damn sure that is what we need to do it.

As someone who started his career resurrecting a region from certain death, I like to take my time and thing out these proposals, but I will not say that I have settled on some position this moment, because I have not.

I apologize if that seems like a fishy answer, but neither of these changes are changes anyone can take lightly in this game. I will assure you I am a fair and patient guy, I like to hear all sides and I evaluate things based on what I hear. I definitely understand both arguments and I will consider their proposals over time. I am always welcome to anyone contacting me in the meantime. Don't be shy.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »

Come now Good People! We are here, much like the Lord himself, and are not abandoning you, please ask us more questions, we shall answer them like no others!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »

How did you both become such moderates, who also happened to be heroes?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2013, 08:40:47 PM by Speaker Matt »

Well my good man, I admittedly do have moderate pragmatic views on economic issues, but I wouldn't call myself a social moderate, for I could be considered a heathen by some. How I became a hero you may ask? Well, it didn't just happen overnight you see, I traveled far away to icy frozen mountains in Asia. I was trained by the way of the sword by a master, learned to fight like very few of my fellow mortals were able, and was asked to kill a man to be initiated into a secret organization of elite ninja-like warriors. I of course refused to behead this man, fought my way through several of the elites, and eventually escaped as the building burnt down behind me, killing, at least, thinking that I killed both of the masters. That is my story. Duke I believe, was bitten by some sort of Radioactive ape, which enabled him with his vast collection of heroic powers. However the most important heroic attribute we both possess, isn't any mindblowing superpower, it is that we both do our very best to serve The People on a daily basis.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »

Well my good man, I admittedly do have moderate pragmatic views on economic issues, but I wouldn't call myself a social moderate, for I could be considered a heathen by some. How I became a hero you may ask? Well, it didn't just happen overnight you see, I traveled far away to icy frozen mountains in Asia. I was trained by the way of the sword by a master, learned to fight like very few of my fellow mortals were able, and was asked to kill a man to be initiated into a secret organization of elite ninja-like warriors. I of course refused to behead this man, fought my way through several of the elites, and eventually escaped as the building burnt down behind me, killing, at least, thinking that I killed both of the masters. That is my story. Duke I believe, was bitten by some sort of Radioactive ape, which enabled him with his vast collection of heroic powers. However the most important heroic attribute we both possess, isn't any mindblowing superpower, it is that we both do our very best to serve The People on a daily basis.

Matt, has anyone questioned your sanity of late, or are you simply cracking under the pressure that comes with a hard fought and competitive campaign?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »

Matt, has anyone questioned your sanity of late, or are you simply cracking under the pressure that comes with a hard fought and competitive campaign?
It would be the latter, my good man. But we are here for our mentally ill friends as well, as Duke so eloquently explained above!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »

It would be the latter, my good man. But we are here for our mentally ill friends as well, as Duke so eloquently explained above!

That's a relief.  We don't want a VP who would be institutionalized.  But I suppose one who is in and out of a mental care facility from time to time is OK.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »

I realized that I tend to drop some of our policy planks all over this forum, so in an effort to centralize our things, I will make an effort to repost them here. So, without further adieu, here is my current thoughts on regional reduction. I will warn that my views here are ever evolving: 

Welllll that is not entirely true. I have not come to a conclusion of what needs to be done to spur the regions. I have said multiple times this is not something we can take lightly, as these regions all have historical traditions and borders we must consider, but I have acknowledged there is a problem and something needs to be done to fix it. I have not come out and said I support this or that, but that doesn't mean I am going to sit back and let it fail while clinging to the regions right moniker. Surely you know me better than that! I want nothing more than an active game. I have worked years to create that environment, with you and many others. Anyone who believes I would be OK with where things are heading could not be more wrong.

This problem facing the regions is something I privately called months ago when I watched our voter rolls explode. It's something we can fix. It will take time though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies