Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:49:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)  (Read 18558 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »

Well one thing is for sure, the Vice President not doing anything would never be an issue since he would likely be the one to keep track of what had passed both chambers.

As far the Senate is concerned, you could cut the number of slots down somewhat since there would be less members. Votes would be quicker and we could ram stuff through fewer slots faster.

If there has to be a partisan system, then doing in all popular ("people's") chamber makes the most sense, I guess.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

This might be a silly question, but what would a member of the People's House be called?

As of now, I am referring to them as representatives but that's only because I haven't given it much thought.

Any suggestions? I really mean it when I say I want an open dialogue on this issue. No one person can solve our problems alone!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2013, 04:43:22 PM by Speaker Matt »

I like the idea of calling the lower house Parliament, but that's probably because I'm a europhile.

Representative, Councilor, and MP are the main ones I can think of.  I prefer gender neutral titles.
I like Honorable Councilor myself, with "councilor" as the title of direct address, and Honorable Counsilor of The People, as the formal title.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »

While I need some time to digest the specifics of the Duke Plan, formulating such a specific proposal is a productive and courageous move. It looks as if a Duke/Matt administration would continue the serious conversation about radical reform that has begun under the current administration.

Thank you, Nix.

The reason I am running is to make this game fun again, and I will do all that is in my power to do just that.

I think that the ideas proposed here and elsewhere offer a chance to change the game in ways that were impossible under the failed dissolution. I urge everyone to participate in this discussion because this, above all other policy planks and speeches I can make, will actually effect how you interact with Atlasia.

I hope anyone with a question will ask it and anyone with a concern about this ticket will voice it. I ask anyone who may be on the fence to contact either one of us. We want the opportunity to lead this country to even higher highs than before. I have a track record of activity, a history of supporting reforms, and a long record of working with nearly anyone who comes to me. The best part is, I have backed up this talk with results. I ask for your vote this weekend! For The People!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=135710.msg3902893#msg3902893
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »

Damn, that reminds me, I wanted to spoof that banner in Polnut's signature as part of my campaign. You should post more man, that way I wouldn't have forgotten. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

I want to thank my friend and former President Polnut for his endorsement. Polnut was one of the best and most thoughtful leaders we have ever had, and I am happy to have him onboard this train headed straight for victory!

The polls open in less than 12 hours, so join us, ask any lingering questions you may have, and let's take the next step to create a new and fun Atlasia!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »

Proposing a bicameral legislature is an excellent idea. Regardless if I'm going against my own party in this race, I do support this plank of your campaign.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »

What would be ypur cabinet if youre elected? if you can't choose, who's on the shortlist?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »

What would be ypur cabinet if youre elected? if you can't choose, who's on the shortlist?

I have people in mind, but I don't think I can really reveal who's on my short list before I am even elected. I fear I would jinx my own campaign by doing that. We all need to focus on the election this weekend before worrying about my cabinet, but rest assured, I have thought about it and already have had a few people contact me about it.

Hope this sort of answers your question.. Tongue
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »

You will be receiving my 2nd preference vote, Duke.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »

You will be receiving my 2nd preference vote, Duke.

Thank you, Flo! I'll need all the support I can get.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2013, 07:08:25 PM by Duke »

Final Statement

In a few short hours, Atlasians will go to the voting thread with a decision to make, a decision that will impact the future of this game and how we play it. It's not a decision to take lightly.

Matt and I have laid out a vision for the future, a vision that will undoubtedly change the way we relate to this game and how we play it, a vision that makes this country stronger than it has ever been, and a vision that can make the smallest cat excited and the largest lion shake in fear. It's bold. It's fresh. But this is why I am running - to make this game fun again. That's all I have ever wanted for Atlasia, and while I may have struggled to find my voice at points during this campaign, I stand here tonight as confident as I could ever be in the future of this game.

I ask you for your vote. I ask you to put your confidence in me to lead this nation to the next level, to grow it the right way, and to break the monotonous doldrums many cry about today. I have a history of doing just that, and if you entrust me to be your next President, I will not let you down.

To my opponents Lumine, Dr. Cynic and DemPGH, I wish you good luck and thank you for running idea-based campaigns. Whoever wins, we will be in good hands.

In the end though, I hope you all vote early, vote often, and vote for Duke and Matt. Wink
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »

I guess I'll also say a few words.

When Duke chose me all those weeks ago, I knew that Atlasia was going to be presented with a challenge, a challenge to reinvent itself. As I spelled out before, The People's Ticket will never abandon you, The People. We have laid out a plan, we have laid out a path, and we have defended our ideals. I would like to thank our opponents DemPGH/SirNick, Lumine/Superique, Cynic/Griffin, and JCL/Pingvin, for a respectful and well fought debate, and I would would like to very much thank all of the wonderful Atlasians who have supported us, who will support us, and will always support us!

So hold onto your breakfast, go vote, and watch the results come in!

Thank You All! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »

Solid start so far, but we aren't done. I encourage my supporters to storm the polls! Don't take things for granted. The election isn't over until the homelycooking sings!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2013, 05:25:07 PM »

I know we are all in the midst of election season, but I want to publicly welcome back my good friend from many moons ago, Happywarrior! We are clearly turning a corner!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »

I know we are all in the midst of election season, but I want to publicly welcome back my good friend from many moons ago, Happywarrior! We are clearly turning a corner!

Thanks Duke! Glad to be here to witness your election Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2013, 09:35:30 PM by Is JCL in mushy sappy love »

Welcome back HappyWarrior.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2013, 09:26:21 PM »

Who will win, JCL? Sad
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »

Welcome back HappyWarrior. However Duke will not get elected President.

Why was the last part necessary?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »

That was wrong of me Duke. Long day in the RL and just frustrated with a few things. I shouldn't have acted so uncivil towards you.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »

Welcome back HappyWarrior. However Duke will not get elected President.

Why was the last part necessary?

No. It wasn't. I acted out in frustration over some RL things and this was not the right place.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »

No worries, JCL. We all have bad days. I'm not mad at you!

You could be correct. I'm not going to call the race until the last voter has voted!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2013, 11:11:46 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President-elect. Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver