Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:39:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)  (Read 18587 times)
Hifly
hifly15

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2014, 03:36:40 PM »

I wish you the very best of luck Smiley Stand strong.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2014, 04:18:43 AM »

Congratulations - good to see some of the Federalist party didn't have kamikaze tendencies.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »

Congratulations Smiley  This victory is the latest proof that The People will not be silenced by the powers that be! 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2014, 11:22:17 AM »

A triumph of history. Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President, a well deserved victory!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2014, 06:28:31 PM by President Duke »

Survive and Advance

I just received a PM from Governor Reaganfan where he conceded the primary to our campaign. I want to thank he and Governor Spiral for the spirited campaign they ran and the effort they put into the race. They gave us a run for our money when weeks ago, it seemed impossible. I wish them both the best in the future in whatever they decide to do.

Friends, let this primary be a testament to the Power of The People. A few days ago, this campaign was in dire straits. We were down in the vote and seemingly had no where to go. Other candidates were announcing their intentions. My own mother called me to tell me she was no longer going to acknowledge my existence, saying "I wish that condom never broke."

But then the clouds parted, the sun began to rise, and the voices of The People, sweet and angelic as they are, began to sing, bringing tears to my eyes as I watched our campaign ascend from the depths of despair, pulling off yet another upset, showing the world that progress will march forward.

Today, I want to dedicate this win to my supporters, who fought when it looked like fighting would get us nowhere, who sounded the alarm when it appeared no one was listening, and who believed when no one else believed. This shows how mighty and powerful The People stand even when the waves of doom are beating down Their door.

To those of you who did not support Matt and me, I hope we can earn your vote over the next few weeks. My door is always open and I am always willing to listen to concerns, answer questions and work with you all for the betterment of this game. Remember, I don't always have the right answers. I am only as good as The People allow me to be.

Survive and advance. Onward to the general.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »

Cheesy Onwards to victory!
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »

To victory and glory!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2014, 05:10:31 PM »

Congratulations on winning the primary. You'll have my support for the general.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »

The People are proud!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »

VICTORY POSE

My friends it's been quite a ride both Atlasia and RL the last couple of months. I appreciate that you all have taken this ride with me! When The People form an unbreakable chain there is nothing that can penetrate that force! I want to thank and congratulate Naso on a hard fought and fair race, and would like to especially thank all of you studs that supported us in the primary. The handsome men have lived to fight another day, and it is all thanks to you! We're throwing a yacht party campaign function conveniently located on a yacht for all supporters of The People's ticket next weekend so please join us for that. To all who didn't support us, feel free to drop by the yacht and we will show you how much we desire your support in the presidential election.

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »

I'm definitely supporting the People! I am sad to say that my Conservative roots hindered my support, but I will definitely support you. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2014, 04:15:44 PM »

On the Election

I go away for the weekend and new tickets have sprouted up faster than tulips in your garden on a fine spring day.

I want to welcome TNF, Spiral, and homely to the race. I look forward to a campaign where we can share ideas and discuss the future of this country that we all know and love. 
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »

I enthusiastically endorse you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »

On Job Creation

Today is an exciting day my friends, as it is time for this campaign of campaigns to begin its rollout of our second term platform, should the gods in the sky deem us worthy of re-election. Today, I will focus on job creation, because after all, more jobs for The People mean more time on the job for me, and a strong working class means a strong Atlasia.

During our first term in office, my administration has presided over an economy on the move and a job market on the rise. My administration has been active in providing businesses with the tools they need to create and hire new employees. Together with the Senate, we just passed massive corporate tax reform, with the intention to spur domestic investment and eliminate wasteful loopholes that only hurt our domestic workers. In the Pacific, we provided the region with boatloads of capital, eliminated the payroll tax, and provided a tax rebate to existing businesses who hire new workers.

But as restless boys, we cannot stop at what we have done, wipe our hands and say mission accomplished. Last time we saw that happen, we watched a war continue on for nearly 6 more years, and I’d hate to have that much bloodshed occur under my watch. We can do more.

In my second term, I’d like to see some of the tools we provided to the Pacific extended nationwide to help all businesses in all regions grow their economies and strengthen their workforces. I call this the Cash for Startups Program. In this program, the Federal Government will provide a tax credit for each job a new business creates, and this tax credit will be cash convertible, meaning the company will receive the cash before having to worry about paying taxes. After all, new companies don’t always have profits, so a tax credit means nothing to them.

But I don’t want to stop there. In an effort to improve our environment, I’d like to also open this program up to companies creating green jobs. After all, as a Senator years ago, I authored a bill doing just that, and it’s time we renewed that policy. Providing these same incentives to green jobs will not only allow the industry to expand, but will also attract overseas companies looking to expand operations in Atlasia.  We want to grow our manufacturing base. This is a goal of mine. This policy is good for The People, good for our economy, good for our environment, and good for Atlasia.

Second, I would like to propose a Guaranteed Business Loan Program. Here, the Federal Government will set aside a fixed amount of money. We will give the money to the banks specifically to loan to businesses. We can make loans first out to more stable businesses and municipalities strapped for cash, giving them the liquidity they need to reform and change themselves, perhaps update their utilities or facilities, and expand it to smaller businesses trying to create jobs. These loans will be guaranteed by the federal government and carry a low interest rate, and allow businesses to create jobs and lower their operating costs for future endeavors.

Thank you all for reading. Please note, our entire platform will be available here.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »

Hello friends,

Thanks for tuning into my platform, I am sure no one is reading, but I still have to make some sort of effort here. Today, we discuss health, an important subject because it keeps you alive and it shows you how much I love you.

For Your Health

Our healthcare system is one that has been much improvement over the past year, and my administration has been focused on ushering it into the digital age. A few days ago, I had the pleasure of signing my administration's Healthcare Modernization Act into law, which will lower costs and better organize data, embracing the digital age that Steve Jobs created (RIP). But that is just the tip of the iceberg, it is a foundation for even more in the future.

In my second term, I want to explore more ways to reform health care in this country, including ramming further Mental Health reforms down the throats of the Senate and exploring methods to further reduce costs while not reducing quality of care. While our healthcare system is in decent shape and improving, our mental health industry is still in piss poor condition, and that has to change. As I said in the past, the mentally ill have a friend in me, and I will work with the Senate and Senator Yankee to ensure we pass meaningful reforms that accomplish our goals while not swelling our budget.

Fixing mental health will not only better The People, but it will keep our children, movie theaters and congressmen safe from people struggling with disease. Now is not the time to chastise, it’s the time to embrace and realize you have a friend in Duke and Matt, ya dengus.

For your health!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2014, 01:32:08 PM by President Duke »

On Foreign Affairs and Friendship

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.” When Sun Tzu made this famous quote many moons ago, none us understood what it meant, but today, it rings true to many of us working with our friends and enemies abroad. During my time in office, I have made it a point to be friendly with both our friends and enemies and attempt to marginalize any fallout that may come from foreign crises. In my view, Atlasia is only as strong as our weakest ally, and no ally should be neglected.

Together with SoEA Superique, my administration will push for a peaceful solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict without alienating our allies in Israel. You see friends, it is about fairness and love, not sanctions and threats. Both regions can coexist and will coexist if it is the last thing I do. No more bloodshed.

In Canada, my administration has worked tirelessly to minimize the damage the conflict has caused and is in discussions to not only end the standoff, but is also working to make sure Atlasia-Canadian relations are as strong as ever. In today’s world economy, we must expect nothing less, because conflicts between countries not only affect those two countries, they affect the whole world. With Matt and I in charge, you can be we have the whole world in our hands, and like the Greek God Atlas, we won’t drop the globe.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »

The Duke Doctrine Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2014, 04:43:03 PM by President Duke »

My whirlwind unveiling of my second term platform continues, friends.

On the Economy and The Worker

Economic health is the most important barometric measurement of how The People are doing. From the bottom up and the top down, a healthy job market benefits Atlasians of all income and educational levels. As President, this has been my top priority, and a huge reason why I tackled the Pacific in the manner in which I did. It’s the economy, stupid!

But economic health does not mean the worker must suffer. In my first term, I proudly signed into law a bill banning at will employment, a barbaric law where employers could fire workers without reason or fault. During my time as chair of The People’s Party, we made it a centerpiece of our platform, and it brought tears to my eyes to finally see it pass. Even so, there is more work to be done.

Income inequality has been an issue worldwide since the 1990s, and countries have taken steps to combat it through a variety of measures. Currently, the Senate is discussing a pay cap on executive salaries, but I believe that is not the correct way to fix this problem. Studies have shown it will lead to a more risky methods of compensation and will hurt our economic stability. Instead, I will call on the Senate to pass a measure requiring public companies to report their pay ratio on their public SEC filing. This will provide their shareholders information on pay inequality because, let’s face it, many Atlasians are not aware of just how bad the problem is. If they aware of the problem, the shareholders will have the information they need to change executive compensation. After all, they must approve it. The shareholders own the company. This is a basic freedom of information law. Nothing more.

I also support capping the tax write off companies use for executive pay. Currently, companies may write off all executive pay as a business expense, shifting the burden to the taxpayer. In my view, that is unfair. The People should not be burdened with such hardships. Let the women and children live in peace in their homes, free from the nastiness that comes with big business because not everyone enjoys it as I do.

All in all, this administration is concerned with everyone, from the biggest businessman to the lowliest of worker. It takes all of us doing our fair share to get this economy on the right track, and I believe in my heart of hearts, it can and will continue to be done.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2014, 04:25:47 PM »

Removing the write off on executive pay is probably a far more effective way to approach the issues then some kind of cap like what is presently being debated.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »

Removing the write off on executive pay is probably a far more effective way to approach the issues then some kind of cap like what is presently being debated.

I couldn't agree more on that matter.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »

What is your problem with right to work? Mandated union membership is the criminal act here.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »

What is your problem with right to work? Mandated union membership is the criminal act here.
I think he was referring to at-will employment, not right-to-work.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »

It isn't in Atlasia. We have the closed shop across the country, as per the Labor Rights Act of 2012.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »

I think he was referring to at-will employment, not right-to-work.

Yeah, sorry. I miss referenced it. I meant at will employment. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies