Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:45:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)  (Read 18568 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »

I support you guys, but I feel bad for Spamage. He has been a great governor for my region and I hope he stays involved in Atlasia, if you guys win the primary.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

I have not yet endorsed anyone at all, but if I were a voter in the Federalist primary I would support Duke/Matt over Spamage.

When you come up with a dollar amount for your endorsement, let me know.

I support you guys, but I feel bad for Spamage. He has been a great governor for my region and I hope he stays involved in Atlasia, if you guys win the primary.

His work isn't finished in the Pacific. If we manage to win the primary, consider it my gift to your region instead of feeling sad!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2013, 11:04:37 PM by Speaker Matt »

I have not yet endorsed anyone at all, but if I were a voter in the Federalist primary I would support Duke/Matt over Spamage.

When you come up with a dollar amount for your endorsement, let me know.

His work isn't finished in the Pacific. If we manage to win the primary, consider it my gift to your region instead of feeling sad!
Indeed.

I have been trying to avoid making en endorsement for the primary, but now that you have picked Matt I have no choice. Endorsed! Smiley
Awwww! Smiley

Absolutely wonderful ticket. Tough choice, but endorsed!
Thank you very much, good sir!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2013, 11:47:36 PM »

Y'all seem like a force to be reckoned with. Can you elaborate your positions on energy and the Environment?

Thank you for your question, dear boy.

Matt and I plan to publish our platform in due time, probably after I get back from New York on Sunday of this week, but I can tell you about my energy positions, however vague they may be at this moment.

I served 12 terms in the Senate between 2009-2011, if you did not know, so I am older than most here and have a long record of successes and failures. During my time there, I authored a few energy bills. One was creating a federal fund for businesses to borrow money with the sole purpose of investing it in making themselves "green." Another was giving corporate tax breaks to companies who reduced their carbon footprint by X amount. I also supported a massive expansion of light rail in all corridors of this country and worked with the IDS legislature while in the senate to send them money to improve the efficiency of our region's transportation system.

Marokai and I passed a cash for clunkers like program through the senate during my time as VP, where we took many old cars off the road and replaced them with energy efficient vehicles.

Finally, I tried and failed to replace the carbon tax with a cap and trade system, who's goal was to reduce the overall number of emission credit to a certain level by 2015. I have supported land conservation, increasing nuclear power, and nearly any measure to make our planet a cleaner, safer place for our future generations.  Energy independence not only improves our environment, but it makes us less dependent on other countries to fuel our transportation system, which is the nation's lifeline.

Hope that somewhat gives you an idea of where we stand on energy and the environment. I lead by example, and my record is clear and shows I have a lovely green thumb and respect for mother nature.
I thank you for your quick response. I like your positions on energy, I am still undecided, but you have moved up in my consideration. I look forward to your platform being unveiled.

To add to what Duke said, as Senator, I was the original author of The Atlasian Clean National Park Initiative, because I strongly believe in preserving the most beautiful lands of our nation. We both believe strongly in the moral obligation that the wealthiest nation on planet earth has to ensuring our nation takes care of the environment, for we have to go the extra mile, because there are many developing nations, who cannot quite yet worry themselves as much as needed with environmental concerns, for they unfortunately have far greater concerns.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2013, 10:09:35 AM »

How much are you willing to pay for me to pledge fealty, Duke?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »

How much are you willing to pay for me to pledge fealty, Duke?

The good news is, this campaign is flush with money, as I am older than the hills and have connections in places you could only dream.

Name your price and I am positive I can outbid any other suitor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »

I want to thank you, Senator Maxwell, for making not necessarily the easiest decision, but the right one. It takes courage to support such a radically handsome ticket, a ticket that has not only taken this game by storm, but brought back legends and filled the hearts of hundreds with hope that a brighter future is over those hills and inside the cupboard where your mother stores the chocolate chip cookies.

The time is now. With breakfast hot on the table, we encourage one and all to gather round and take some bacon, ask some questions and consider joining the already 10s of peoples who have already uprooted their families to join us on this journey.

Once again, a big thank you to Maxwell. We look forward to taking your hand and leading you around with us on the trail.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »

In the wake of Spamage's withdrawal, you have my full endorsement! Best of luck Smiley
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:26 PM »

You have my full endorsement.  Lets make sure the people win.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »

Tonight, friends, we lost a good man in this game. While Spamage and I were going to be bitter opponents in this most dangerous game, I held tremendous respect for the boy. I wish him the best in his future endeavors and he will be in my thoughts as he deals with the issues he desperately needs to focus on.

I will take time to reflect on the serve Spamage has given this great nation, and I ask all of you, Federalist or nonfederalist, to join me in wishing him the best. No one wants to be alone when dealing with tragedies such as this...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »

Hi all,

I will be in New York this weekend, so my campaigning will be limited.

While Matt and I plan to publish our platform in due time, feel free to direct any questions you have to this thread. One of us will answer them in due time.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »

In the wake of Spamage's withdrawal, you have my full endorsement! Best of luck Smiley

Thank you Tmth! Smiley

You have my full endorsement.  Lets make sure the people win.

Thank you very much Mr. Arkansas! Smiley

Both of your checks The lovely $10 gift baskets, shall be in the mail shortly gentlemen.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

My vote was already purchased by Duke's love and affection, just in case anyone is worried bribery might be taking place here. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

Don't think you will have a cakewalk to the Federalist nomination Duke. While we are ardent regionalists we have our differences as well.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »

Don't think you will have a cakewalk to the Federalist nomination Duke. While we are ardent regionalists we have our differences as well.

In these troubled times, I would think that regionalism is paramount. As the old saying goes, "united we stand, divided we fall".
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2013, 01:24:23 PM »

In these troubled times, I would think that regionalism is paramount. As the old saying goes, "united we stand, divided we fall".

I think we need to take a bigger picture look rather than just campaign on one issue.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2013, 02:24:18 PM by Fmr. Emperor PiT »

I think we need to take a bigger picture look rather than just campaign on one issue.

Indeed, there are always other issues to pay attention to. I don't mean to imply otherwise. But there is one issue that I think needs to take high priority in this discussion; to wit, the integrity of our respective home regions.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »

Indeed, there are always other issues to pay attention to. I don't mean to imply otherwise. But there is one issue that I think needs to take high priority in this discussion; to wit, the integrity of our respective home regions.

This regional issue is making me ponder a run. I don't think the party is standing strong enough on this issue.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2013, 05:51:15 PM »

Rest assured, I have returned.

What are you talking about?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »

Are you saying you will run against him?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »

Are you saying you will run against him?
This is what I have been wondering all week.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »

As evidenced by this scientific poll, our ticket is blitzing the field early in this race, and why wouldn't it? We have assembled one of the most dynamically handsome teams in a long while, a ticket that will not let The People down.

I am opening up the floor for questions and concerns you all may have and wish to express with us. Please don't hold back, be as forceful as possible and do not be a pansy. This is a ticket for handsome men by handsome men. I will do my best to answer you as quickly as possible.

Thank you all for your continuing and unwavering support. It brings a tear to my eye.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »

Handsome or not, I endorse you for President and Vice President.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

Are you concerned about social conservatives fielding their own candidate over your over the top pro-homosexual rethoric? Even one who agrees with you on preserving the regions.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »

Are you concerned about social conservatives fielding their own candidate over your over the top pro-homosexual rethoric? Even one who agrees with you on preserving the regions.

I firmly believe in the power of democracy and the power of the marketplace of ideas. If some believe my support and advancement of the RADICAL gay agenda is too much and wish to field their own candidate, that is their right as freedom loving atlasians to do so and I would never stand in the way of it.

However, I would hope that, at the end of the primary, we would come together for a common cause in the general.

I hope that answers your question!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies