Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:24:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)  (Read 18566 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: September 15, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

Beautiful speech about the GOP; also will there be RADICAL gayness at your campaign rallies? I MUST KNOW!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »

Thank you for having this confidence in me Duke! What’s happenin People? I’m running for Vice President of Atlasia, (yes that’s right, while Andrew is going to be the sexiest man on any campaign trail, I am Duke’s running mate.) Why are we doing this you may ask? Why are we breaking our backs, sweating our arses off, enduring tribulations much like The Great Tribulation, when we could be comfortable at home watching 16 hours of football? There is one reason, and one reason only….. The People have called us, to be the hope of Atlasia, Our nation’s shining star, and we must answer the call. Much like how the antichrist will not be revealed until Bushie’s round body has been lifted out of this world during the rapture, I was not unveiled as second man of this campaign until The People ordained it. This campaign is not about glory for those involved, no, it is truly about fighting for the ideals that have made this nation a bigger deal than an Oklahoman style burger. When Duke approached me about being his running mate, I knew immediately that this was going to be a fantastic opportunity, not just for us and our chances, but for Atlasia. The reason behind this, is that me and Duke truly love everyone of you, Duke has slept with many of you… You see this campaign seeks to unite us all, Republican and Democrat, tall and short, fat and slim, gay and gayer, former lovers who now hate each other. Doesn’t matter, with Duke/Matt, we are all lovers! Hold onto your breakfast, and thank you all, you beautiful bastards!

Matty
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »

Great pick, Duke! The soon to come Federalist Primary will go down as extremely close, and if that doesn't raise activity, I don't what will.
Too kind, Mr. Lumine! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2013, 11:04:37 PM by Speaker Matt »

I have not yet endorsed anyone at all, but if I were a voter in the Federalist primary I would support Duke/Matt over Spamage.

When you come up with a dollar amount for your endorsement, let me know.

I support you guys, but I feel bad for Spamage. He has been a great governor for my region and I hope he stays involved in Atlasia, if you guys win the primary.

His work isn't finished in the Pacific. If we manage to win the primary, consider it my gift to your region instead of feeling sad!
Indeed.

I have been trying to avoid making en endorsement for the primary, but now that you have picked Matt I have no choice. Endorsed! Smiley
Awwww! Smiley

Absolutely wonderful ticket. Tough choice, but endorsed!
Thank you very much, good sir!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:47:36 PM »

Y'all seem like a force to be reckoned with. Can you elaborate your positions on energy and the Environment?

Thank you for your question, dear boy.

Matt and I plan to publish our platform in due time, probably after I get back from New York on Sunday of this week, but I can tell you about my energy positions, however vague they may be at this moment.

I served 12 terms in the Senate between 2009-2011, if you did not know, so I am older than most here and have a long record of successes and failures. During my time there, I authored a few energy bills. One was creating a federal fund for businesses to borrow money with the sole purpose of investing it in making themselves "green." Another was giving corporate tax breaks to companies who reduced their carbon footprint by X amount. I also supported a massive expansion of light rail in all corridors of this country and worked with the IDS legislature while in the senate to send them money to improve the efficiency of our region's transportation system.

Marokai and I passed a cash for clunkers like program through the senate during my time as VP, where we took many old cars off the road and replaced them with energy efficient vehicles.

Finally, I tried and failed to replace the carbon tax with a cap and trade system, who's goal was to reduce the overall number of emission credit to a certain level by 2015. I have supported land conservation, increasing nuclear power, and nearly any measure to make our planet a cleaner, safer place for our future generations.  Energy independence not only improves our environment, but it makes us less dependent on other countries to fuel our transportation system, which is the nation's lifeline.

Hope that somewhat gives you an idea of where we stand on energy and the environment. I lead by example, and my record is clear and shows I have a lovely green thumb and respect for mother nature.
I thank you for your quick response. I like your positions on energy, I am still undecided, but you have moved up in my consideration. I look forward to your platform being unveiled.

To add to what Duke said, as Senator, I was the original author of The Atlasian Clean National Park Initiative, because I strongly believe in preserving the most beautiful lands of our nation. We both believe strongly in the moral obligation that the wealthiest nation on planet earth has to ensuring our nation takes care of the environment, for we have to go the extra mile, because there are many developing nations, who cannot quite yet worry themselves as much as needed with environmental concerns, for they unfortunately have far greater concerns.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »

In the wake of Spamage's withdrawal, you have my full endorsement! Best of luck Smiley

Thank you Tmth! Smiley

You have my full endorsement.  Lets make sure the people win.

Thank you very much Mr. Arkansas! Smiley

Both of your checks The lovely $10 gift baskets, shall be in the mail shortly gentlemen.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »

Don't think you will have a cakewalk to the Federalist nomination Duke. While we are ardent regionalists we have our differences as well.

Are you saying you will run against him?
This is what I have been wondering all week.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 09:19:55 PM »

BUMPING*

*The Duke/Matt Campaign is not responsible for any damages sustained, as a result of this moving text.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2013, 09:38:17 PM by Speaker Matt »

Duke IS running for the Federalist nomination, correct?

I have a question.

If you start a campaign, you seek the presidency as a federalist or as an indipendent?

Thank you for your question!

As I said above, I plan to run in the Federalist Primary if this exploratory campaign advances past these infant stages into a full fledged run for the presidency. I have already alerted The Powers that Be in that party that I will NOT have myself subjected to their abuses and secret orders, but if I am nominated, I will represent myself with the best of my ability. I won't let you down.

I hope that answers your question. Cheesy

There it is. Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »

Speaker and VP hopeful Matt on The People's Vision at the Federalist National Convention

Nashville, TN

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »

Come now Good People! We are here, much like the Lord himself, and are not abandoning you, please ask us more questions, we shall answer them like no others!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2013, 08:40:47 PM by Speaker Matt »

How did you both become such moderates, who also happened to be heroes?
Well my good man, I admittedly do have moderate pragmatic views on economic issues, but I wouldn't call myself a social moderate, for I could be considered a heathen by some. How I became a hero you may ask? Well, it didn't just happen overnight you see, I traveled far away to icy frozen mountains in Asia. I was trained by the way of the sword by a master, learned to fight like very few of my fellow mortals were able, and was asked to kill a man to be initiated into a secret organization of elite ninja-like warriors. I of course refused to behead this man, fought my way through several of the elites, and eventually escaped as the building burnt down behind me, killing, at least, thinking that I killed both of the masters. That is my story. Duke I believe, was bitten by some sort of Radioactive ape, which enabled him with his vast collection of heroic powers. However the most important heroic attribute we both possess, isn't any mindblowing superpower, it is that we both do our very best to serve The People on a daily basis.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »

How did you both become such moderates, who also happened to be heroes?
Well my good man, I admittedly do have moderate pragmatic views on economic issues, but I wouldn't call myself a social moderate, for I could be considered a heathen by some. How I became a hero you may ask? Well, it didn't just happen overnight you see, I traveled far away to icy frozen mountains in Asia. I was trained by the way of the sword by a master, learned to fight like very few of my fellow mortals were able, and was asked to kill a man to be initiated into a secret organization of elite ninja-like warriors. I of course refused to behead this man, fought my way through several of the elites, and eventually escaped as the building burnt down behind me, killing, at least, thinking that I killed both of the masters. That is my story. Duke I believe, was bitten by some sort of Radioactive ape, which enabled him with his vast collection of heroic powers. However the most important heroic attribute we both possess, isn't any mindblowing superpower, it is that we both do our very best to serve The People on a daily basis.

Matt, has anyone questioned your sanity of late, or are you simply cracking under the pressure that comes with a hard fought and competitive campaign?
It would be the latter, my good man. But we are here for our mentally ill friends as well, as Duke so eloquently explained above!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »

We are both firm believers in Progressive Income Tax:

This is something I wanted to add to Duke's above points. Let me share something that I have very much evolved on: Flat Taxation rates, are not fair taxation rates. The top Atlasians have an abundance that most of us wouldn't even comprehend what to do with, so no, we do not believe 10% of $3 Million is the equivalent of 10% of $10,000 (in terms of financial impact). Now, being a former Senator, I am pleased to inform you that Atlasia is far ahead of the U.S. on this issue. However, if we wish to indeed keep the budget in order, we need to ensure that we continue progressive taxation. Making working class, and Atlasians in poverty pay for our spending, is not a path Duke/Matt is willing to take.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 11:30:55 AM »

As a private citizen (am I even still a citizen?), I want to briefly break my silence and humbly offer my endorsement for The People's ticket. Although there are no circumstances under which I intend to return to elected office, I feel strongly for the cause of The People and continue to wish them, and their great servants Duke and Matt, the very best.

Thank you sir Franzl, you've always been one of Atlasia's finest servants, and a good friend. We promise to always be for The Causes of The People! Smiley

Also, I completely agree with Duke on the abortion bill. As a member of The Federalist Party I believe a lot of us have concerns about the bill, I know a good deal of us don't support it, and I don't particularly agree with the way Mideast leadership has handled it. Not trying to step on any toes, and it's certainly nothing personal, but I just plainly and respectfully disagree.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2013, 04:43:22 PM by Speaker Matt »

I like the idea of calling the lower house Parliament, but that's probably because I'm a europhile.

Representative, Councilor, and MP are the main ones I can think of.  I prefer gender neutral titles.
I like Honorable Councilor myself, with "councilor" as the title of direct address, and Honorable Counsilor of The People, as the formal title.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »

I guess I'll also say a few words.

When Duke chose me all those weeks ago, I knew that Atlasia was going to be presented with a challenge, a challenge to reinvent itself. As I spelled out before, The People's Ticket will never abandon you, The People. We have laid out a plan, we have laid out a path, and we have defended our ideals. I would like to thank our opponents DemPGH/SirNick, Lumine/Superique, Cynic/Griffin, and JCL/Pingvin, for a respectful and well fought debate, and I would would like to very much thank all of the wonderful Atlasians who have supported us, who will support us, and will always support us!

So hold onto your breakfast, go vote, and watch the results come in!

Thank You All! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34:26 PM »

Thank you, gentlemen! We are truly grateful, and promise to be hard working and diligent servants of The People of Atlasia! I would say more, and I may tomorrow, but right now Duke is about to make a lovely speech, and I don't want to spoil it. Wink
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »

VICTORY POSE

My friends it's been quite a ride both Atlasia and RL the last couple of months. I appreciate that you all have taken this ride with me! When The People form an unbreakable chain there is nothing that can penetrate that force! I want to thank and congratulate Naso on a hard fought and fair race, and would like to especially thank all of you studs that supported us in the primary. The handsome men have lived to fight another day, and it is all thanks to you! We're throwing a yacht party campaign function conveniently located on a yacht for all supporters of The People's ticket next weekend so please join us for that. To all who didn't support us, feel free to drop by the yacht and we will show you how much we desire your support in the presidential election.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »

Long Live The People!

(The People, celebrating our reelection.)

Friends, it has been an honor, and a great privilege to serve as your vice president. The forces at be did everything in their power to prevent this from happening, this glorious reelection that The People willed. When we were told by several pundits that we were going to have our goose cooked by the honorable Mr. Spiral, we at headquarters got very nervous.

(Even us handsome boys must eat sometimes.)

We got on the phones thanks to our wonderful volunteers, and ate our chinese buffet and drank our Jack Daniels while the results came in. As we were sweating bullets, and watching the national map, waiting for the news of our defeat to come at any minute we held hands, and then witnessed something extraordinary. We realized that as the results came in, not only were we not behind, but we were actually winning.

(And yes, drink.)

We realize that as handsome as us handsome boys are, that it wasn't anything special we did that won us this election. It was because of the fact that we had The People's blessing. The People of all backgrounds had our back, and while we certainly worked harder at this campaign than us boys should have, we realize that ultimately we won only because of all of those out there who had our backs no matter how scary things looked.

(Even us boys have to go on the road occasionally.)

It was on the road that we met some of the greatest, most talented, and incredibly handsome of The People. It was truly part of the wonderful journey meeting some of you fantastic souls out there, Duke and I traveling the open roads on our glorious, glorious bus.

(See, even the newspapers were sure we were dead.)

Finally when the glorious realization that The People's will had prevailed we couldn't help but celebrate. We realized that no matter how hard we screwed up, we were still loved by the masses, and when the final results had been delivered, we couldn't help but smile, and today we are still smiling. I walked in on Duke in the above photo, and realized that it did not matter what newspaper pundits were sure of, no, The People's will was truly the only thing that mattered, and we are more and more sure of this all today.

I would like to thank the other candidates for another nail biting, ball sweating election. TNF, and Spiral are both fantastic guys, and good personal friends. And without them The People would have not had a choice, which is of course, necessary for the continuation of democracy in our dear nation.

I'm more optimistic about the future of our nation than ever, and would like to thank all of of you for having the confidence in Duke, and I, to continue to lead this fantastic nation.  So grab hands, hold those you love/don't hate tight (depending on your personality), grab some bourbon, and let's continue to build this nation up! Thank you all, and Dave bless The People!!!!!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies