Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:43:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Re-elect The People's Ticket Duke and Matt (On Our Re-election)  (Read 18570 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:43:07 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2014, 01:29:37 AM by President Duke »

Hello friends,

Below I have memorialized the beginnings of this historic campaign. Now, it is time to make things a bit more official. Matt and I will begin unveiling our platform over the coming days, and I will keep it all organized below.

Our Platform

Our Re-election Platform

Our Fan Page!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Below are the brave few that have DARED to endorse this rogue campaign, they are known as
Duke's Dudes:

Mr. X
Ben
Winfeld
Grumpy Gramps
Lief (I will PM him first)
Andrew aka Big Daddy
Goldwater
Sbane
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »

I have a question.

If you start a campaign, you seek the presidency as a federalist or as an indipendent?

Thank you for your question!

As I said above, I plan to run in the Federalist Primary if this exploratory campaign advances past these infant stages into a full fledged run for the presidency. I have already alerted The Powers that Be in that party that I will NOT have myself subjected to their abuses and secret orders, but if I am nominated, I will represent myself with the best of my ability. I won't let you down.

I hope that answers your question. Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »

Question: Why does your political matrix score disagree so strongly with your party association in "America" (whatever that is)?

Hello, Mr. Governor!

I want to thank you for your question. Over the years, my American party has left me, transforming itself from a party of fiscal responsibility and pragmatic social policies to one of pure reactionaries who fear things like women gaining rights and advancing a gay agenda.

Instead of leaving my party, I have chosen to remain, to fight within for change because I feel we need competition in this country. No one wants one party rule, and if some had their way within my party, that's exactly what we would have. Plus, blue looks better than green for my avatar, and the blue South Carolina tag has become sort of a moniker for me. Wink

But make no mistake. I am a ruthless pragmatist and problem solver. Unlike Ray Charles, I am not blinded by an ideology. The only ideology I believe in is myself and my abilities to bring good and peace to this game through music, activity, and mutual respect. Time has long passed that I did not weigh solving problems through many different means. To err is human, to be thoughtful is to be enlightened.

Hope that answers your question!

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »

Duke

If you run and if you win, will  you be using any of the White House closets?

I plan to use them all. Some to store secrets in, others to store bodiesjackets. It all depends.

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and interest in this campaign to end all campaigns. Remember, a win for me in this endeavor is a win for all of YOU and an overall victory The People, no matter how great or small!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »

Excuse me worthy opponeny, I have a question

WHAT IS YOUR MONEYS PLAN

Thank you for your question, my sweet opponent and dear friend, BK.

As a fan of money, I can assure you my plan will be to spend and save it to the best of my ability. Atlasia is like a shopping mall. There are people who want the money and people who want to give the money. The key here is allowing transactions in a safe, risk free way.

Under The People's Administration, I vow to allow people to PAY more money to the government IF they so choose. Remember when Warren Buffet said he wished he paid more taxes? Well, his WISH will be my command. He will be free to write us a check for as much as he wants. If enough kind hearted souls like Mr. Buffet put their MONEYS where their MOUTHS is, we can lessen the burden on HARD WORKING workers, putting MORE money in their pockets, allowing them to spend more time with their families (and who doesn't like that?), and helping them pay down their debt. The RICH cannot get any richer. I mean, they're all pretty damn rich now, amirite?

Friend, we both know this nation is in ruins. It's like Athens the fall of Pericles. It is burning to the ground faster than my life right before your eyes. But together we can fix this problem. We can help The People rise from the smoldering pile of rubble that has existed since the fall of The Party. We can keep wages at sane levels, allow People to keep more of their moneys, invest in this country, in our young boys, in our oil fields, in our streets. We can do this.

I know you're running against me, but please, take my hand. Join me. We can do this. We can make Atlasia lovely again, that city that we all want to live in but don't believe we are AFRAID of being too happy. Instead of making a fight, let's make a love, a love so public that it cannot help but rub off on everyone.

I hope this is an acceptable answer about the MONEYS. It's something near and dear to my wallet.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »

ENDORSED (unless Bacon King PMs me first on election day).

I want to thank you, Lief, for your endorsement of this exploratory committee. Rest assured, we will contact you long before BK even knows it's election day!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

ENDORSED (unless Bacon King PMs me first on election day).

I want to thank you, Lief, for your endorsement of this exploratory committee. Rest assured, we will contact you long before BK even knows it's election day!

We shall see about that!

Gentleman's wager: Bottle of Scotch to the winner of Lief's vote?

I accept your wager, my good man.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »

I want to thank the faceless voters in the Federalist Primary poll, that showed overwhelming support for this fine exploratory committee.

While people may be ashamed or nervous to publicly declare their love for this ticket, I do encourage you to not be afraid. No one will hurt you. Only good things can happen after a public endorsement of this ticket! I will not let you down!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »

No need to be shamed, Ben.

While my committee has not received the outpouring of flowers and well wishes that the others have, rest assured, the super accurate Atlasian polls have shown us in strong position moving forward.

The more people who endorse this committee, the strong we will be!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2013, 08:13:33 PM by Duke »

On the Vice President

Hello,

Many of you have assumed, understandably so, that my VP pick is a foregone conclusion. But be warned, this ticket is about ACTIVITY and LOVE, and while I love Cincinnatus, he himself will admit that he has not been involved very much recently after our brainchild, The Party, dismantled itself on that fateful April evening.

So, I am here to announce that I have no running-mate at this time, because this is not a full fledged campaign yet, merely an exploratory committee.

Those of you interestedin applying for the position, PM me in hearing who it will be, stay tuned!

EDIT: I am PLEASED to announce the position has been filled after interviewing a few candidates. I couldn't be more excited to spill these beans in a few short days! 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 10:08:06 PM »

Atlasia needs President Duke.

By the way, yes, I am available for SOS. 

Send me your resume, and I'll keep it in a special place until inauguration day, my good man.

The time is now. I'm proud to have you with me, Winfeld. You understand what's at stake in this election. The question is, who else does? Raise your hands, hold onto your breakfast, and JOIN us.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »

If my vote is an investment, who, out of you and Spamage, will offer me the best return? Hmm...

My portfolio has seen a 54% increase this year between January 2013 and today, outpacing the broader S&P 500 by over 30%. I think it's safe to say that I am worth investing in.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »

Like Sherlock Holmes needed Watson, Batman needed the Joker, and Bushie needed grilled hamburgers, I need a running mate. I am overwhelmed with pleasure to announce that I will be unveiling my running mate soon at a private function with plenty of booze and a few members of the media.

This is one to match all of the other campaigns who have already shot their VP load and two to show The People that this ticket is for real. You can reach out and touch us like you can touch your pup pup.

Friends, when you lay down tonight, think about what you'd want in my running mate. Ask yourself that. Then reach out and touch us. We will touch you back. It's coming. It's real.

It's time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »

Hello, friends.

It's thirsty Thursday, one of my favorite days of the week, not because I don't have class tomorrow, but I don't, not because that there is a football game tonight, because there is, but because I can drink loads of bourbon and PBR.

But tonight is special for a different reason. I am pleased to announce that a former Atlasian of grand stature will be appearing tonight right before your very eyes, like Christ shall appear one day when the rapture occurs.

This man is no stranger to presidential election, governor's races or senate races. He is a titan amongst boys, and I am proud to call him friend, lover, confidant and man of my dreams.

I am not going to reveal his identity until the time comes. Be patient though, for good things come to those who wait.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 02:16:16 AM »

He has returned! Friends, this is an example of how Atlasia can be with a President like me! Active, full of old members back to support their lovers and to support all they have done in the past

JOIN OUR MOVEMENT

JOIN OUR TICKET

ITS TIME TO SAvE THIS GAME FROM ITSELF!

I welcome back my forum husband and lover, AndrewCT, and hope you join hands with us and push our game into the 21st century.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2013, 12:43:21 PM by Duke »

I want to thank all the love and support we've received over the psst few days, and especially thank my love, Andrew, for returning to join this team of victory. We are truly going places! Just like bushie and Allison!

There will be a major announcement tomorrow afternoon concerning the course and running mate of this campaign.

We have such momentum going now that, quoting Miley Cyrus, we can't stop!

Hold onto your breakfast. We're going to SHOCK Atlasia!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2013, 01:35:29 PM by Duke »

The call today Sunday Funday for a reason. It's a day when you can sit back, relax, and have some fun with your friends. Some of us use Sunday Funday to revitalize our lives, to calm ourselves and reflect on life before the week ahead.

Friends, today is a day of revitalization and a day of new beginning. For today, I am officially announcing my candidacy for President of Atlasia, and will stand for the Federalist nomination. Together with my running mate, we will use our history of activity, dedication and sheer lovely personalities to REVITALIZE Atlasia, to bring old people back, to make this game entertaining again, and to be the true candidate of The People. The sad thing is, I have been gone for months since Marokai and I left office, and what have I missed? Well, not much. The People demand more.

Many of you will ask, Duke, how can you do this? Well, it's happening already with the return of my love AndrewCT, who came back on the HOPE that this ticket would be elected. He gave me his heart and Atlasia his heart, and I HOPE he is not let down. Can you all look in his eye and disappoint him?

To join me on the trail, I have chosen someone who embodies all I need in a running mate. Someone who is active, dedicated to his jobs, and isn't a stick in the mud. After a narrow loss for the Presidency in June, he didn't quit. He didn't go home and disappear, spending his days crying in a corner while glancing at a gun on his nightstand. He stood up for The People, remained in office and worked to better his region. That is why I chose MattfromVT to round out this DREAM TEAM - The People's Ticket by The People and for The People.

Today, friends, stand with us, hold our hands, HOLD ON TO YOUR BREAKFAST, join this Greek and Italian and support a ticket to truly bring Atlasia back from the brink! Stand with Duke and Matt, and stand with The People.

Thank you all for reading, here's my running mate, and I look forward to talking to you all on the campaign trail!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »

Big Daddy returned to Atlasia to join my campaign team and because of the excitement this ticket gave him! He will always be in my White House bedroom, but he hasn't been in Atlasia for a long time, and Matt is more than qualified to run as my VP!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

Great pick, Duke! The soon to come Federalist Primary will go down as extremely close, and if that doesn't raise activity, I don't what will.

Thank you, Lumine! Best of luck to you and Spamage during this rousing primary!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »

Y'all seem like a force to be reckoned with. Can you elaborate your positions on energy and the Environment?

Thank you for your question, dear boy.

Matt and I plan to publish our platform in due time, probably after I get back from New York on Sunday of this week, but I can tell you about my energy positions, however vague they may be at this moment.

I served 12 terms in the Senate between 2009-2011, if you did not know, so I am older than most here and have a long record of successes and failures. During my time there, I authored a few energy bills. One was creating a federal fund for businesses to borrow money with the sole purpose of investing it in making themselves "green." Another was giving corporate tax breaks to companies who reduced their carbon footprint by X amount. I also supported a massive expansion of light rail in all corridors of this country and worked with the IDS legislature while in the senate to send them money to improve the efficiency of our region's transportation system.

Marokai and I passed a cash for clunkers like program through the senate during my time as VP, where we took many old cars off the road and replaced them with energy efficient vehicles.

Finally, I tried and failed to replace the carbon tax with a cap and trade system, who's goal was to reduce the overall number of emission credit to a certain level by 2015. I have supported land conservation, increasing nuclear power, and nearly any measure to make our planet a cleaner, safer place for our future generations.  Energy independence not only improves our environment, but it makes us less dependent on other countries to fuel our transportation system, which is the nation's lifeline.

Hope that somewhat gives you an idea of where we stand on energy and the environment. I lead by example, and my record is clear and shows I have a lovely green thumb and respect for mother nature.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

Anytime, Mr. GAworth! Thanks for giving our ticket consideration!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

I have not yet endorsed anyone at all, but if I were a voter in the Federalist primary I would support Duke/Matt over Spamage.

When you come up with a dollar amount for your endorsement, let me know.

I support you guys, but I feel bad for Spamage. He has been a great governor for my region and I hope he stays involved in Atlasia, if you guys win the primary.

His work isn't finished in the Pacific. If we manage to win the primary, consider it my gift to your region instead of feeling sad!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »

How much are you willing to pay for me to pledge fealty, Duke?

The good news is, this campaign is flush with money, as I am older than the hills and have connections in places you could only dream.

Name your price and I am positive I can outbid any other suitor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »

I want to thank you, Senator Maxwell, for making not necessarily the easiest decision, but the right one. It takes courage to support such a radically handsome ticket, a ticket that has not only taken this game by storm, but brought back legends and filled the hearts of hundreds with hope that a brighter future is over those hills and inside the cupboard where your mother stores the chocolate chip cookies.

The time is now. With breakfast hot on the table, we encourage one and all to gather round and take some bacon, ask some questions and consider joining the already 10s of peoples who have already uprooted their families to join us on this journey.

Once again, a big thank you to Maxwell. We look forward to taking your hand and leading you around with us on the trail.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »

Tonight, friends, we lost a good man in this game. While Spamage and I were going to be bitter opponents in this most dangerous game, I held tremendous respect for the boy. I wish him the best in his future endeavors and he will be in my thoughts as he deals with the issues he desperately needs to focus on.

I will take time to reflect on the serve Spamage has given this great nation, and I ask all of you, Federalist or nonfederalist, to join me in wishing him the best. No one wants to be alone when dealing with tragedies such as this...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies