Would Right Wing Forumites be Happier...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:56:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would Right Wing Forumites be Happier...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
YES!!

NO!!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Would Right Wing Forumites be Happier...  (Read 2738 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

....if there was more Republicans than Democrats? I would actually be happier if it was equal 20(D)/20(R)/20(I)/20(L)/20(G) instead of like 60(D)/20(R)/10(I)/6(L)/4(G)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »

You want all of the parties to be equal? You damn commie! Angry
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »

Having 40% of the Forum being Libertarians or Greens would be insufferable...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »

I thought affirmative action was illegal!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »

No.  Unless it's 100-0, far right ideologues will always feel victimized and outnumbered.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »

Why?  Why would we want to turn the Atlas into a simple extension of contemporary society by injecting it with a mass of capitalist swine?  I doubt even the resident right-wingers would like that!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »

No.  Unless it's 100-0, far right ideologues will always feel victimized and outnumbered.

In what way does "Right Wing Forumites" become equal to "far right ideologues"?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »

If you're not a far right ideologue, you're a liberal RINO.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

It's more about tone than numbers. I don't mind the forum being 60-70% lefties. My problem is with grand unified theory statements* about how the GOP is the root of all evil, a refusal on the part of some posters to argue in good faith ("Socons just want to control women"), and insults from some of the red avatars.

Case in point:

Why?  Why would we want to turn the Atlas into a simple extension of contemporary society by injecting it with a mass of capitalist swine?  I doubt even the resident right-wingers would like that!

There are plenty of left wing posters who make excellent contributions to the forum, and blue avatars should be able to defend their ideas from criticism. The issues with a Dem majority only come up when the quality of discourse goes down.

*As Torie puts it.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »

It's more about tone than numbers. I don't mind the forum being 60-70% lefties. My problem is with grand unified theory statements* about how the GOP is the root of all evil, a refusal on the part of some posters to argue in good faith ("Socons just want to control women"), and insults from some of the red avatars.

Case in point:

There are plenty of left wing posters who make excellent contributions to the forum, and blue avatars should be able to defend their ideas from criticism. The issues with a Dem majority only come up when the quality of discourse goes down.

*As Torie puts it.

Why do you take me seriously when I write things like that?  Do you think I actually talk like this? 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 05:08:01 PM »

In terms of forum balance, I think right-wing forumites now have it about as good as they can expect at any point in the next year or two. I haven't been around consistently since 2005, but I've noticed that the forum seems to have an infusion of whichever side loses an election in the following year, followed by a more balanced consistency in the months leading up to the next election (usually lefty-dominated). If this is true, then we should begin to see more lefties pouring in within the next few months.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 05:17:21 PM »

If you're not a far right ideologue, you're a liberal RINO.

Voices in any particular institution don't determine who's right-wing and who's not.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »

Case in point:

*As Torie puts it.

Why do you take me seriously when I write things like that?  Do you think I actually talk like this? 

Using the phrase "Capitalist Swine"? No

Using Ad Hominem? Yes
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 10:07:21 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2013, 10:10:06 PM by HockeyDude »

Case in point:

Why?  Why would we want to turn the Atlas into a simple extension of contemporary society by injecting it with a mass of capitalist swine?  I doubt even the resident right-wingers would like that!

*As Torie puts it.

Why do you take me seriously when I write things like that?  Do you think I actually talk like this?  

Using the phrase "Capitalist Swine"? No

Using Ad Hominem? Yes

Ok, let me put it in sweetheart terms then.  I think some of the appeal of the Atlas IS it's leftward lean, specifically when it comes to economics, because it is therefore vastly different than the country (since most of us are Americans and this IS U.S. Election Atlas) as a whole, who tend to trust in the free market and prefer capitalism.  This actually appeals to the right wingers on the Atlas as well, because they'll stick out more.  If the forum was more balanced, aka more conservatives (who would tend to identify with capitalism) came here, that current appeal might be lost as the Atlas would resemble the "real world" more.

^ Now I could write that, but I sound like such a Moderate Hero... and we all know that they are the worst type of evil.  I'd much rather go with my original statement, with the Atlas having the knowledge that I am saying it in a bit of a tongue-in-cheek manner.  
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:31 AM »

On here, sure, only slightly though. At first I thought it would be just as bad as I would have to argue over more authoritarian neoconservatives, but most people who join the forum happen to be very libertarian, so yes.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »

....if there was more Republicans than Democrats? I would actually be happier if it was equal 20(D)/20(R)/20(I)/20(L)/20(G) instead of like 60(D)/20(R)/10(I)/6(L)/4(G)
The forum is dominated by youngs.  Youngs today are strongly Democratic even compared to other generations when they were young.

I have no doubt that when you are old enough to vote, you'll probably be a Democrat too, Mr. Enderman.  I say this as a former Republican who went to a fundamentalist Christian middle school.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 05:21:54 AM »

Most right wingers use social networks to cram their political views down other peoples' throats. Ergo, forums are a left wing and libertarian haven.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 06:39:08 AM »

It is what it is. Either way I love coming here.

This, and while there is a high number of left-wingers here, there are still plenty of conservatives, libertarians and independents here too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »

No, I'd just be happier if there were less kids and their stupid .gifs.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 09:06:37 AM »

Echo chambers are boring, I'm glad it's this way.  I've got a half dozen lefties on ignore and still have plenty of 'em to discuss sh**t with.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 02:51:17 PM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »

Deal with it, old man
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »

I'm an old and I'll GIF all damn day.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 04:48:02 PM »

I'd be sad if more right wingers joined. For the most part, the new republicans are mainly kids, trolls and crazies. It just gives the right wing a terrible name. Imagine all the work I've done to bring blue avatars respect only to be shat on by new people!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »

I'm an old and I'll GIF all damn day.
Thank God this was saved from the Hot Girls Thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies