john bolton is a good man.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  john bolton is a good man.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ...
agree

disagree.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: john bolton is a good man.  (Read 3709 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »

agree.

basically right on most foreign policy issues.  his personality is a bit abrasive though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »

reported for trolling
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »

a discussion of john bolton is trolling?

i get tired of posting 'opinion of....' threads with ff and hp as the options.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »

I forget who said it, but I believe that "blood-gargling psychopath" is probably the right description for John Bolton.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »

I forget who said it, but I believe that "blood-gargling psychopath" is probably the right description for John Bolton.

how exactly is he a 'psycopath?'
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »

WM, please find a new shtick.  Even Snowstalker's 'Anti-Capitalism Populist Hero' gimmick is less annoying than whatever the hell this is.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »

He is a good man, but it should be more like "Opinion of John Bolton."
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2013, 06:53:51 PM by Zioneer »

Well for starters, he was fully in favor of the Iraq War based on WMDs, even though there was and still isn't any evidence of Iraqi WMDs. Second, he falsely claimed that Cuba, of all places, had WMDs, and presumably would be in favor of the same result as Iraq. Third, he's described Palestinian statehood as "a ploy", even though Palestinians clearly want a nation of their own. Fourth, he derailed an anti-bioweapons conference just because it might inspect the US.[/url] Fifth, he basically said that the UN should be the US's handpuppet. (this one is live footage of him speaking, by the way).

Additionally, Bolton is both in favor of bombing Iran, and is a supporter of the People's Mujahedin Organization of Iran, which has been classified as a terrorist organization for decades and which took part in the 1979 revolution. According to his Wiki page, he also supported the Vietnam war, but enlisted in a National Guard unit because "opponents of the Vietnam War made it certain that we could not prevail", making him a chickenhawk as well.

Bolton is a terrible, terrible person.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »

Well for starters, he was fully in favor of the Iraq War based on WMDs, even though there was and still isn't any evidence of Iraqi WMDs. Second, he falsely claimed that Cuba, of all places, had WMDs, and presumably would be in favor of the same result as Iraq. Third, he's described Palestinian statehood as "a ploy", even though Palestinians clearly want a nation of their own. Fourth, he derailed an anti-bioweapons conference just because it might inspect the US.[/url] Fifth, he basically said that the UN should be the US's handpuppet. (this one is live footage of him speaking, by the way).

Additionally, Bolton is [url=http://www.jpost.com/Iranian-Threat/News/John-Bolton-Israel-should-have-attacked-Iran-yesterday-319945]both in favor of bombing Iran
, and is a supporter of the People's Mujahedin Organization of Iran, which has been classified as a terrorist organization for decades and which took part in the 1979 revolution. According to his Wiki page, he also supported the Vietnam war, but enlisted in a National Guard unit because "opponents of the Vietnam War made it certain that we could not prevail", making him a chickenhawk as well.

he was right on the iraq war, as history has proven.  and i think we have to be careful of our enemies using cuba as a potential base to carry out attacks on the us.  this is no different than the cold war, really.

i disagree with bolton on palestinian statehood.  but the israelis need a reliable partner in peace.  thus far palestinians opt for terrorists and terrorism.

and i dont want the un inspecting our weapons either.  and yes we should use our power to influence the un.  i dont see how that is radical?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »

Additionally, Bolton is [url=http://www.jpost.com/Iranian-Threat/News/John-Bolton-Israel-should-have-attacked-Iran-yesterday-319945]both in favor of bombing Iran
, and is a supporter of the People's Mujahedin Organization of Iran, which has been classified as a terrorist organization for decades and which took part in the 1979 revolution. According to his Wiki page, he also supported the Vietnam war, but enlisted in a National Guard unit because "opponents of the Vietnam War made it certain that we could not prevail", making him a chickenhawk as well.

he was right on the iraq war, as history has proven.  and i think we have to be careful of our enemies using cuba as a potential base to carry out attacks on the us.  this is no different than the cold war, really.

i disagree with bolton on palestinian statehood.  but the israelis need a reliable partner in peace.  thus far palestinians opt for terrorists and terrorism.

and i dont want the un inspecting our weapons either.  and yes we should use our power to influence the un.  i dont see how that is radical?

dude stop it. Your trolling is killing me.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »

Not on the issues.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 11:18:58 PM »

I find it hilarious that he supports the MEK despite his fervent anti-communism.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 11:50:03 PM »

Oh, okay, I get it. So you're a Scoop Jackson Democrat.

But seriously, do you not read the news? Plenty of the guys who said "Iraq definitely has WMDs" have admitted that they made it up.

And this isn't the Cold War anymore, and Cuba would be just fine with us if we dropped that insane embargo that we only keep around anymore because Florida.

And why do you think Palestinians opt for terrorism? Could it be because Israel is building on the land they promised to the Palestinians and violently suppressing any opposition to that? And mistreating the Arabs in Israeli society regardless?

And John Bolton wasn't talking about using our power to influence the UN, he was saying that the UN should basically be a vehicle for US interests to be internationally legitimized. That's completely different and insane. And why shouldn't the UN inspect the possibility of the US government having CHEMICAL WEAPONS?

And you have no opinion on the fact that he literally supports a terrorist group?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 05:23:59 AM »

yeah this shtick is getting really old
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »

he was right on the iraq war, as history has proven.

Lol.

Really, you need to be either blind or totally ignorant to say that, esspecially after 10 years.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know you're rather slow in picking up global developments so you believing it's still 1962 is not surprising.

Yeah, cuz every Palestinian is a terrorist. That's why they rejected the Oslo Accords...

Oh wait.

And yet the U.S. had a moral credibility to demand other countries to have their weapons inspected. 
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 06:41:29 AM »

John Bolton is one of the most vile human beings to have ever held office in the United States.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »

John Bolton is one of the most vile human beings to have ever held office in the United States.

Does UN ambassador for a year and four months even count as having held office? I mean, sure it's "prestigious" and he said a lot of awful things while "serving" (and was all around an awful person), but it's not like he was Secretary of State or anything.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »

Does UN ambassador for a year and four months even count as having held office? I mean, sure it's "prestigious" and he said a lot of awful things while "serving" (and was all around an awful person), but it's not like he was Secretary of State or anything.

No but the job does carry Cabinet rank, even though it's not an official Cabinet position.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »

Disagree.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 01:05:58 PM »

No but the job does carry Cabinet rank, even though it's not an official Cabinet position.

Whether the UN Ambassador is enjoying a cabinet-level statuus depends pretty much on each administration. It was not a cabinet rank under Dubya, while it's now under Obama (and some Presidents).
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »

Definitely agree.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2013, 01:58:32 PM by Torie »

The trolling dog rarely hunts with me. No action on the report.

Oh, I am ambivalent about Bolton, so I abstain.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »

I like the fact he busted the balls at the U.N., which I think should go away permanently.  He was a very undiplomatic diplomat.....that part is good.
BullyGirl
Rookie
United States
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2023, 01:07:44 PM »

What do people think of him now that he’s running for President?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies