The GOP's problem, in 2 sentences
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:53:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The GOP's problem, in 2 sentences
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The GOP's problem, in 2 sentences  (Read 2719 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »

Why is every damn thread on this thread board anti-GOP? I hate them just as much as you do democrats, but why is everything about how the GOP is so extreme? I get it, its a problem, meanwhile I hear absolutely no news for the democratic party, which truly says something.

Most liberals dont really have lives and tend to sit alone on their computers a lot, plus good amount of them are probably disgruntled college grads with no jobs. Furthermore, considering most conservatives are elderly, they probably dont know how to use computers anyway.

So, when you combine the two, its not really a surprise. Ever wonder why Lief has so many posts?

I just accepted a job offer at one of the top law firms in New York City. What are you doing with your life kiddo?

Congratulation, I’m sure you realize that expectations of your well-meaning wisdoms are now elevated, all the best.

Wait, did t_host1 just post a coherent sentence?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »

>Libertarian calling liberals disgruntled college grads with no jobs

Right, because we're the ones spamming RON PAUL 2012 RON PAUL 2012 on 9/11 truther videos.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »

The contradiction between individual and collective interests.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »

It would be a lie of omission to ignore the role of religion in making the GOP so supremely insane. When you wrap yourself in Jesus (or Allah or whatever in other places), you can get away with anything.

Not just religion, but American right-wing Christianity (which includes but is not limited to much of the white "evangelical" movement.)

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »

Why is every damn thread on this thread board anti-GOP? I hate them just as much as you do democrats, but why is everything about how the GOP is so extreme? I get it, its a problem, meanwhile I hear absolutely no news for the democratic party, which truly says something.

Most liberals dont really have lives and tend to sit alone on their computers a lot, plus good amount of them are probably disgruntled college grads with no jobs. Furthermore, considering most conservatives are elderly, they probably dont know how to use computers anyway.

So, when you combine the two, its not really a surprise. Ever wonder why Lief has so many posts?

I just accepted a job offer at one of the top law firms in New York City. What are you doing with your life kiddo?

Congratulation, I’m sure you realize that expectations of your well-meaning wisdoms are now elevated, all the best.

Not really. I mean, I didn't get much out of it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:25 PM »

Not really. I mean, I didn't get much out of it.
Kinda makes ya miss nkpatel, now doesn't it? Tongue
hopper
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 12:03:38 AM »

Well the Dems are mostly left of center on most issues yeah but they aren't far-left on most things. I strongly disagree with their policies except on a few social issues. I just don't like these idealogical purity tests of the R's ever since the Tea Party has taken over things. The Tea Party remind of little kids in that they don't get they want they throw a temper tantrum. The Tea Party expects to do whatever they want and not ever work with Democrats. Sorry that's not the way the political system works. The Tea Party is costing us Asian, Hispanic, and Suburban Black Voters. I mean Bob Bennet and Saxby Chambliss aren't conservative enough for our party?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 12:24:04 AM »

>Libertarian calling liberals disgruntled college grads with no jobs

Right, because we're the ones spamming RON PAUL 2012 RON PAUL 2012 on 9/11 truther videos.

no, you're the ones reading them Tongue
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

What reality are you living in?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »

There's no problem, what you guys think is a bug is actually a feature.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »

I'm an Accounts Payable Clerk, moron.
old dog
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

1.  Inability to control the narrative.

2.  Excessive pandering to social conservatives.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »

[quote author=old dog link=topic=179347.msg3877651#msg3877651 date

2.  Excessive pandering to social conservatives.

[/quote]

The party's economic platform is just as absurd.

"Tax cuts for the rich will pay for themselves!"
"We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem!"
"Get your government hands off my Medicare!"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies