Toss Up States
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:58:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Toss Up States
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Toss Up States  (Read 4300 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 11:06:29 PM »

I could call Florida a bellwether state, but with all things being equal it would vote Republican.

Republicans are definitely much more organized there. They know that they need Florida more than the Democrats.

I can't believe Florida went for Obama. I've lived there and at the state level it's safe Republican.

Just like how some states can be competitive on the state level when it isn't competitive on the federal level the flip side can be true as well.  Combine that with obscene gerrymandering and Cubans turning HARD against the GOP last year, there is your explanation.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »

I could call Florida a bellwether state, but with all things being equal it would vote Republican.

Republicans are definitely much more organized there. They know that they need Florida more than the Democrats.

I can't believe Florida went for Obama. I've lived there and at the state level it's safe Republican.

Just like how some states can be competitive on the state level when it isn't competitive on the federal level the flip side can be true as well.  Combine that with obscene gerrymandering and Cubans turning HARD against the GOP last year, there is your explanation.

I live there too! Hi!
But Republicans statewide generally do better than national elections, by a few percentage points. It isn't safe Republican but it is lean Republican, even though there are 500,000 more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state itself which is really sad for the Florida Democratic Party.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies