The FPR, Round 2 (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:49:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The FPR, Round 2 (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: The FPR, Round 2 (Passed)  (Read 3997 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 12:12:37 PM »

3-5-0-2 with Xahar and Maxwell not voting.

This one ends is 27 hours or so as well.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 07:23:02 PM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »

Vote on Amendment 57:16:

Aye (3): NC Yankee, TJ in Cleve and Tmthforu94
Nay (6): bore, Gass3268, Maxwell, Napoleon, sbane, and TNF
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (1): Xahar

The amendment has been rejected.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2013, 01:29:36 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »

I object.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »

I concur. Restrictions should only be lifted if Israel is serious about the peace process and is willing to meet the Palestinians half way. The President and the DoEA can decide when that has happened.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

I object as well, I cannot accept anything less then full military restrictions.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 06:38:09 AM »

I object as well, I cannot accept anything less then full military restrictions.

This is my position. I will personally see to it that no FPR escapes the Senate without full military restrictions on Israel.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »

Private negotiations first is the way to go. Israel is our greatest ally in the region and the current version will severely jeopardize that and only further alienate them. There are better ways to communicate our concerns to the Israeli government, but unfortunately the majority in this chamber have absolutely no interest in reaching a bi-partisan solution.

I will be a solid Nay against the current version. It amazes me how far to the left this Senate is turning - it is my hope that the October elections changes that.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »

Private negotiations first is the way to go. Israel is our greatest ally in the region and the current version will severely jeopardize that and only further alienate them. There are better ways to communicate our concerns to the Israeli government, but unfortunately the majority in this chamber have absolutely no interest in reaching a bi-partisan solution.

I will be a solid Nay against the current version. It amazes me how far to the left this Senate is turning - it is my hope that the October elections changes that.

Why do you want Atlasia to directly support, with arms, the occupation of Palestine?

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »

Why do you want Atlasia to directly support, with arms, the occupation of Palestine?
Why do you want to say untrue things about me?

I have stated before that the Atlasian government needs to push Israel, but it needs to be in a reasonable and responsible manor. Placing full restrictions on them will only further alienate them, which I don't see solving the problem one bit.

Hopefully the SoEA will chime in on this soon.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »

I have stated before that the Atlasian government needs to push Israel, but it needs to be in a reasonable and responsible manor. Placing full restrictions on them will only further alienate them, which I don't see solving the problem one bit.

Supporting Israel in any way, shape, or form = supporting apartheid
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »

Supporting Israel in any way, shape, or form = supporting apartheid

Exactly! Look into Bishop Demond Tutu views on Israel, he knows a thing or two about apartheid.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »

From the looks of it, I ended the amendment three hours too early yesterday. Must have accidentally looked at the wrong bill's information.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor Feedback: Hostile
Status: A vote is now open on the above amendment, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 04:20:27 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2013, 04:23:08 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Aye

Here's a thought: Why don't we actually TRY to negotiate with Israel and meet them before putting restrictions on them? According to both SoEA's offices, that hasn't taken place. We're not even really "threatening" them with this restriction - we're blindsiding them with it. We don't even have an updated status on Israel since nothing has been done by the administration, to my knowledge, to work with them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »

Seriously people you are so knee jerk on this issue that you haven't even noticed that not only does my amendment give Nix the power to bump it up to Full Military but also Full Economic restrictions, should it be deemed as a practical means to attain compliance with the FPR's stated goals. Really Roll Eyes

Are those goals not reflective? They should be changed, then. Do you not trust the administration? Does Nix not trust himself?

AYE
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 04:38:55 PM »

NAY.

No to compromise with apartheid.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »

Nay
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »

Nay
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 11:10:44 PM »

It amazes me how far to the left this Senate is turning - it is my hope that the October elections changes that.

Also I don't know how you can say this is a result of a far left Senate. Full military restrictions is supported by members of all three parties in the Senate.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 11:39:40 PM »

It amazes me how far to the left this Senate is turning - it is my hope that the October elections changes that.

Not wanting Atlasian arms and money to flow to a state engaging in ethnic cleansing and apartheid-like tactics is exclusively a position of the left these days?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 12:48:34 PM »

I think we need to remember here that the current policy is actually quite moderate- we're not talking about economic sanctions, which would actually harm Israeli citizens, instead, all we're talking about is stopping Israel buying even more weapons from us. Considering that Israel has broken numerous international laws, and has a dodgy record on human rights, that, if anything seems to lenient.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »

Aye, the change seems reasonable enough.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 02:58:47 PM »

I think we need to remember here that the current policy is actually quite moderate- we're not talking about economic sanctions, which would actually harm Israeli citizens, instead, all we're talking about is stopping Israel buying even more weapons from us. Considering that Israel has broken numerous international laws, and has a dodgy record on human rights, that, if anything seems to lenient.

Don't forget your vote! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »

I would not envision the use of economic sanctions. But as an arrow in the quiver so to speak to leverage them to the table if you know what I mean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies