Bush 51/43 in Florida - 56% Approval Rating - Mason-Dixon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush 51/43 in Florida - 56% Approval Rating - Mason-Dixon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush 51/43 in Florida - 56% Approval Rating - Mason-Dixon  (Read 4128 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 10:49:46 PM »
« edited: April 05, 2004, 11:00:47 PM by The Vorlon »

As bad news as the Mason Dixon Florida poll is for Kerry, Michigan Survey USA poll showing Kerry up 51 - 41 has got to lift the spirits of the Kerry faithful.  I expected Michigan to have Kerry up 3 to 5 pts.

We are truly two nations.  Culturally, Socially, politically.  Red and blue states might as well be two separate countries.  

Mason Dixons a real good firm, but +8 for Bush in Florida is a tad high IMHO.

Similarly, I think +10 for Kerry in Michigan is a tad over the top..

Kerry +5 in Michigan
Bush +2 in Florida.

That would be the consensus estimate.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2004, 11:14:47 PM »

florida:

Bush/Cheney 56%
Kerry Edwards 43%

I think Kerry will eek out Florida in the end.  I still have faith that Bush is going to look like a jackass in the debates.  

Florida:

Kerry/Edwards- 50.50%
Bush/Cheney- 49.75%
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2004, 11:21:08 PM »

florida:

Bush/Cheney 56%
Kerry Edwards 43%

I think Kerry will eek out Florida in the end.  I still have faith that Bush is going to look like a jackass in the debates.  

Florida:

Kerry/Edwards- 50.50%
Bush/Cheney- 49.75%

50.50% + 49.75% = 100.25%

Surely there is more than .25% voter fraud in Dade, Broward, & Palm counties... Smiley
Rococo4

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 12:11:48 AM »

florida:

Bush/Cheney 56%
Kerry Edwards 43%

Florida:

Kerry/Edwards- 50.50%
Bush/Cheney- 49.75%

I think there was the faith that Bush would look bad in 2000 against Gore.  Didntt Happen
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2004, 12:33:10 AM »

I think there was the faith that Bush would look bad in 2000 against Gore.  Didntt Happen

Yes, and he'll be better in his debates from all of the speeches as President.  With practice, it becomes increasingly easy to strawman your opponent to death until you pause and the audience claps.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2004, 04:37:51 AM »

The "Blue state, Red state" theory is typical internet crap... look at the polls page on the Atlas...
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2004, 07:33:58 AM »

No.  It's anything but crap.  There is a social and cultural deep divide in this country that doesn't exist in Britain.  Polls consistantly show smaller numbers of swing voters.  Positions are hard on both sides.
AndyTheMan
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 10:36:41 AM »

Anyone think that if Kerry picked Senator Graham (D-FL) for Vice President that it could swing the state to him? I am sure you all know Graham is a Democrat from Florida...I just enjoy typing stuff like (D-FL) or (R-AZ) or (I-NH) and so on and so on...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2004, 10:55:57 AM »

No.  It's anything but crap.  There is a social and cultural deep divide in this country that doesn't exist in Britain.  Polls consistantly show smaller numbers of swing voters.  Positions are hard on both sides.

The social and cultural gulf between Northern and Southern England is nowadays bigger than between the South and the North in the US (I blame Thatcher)...

Look at the polls page on the Atlas. The idea that the final result of 2000 is somehow a "perfect reflection" of the US is laughable and is a typical piece of internet hysteria [post turning into anti-Blog rant again. Stops typing]
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2004, 10:55:59 AM »

Anyone think that if Kerry picked Senator Graham (D-FL) for Vice President that it could swing the state to him? I am sure you all know Graham is a Democrat from Florida...I just enjoy typing stuff like (D-FL) or (R-AZ) or (I-NH) and so on and so on...

Picking Graham would hurt Kerry in FL I think...Graham's popularity is not what it used to be since he went hard-left for his presidential campaign.

Plus, Graham is a Florida-or-nothing strategy, Graham helps in no other part of the country...and, Graham is old (as is Kerry) so if both die in office you have President Hastert (R-IL).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2004, 06:38:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The social and cultural gulf between Northern and Southern England is nowadays bigger than between the South and the North in the US (I blame Thatcher)...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Its my understanding that the North is a stagnant backwater while the South is vibrant and one of the more successful economies in the world.  In the UK.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies