Superique's Political Office - VOTE FOR MAX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Superique's Political Office - VOTE FOR MAX
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Superique's Political Office - VOTE FOR MAX  (Read 1176 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2015, 09:34:13 PM by Citizen Superique »

SUPERIQUE's POLITICAL OFFICE

An official map-headed photograph will be released soon

This is the official page from Superique's Political Office. The candidate is open for any questions, doubts and even some personal attacks (Tongue). Aside from ideological differences, the former Secretary of Internal Affairs and former Secretary of External Affairs will offer you some chicken fajitas, pizza and some fruits as you visit his office. Campaign Statements will be released over here and we expect to win any vote we can by showing our ideals and our message to The People.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »

Yay Jerry Brown.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »

The Environment and Energy Policy
“Go Green! Save Humanity”

There is an agreement between almost every scientist in the world that Global Warming is happening and we can’t do any sane energy policy if we don’t believe on that.  This year was pretty important in my life to learn even more about this matter. I was pretty astonished when I saw the Documentary “The Great Global Warming Hoax” and watching this movie was really important to me because it made me start questioning if climate change was really happening and it propelled me to learn much more about that issue. One of the most valued things that I’ve learned about that whole experience was that global warming skepticism isn’t doing any good for human beings.

The Unpredicatble Face of Gaia

The Crisis is here and global warming is happening on worrying levels. The quest against global warming is not a fight to save the Earth, but to save humanity. The biota can loose great parts of its diversity and still endure for centuries, but the human beings will face the worst consequences of climate change. Food shortages, energy crisis and massive floods may happen if we don’t take care of Earth. I’m a believer on the Gaia Theory and I think that this massive self-regulating living system called Earth is just waiting to react to the huge increase on the CO2 levels.

Even though I’m not a doomist or an alarmist like Mr. Lovelock, the developer of the Gaia Theory, I do believe that Earth is an unpredictable open and non-linear system and that even the most refined IPCC data will not be able to determine how specifically climate will change.  Imagine that we are in 1938 in France, we don’t know when Germany will attack us but you would be sure that they would attack, where would you go? When we are talking about Global Warming it’s the same situation. It’s going to happen but we don’t know when the worst things will happen so we got to be fast about dealing with it.

To protect humanity from Global Warming or at least to reduce the impacts of the increase of temperature on earth, we need to invest on solutions that will allow us to reduce our CO2 emissions by using anything other than fossil fuels. Many politicians and even some scientists like to call the “renewable” energy as those solutions for this global crisis. However, I believe that we need to be more pragmatic on those issues and our full priority should be to invest on alternatives that can have a proven record of sharp reduction on CO2 levels. Aside from marginal actions, Nuclear Energy and Solar Thermal Energy are the best and more feasible options that we have in our hands.

Fusion, baby, Fusion!

The claims that Nuclear Energy is unsafe are usually overstated and if we take a closer look at Fukushima Incident we will notice that everything happened because the plant was too old and a major natural event occurred. The Fukushima Power Plant is definitely not an example to be followed and old plants should be modernized or closed if new plants are going to be built. What we must consider is that Nuclear Energy has the best tolls to reduce CO2 emissions during energy production. Nuclear is safe, reliable and despite many claims it has less impact in our health than fossil-fueled thermal power plants. Furthermore, it’s cheaper than other Green Energy technologies as it doesn’t require subsidies and as it’s a relatively more mature source.

Brighter than the Sun

Solar Thermal Energy is also a good option for Atlasia. Investing on those plants on many states of the Pacific Region could provide an energy source as reliable and even “cleaner” than Nuclear Power. Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and many other states that have near-desert climates are going to get a real and permanent alternative for fossil fuels and this will have a crucial role in order to reduce our nation’s CO2 Emissions. The technology need more maturity however but it can prove to be one of the greatest options that we will have in a near future.

The other “renewable” energies

While I don’t oppose Eolic Energy, Photovoltaic Solar Power or Biofuels, I don’t believe that they should be the basis of our strategy to reduce pollution and CO2. All of those systems are relatively expensive and it requires many subsidies to compete with fossil fuels most of the time. While there are certain situations where there use can be worth investing, they can’t be the major focus of Atlasians’ strategy to reduce CO2 emissions and fight Global Warming. Biofuels for example are using our soil to produce fuels other than producing food or allowing nature occupies it.

Both Eolic and Bio-fuels technologies occupies lots of space and if we want to really fight global warming we must allow Gaia to reestablish its owns mechanisms of climate regulation. Less extensive Eolic plants or biofuels crops and more forests and wildlife refugees would be better. I wouldn’t oppose those kinds of approaches if they are really efficient but there are many places that investing on those sectors would not be effective and be a waste of our precious.

Furthermore, the so-called “renewable” energies do have some bad side effects. Photovoltaic and Eolic technology demands fossil fuel pants to support the power demand when there is not enough wind or enough sun, increasing CO2 levels anyway; They require space, as mentioned before, and this is going to be necessary if we want to let Gaia reestablish itself and they can stress the soil in the case of biofuels.

Fossil Fuels

Although I’m not a proud Eolic and biofuel supporter, neither am I an enthusiastic supporter of fossil fuels alternatives.  We shouldn’t keep it up with our oil and coal plants and we must close them as soon as possible. They have huge CO2 Emissions, they are not as cheap as common sense believe and they have more side-effects than any other alternative that we currently have to produce energy. From this big range of fossil fuels types, the only one that attracts me the most is Natural Gas.

I’m pretty in line with President’s Nix decision of freezing fracking for now but I think we should invest on more scientific research in order to create a safer, more reliable and cheaper alternative to diesel, oil and other fossil fuels. Natural Gas is much more efficient than other fossil fuels and its combustion produces less CO2 than the gasoline’s one.  Moreover, we have big reserves of natural gas in our country and this can be very good for Atlasia, providing more energy independence for our country. Instead of keeping up with the same position of countries like France, we need to be more pragmatic on that issue and this will be necessary if we want to change the basis of our society from oil to other energetic alternatives.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:01 AM »

Nice job, Superique, and good luck.

This race is another reason why there is so much potential in the Pacific!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »

Good luck my fellow candidate Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 11:46:58 PM »

Endorsed obvi
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:58:57 AM »

Endorsed
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »

Endorsed by the King in the North

I hereby give you the title of Lord...Lord Superique!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »

Endorsed, of course!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »

Endorsed by the King in the North

I hereby give you the title of Lord...Lord Superique!

What about Lord Ike?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 04:53:22 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

Endorsed.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 07:08:54 PM »

What the hey, endorsed....
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »

Thank you for the endorsements guys! I intend to posts more things at the weekend! My RL is a mess and I'm currently having tons of exams in school =/
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »

I would like to thank the endorsement of:

SirNick, King of the North.
Senator Napoleon
Former Everything Mr.Scott
Governor Lumine
Governor Spamage
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 06:02:59 PM »

Can I double endorse you? I liked the Mars post today!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »

I have one question:

You've done a great job at making the SoIA position one that has some meaning. Will you stay on as SoIA in a future administration if you don't happen to be elected Senator?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »

I have one question:

You've done a great job at making the SoIA position one that has some meaning. Will you stay on as SoIA in a future administration if you don't happen to be elected Senator?

I enjoyed being SoIA and I would accept keeping it up with my job. However, if it happens that I'm not elected, then I wish I could be SoEA at once in my Atlasia lifetime! Smiley
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 10:25:43 AM »

SoIA Superique endorses Flo

I would like to give my personal endorsement and first-preference for Flo. He has been a great member of the Pacific Region and has a proven record on fighting for The People Civil Liberties and for Human Rights. Furthermore, I commend his progressive way of thinking on the issues of Education, Economy, Taxation and Healthcare. As councillor of the Pacific Region, Flo has been a strong and very active voice on bringing  jobs back home and I we desperately need that kind of people in our Senate.

Thank you my fellow Atlasians, Dave bless you!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »

SoEA Superique endorses Senator Lumine

I have been a great friend of Lumine and he is one of the few members of this forum which I never doubted about his credentials when it comes to activity and productivity. Mr. Lumine was a great Archduke, a great Governor and it has been one of the greatest Senators that I've ever known. Lumine is a voice of experience, Lumine is a voice of moderation and Lumine is a chief leader when it comes to Foreign Policy in the Senate. He understands that we live in a multipolar world, he knows what the world waits of Atlasia and he is one of the few Senators that don't go partisan about the Israeli-Palestinian Issue. Summing things up, Lumine has been a great policy maker and I hope that he keeps being this wonderful Senator that he already is.

I've voted for Lumine because I know that he gives his heart for Atlasia and I hope that the Electorate follow my advice. A Senate without Lumine won't be the same and I don't want to see this happening. I would like to call everyone to vote for Lumine and you will certainly feel proud of your vote.

Good Night and Good Luck! Dave Bless!
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2015, 09:35:51 PM by Citizen Superique »

Superique endorses Maxwell for President

It’s not always that we have the crème de la crème of political parties as presidential candidates. Certainly, the main candidates running for the White House are very capable men and I have no doubt that Atlasia will be in good hands with both Max and Bore. However, I had to make a decision and that is why I would like to announce that I’m voting for Speaker Maxwell!

Maxwell has been one of the longest serving statesmen of Atlasia. He has a great level of experience on many levels of Government: he has been a great Governor, being the real father of a modern and active Midwest; he has been a great Senator; and he has also been one of the most engaged high level Atlasian politicians in terms of regional activity. In all offices that Max has been through, he has brought common sense pragmatic solutions and he was always deeply concerned with a solid and responsible fiscal policy. He has also been strongly in favor of reforms in games mechanics that can bring innovation and a more interesting and enjoyable experience for our citizens. Furthermore, unlike many right-wingers, Maxwell has always promoted individual rights and fought against huge governmental intervention over The People’s lives.

I’m also voting for Maxwell because I believe that Atlasia needs moderation and balance and I tend to fear how our country would behave with a Labor controlled Senate and a Labor Presidency. Such a scenario means that there will be less limits for excessive spending, great amount of labor regulations and high taxation and I believe that this can reduce our economic growth and make our nation less competitive in global markets. Bore is certainly a moderate Labourite but he still shares many of the same ideas of some of his allies in the Senate and he needs the support of them to keep things running smoothly in the White House. Maxwell, in the other hand, has no strings with the Labour Party, especially with the more radical segments of it, and doesn’t necessarily need to please it with his actions. This sort of independence will be good for the White House.

It's always good to keep an evil center-right President. Otherwise, the Left will miss the old times of political fighting during the Lumine Presidency and things will get boring again.

The situation that our country now lives, with above-traditional-average inflation, high unemployment and low economic growth, called for a Revolution in terms of thinking public policy and in terms of how to deal with the size of Government. Lumine started this revolution, bringing a more active Cabinet, opening dialogue in the Senate to reduce part of the Federal Government and bringing sensible reforms to the nation, but one term was not sufficient to totally accomplish the process of change that this nation has been taking. Maxwell can continue this mission and he will certainly keep bringing the change that this country needs. I hope that all of you that I hearing me can vote for Max. He deserves it and I’ll be fighting for this!

Dave bless Atlasia!
PS: Kalwejt, you have not told anything about Urquharting Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »

Thank you for your endorsement man! Much appreciated!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 06:03:52 AM »

PS: Kalwejt, you have not told anything about Urquharting Tongue
That's because I'm an Unquhart man!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies