Which party would you support?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:46:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which party would you support?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If these were the current political parties, who would you vote for?
Libertarian Federalist Party

Progressive Labor Union

Christian Whig Party

States' Rights Party

Democratic Communist Party

Populist Green Party

Christian Falangist

American Heritage Party

Radical Republican Party

Worker's Revolutionary Party

American Monarchist Party

Mountain Green Party

Pilipino Independence Party

Home Rule Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Which party would you support?  (Read 2354 times)
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2005, 09:57:36 PM »

Here is a list of fourteen U.S. political parties.  Which one would you support?

Libertarian Federalist Party
The Libertarian Federalist Party has the most seats of any political party in the Continental Assembly (lower house of the U.S. Congress), but lacks the needed majority by twenty one seats.  The Broad Front Coalition (led by the Progressive Labor Union) instead has control of the Continental Assembly.

The Libertarian Federalist Party is the primary conservative party in the United States.  Current President Lott has received high numbers because of his handlings of the recent Mexican nationalist terrorist attack on the Global Economic Towers in the U.S. capital of Boston.  The Libertarian Federalist Party supports a strong interventionist policy and the crackdown of southern Hispanics, the privatization of the school system and social security, and a smaller government.  They are very strict on gun control.

The also support the Thirty fourth Amendment banning abortion but they oppose the creation of a constitutional amendment allowing non-natural born citizens run for president (however, they are willing to compromise).  Their symbol is the Liberty Bell in the grasps of a bald eagle.

Progressive Labor Union
The Progressive Labor Union is the leading party in the majority Broad Front Coalition.  The Progressive Labor Union is a centrist-left political party that supports populist ideas and is very popular in the Midwest.  They support bills cutting the power of company farmers and tax cuts for small farmers.  The Progressive Labor Union also supports tax cuts and more isolationist foreign policy.

The Progressive Labor Union has supported the Fortieth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which legally defines one’s right to own a weapon (a weapon legal under the Forty first Amendment) and the creation of a militia that can, under wartime conditions, be placed under the control of the U.S. Congress or state legislature.  Their symbol is half of a cogwheel with wheat stalks in the middle.

Christian Whig Party
The Christian Whig Party is the second largest part in the Broad Front Coalition, and the third largest in the Continental Assembly.  They support many of the same policies of the Progressive Labor Union, except that the Christian Whig Party is predominately Hispanic and supports some of the ideas that Pope John XXVI proposes.

They go along with the Libertarian Federalist Party in their support of the Thirty Forth Amendment, but do support a constitutional amendment allowing non-natural born citizens run for president (their leader, MC Jose Zapatero is native of Spain and wants to be president). 

Their largest supporters are labor unions in the Caribbean and the Ismuth states (Panama, Darien, and etcetera).  Their symbol is bald eagle with a snake in its mouth landing on a cactus (from its glory days as the main power in central Mexico).

States’ Rights Party
The States’ Rights Party in the third of four parties in the Broad Front Coalition.  The States’ Rights Party is the most conservative party in the Broad Front Coalition.  They did support the government’s decision to legalize militias but did want stricter gun control (the Forty first Amendment) and government regulation of militias.

In the past, the States’ Rights Party was an apartheid and white supremacist party.  Born from the ashes of the American Civil War, they grew strong in the 1870’s and 1880’s but began to die in the 1920’s after several scandals destroyed them, and the fanatics took over.  Over the past twenty years, the party has moderated and no longer calls for the reenslavement of African-Americans.  There symbol is a white star on a blue field.

Democratic Communist Party
The Democratic Communist Party is the smallest and most left-leaning party in the Broad Front Coalition.  The Democratic Communist Party, in the past, was a hard line, militant Marxist party.  In 1992, the more moderate wing of the party took over and added the word “democratic” to its name, but it still remains the Continental Assembly’s most liberal party.

The Democratic Communist Party has supported the Fortieth Amendment and was the party behind the Forty Second Amendment which gave labor unions more power.  They support gay marriage and a general welfare state (so does the rest of the Broad Front Coalition).  Their symbol is an arm holding a hammer (think the Arm and Hammer logo).

Populist Green Party
The Populist Green Party is the U.S. member party in Green Party International, where it gets most of its funding (the Deutsche Grüne Parti, DGP, is the current ruling party in the Imperial Reichstag).  The Populist Green Party had originally been a member of the Broad Front Coalition, but the Fortieth Amendment forced them to split.  Most of their power lies behind the Committee of Correspondences.

Their platform revolves around the Four Pillars of the Green Party, which are ecology, social justice, grassroots democracy, and non-violence.  They are pro-gay marriage and are opposed to gun control and the criminalization of marijuana and tobacco.  They are the third most powerful party behind the Libertarian Populists and Progressive Labor and their votes usually decided which way an issue goes.  Their symbol is a flower with a globe in the center.

Christian Falangist Party
The Christian Falangist Party is a totalitarian clerical fascist party that originally started out as a pro-Carlist Catholic fascist party that evolved into a white supremacist Protestant fascist party over time.  The pro-Carlist stance of America had developed in the early 1880’s and existed until the Carlists won the Spanish throne in 1935, while the Falagne philosophy was brought over immediately before the Fourth Carlist War.

The Christian Falangist Party supports the creation of a corporate state with no class struggle and a vertical trade union joining owners and workers; integrating Christian ideals into every day life and having Christianity the state religion; creating a race of super-human whites; pride in the past of the United States; and a staunch anti-communist agenda.  The Christian Falangist Party is very popular with the Religious Right.  Their symbol is fasces of arrows.

American Heritage Party
The American Heritage Party is a very conservative American party that broke away from the Libertarian Federalist Party in the early 1980’s.  They attract some members of the Religious Right disenfranchised by the Christian Falangist Party.  They are controversial for their reactionary platform and their anti-Semitic and anti-African American teachings.

Their basic platform is to return America back to its “glory days” of the 1930’s, right before the Great Depression and the Roaring Twenties.  They want to ban alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and that “God damn rap music”.  They want to ban abortion and doctor assisted suicide and an increase in property tax, but repeal the income tax.  The American Heritage Party also wants to repeal the New Deal.  Their symbol is a donkey.

Radical Republican Party
The Radical Republican Party grew out of the Republican Party of the American Civil War that advocated the complete emancipation of African Americans and a harsh reconstruction for the South.  Their goals where met, and they weren’t very well loved.  The Radical Republican Party died with Reconstruction, but was revised by civil rights activist Doctor Malcolm Little.

Doctor Little laid out a very liberal plan.  He wanted complete equal civil and social rights for all American citizens, which they continue to pursue today.  They want universal health care coverage for all Americans and a very well funded welfare system for the poor.  Their symbol is a hand raised in the black power salute.

Worker’s Revolutionary Party
The Worker’s Revolutionary Party of America is a militant Marxist party that calls for a violent overthrow off the current government and install a communist government in America, ala the Soviet Union of our timeline.  They currently have two elected members of congress, but neither of them has actually taken their seats because it would mean recognizing the U.S. government.  Their symbol is a hand grasping an assault rifle.

American Monarchist Party
The American Monarchist Party is a single issue party that calls for the establishment of an American monarchy.  It wants the presidency replaced with a hereditary monarchy and the Senate replaced with the House of Lords.  They have perpetually elected their only member of congress from the constituency of Fargo, Shoshone for the past sixty years.

Mountain Green Party
The Mountain Green Party is a very active political party in the state of Kanawha.  It is a progressive ecological party that wants an end to mountaintop removal form of coal mining and regulation of timber and the complete disbandment of clear cutting.  They also want campaign reform, universal healthcare, and corporate welfare.

Pilipino Independence Party
The Pilipino Independence Party is a single issue party that wants a referendum in all the Pilipino states over the issue of Pilipino independence.  They are quite popular in some regions, and the governor of Luzon from 1993 to 1997 was from the Pilipino Independence Party (he ran as a Pilipino Independence Party but ruled as a Libertarian Federalist).

Home Rule Party
The Home Rule Party of Hawaii is the ruling party of the state of Hawaii for the pat two years.  The Home Rule Party was formed as a coalition of concerned Hawaiians who felt that the various people they elected to Boston weren’t doing what was right for Hawaii.  So they formed the Home Rule Party, a party for Hawaiians by Hawaiians.  A very radical wing of the party wants Hawaiian independence and the restoration of the Hawaiian monarchy.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 11:14:50 PM »

this poll shouln't hvae been buried.

I'd vote for the Democratic Communists.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:23:35 PM »

it's a tough call between the Progressive Labor Union and the Populist Green Party, but i'll follow my conscience and choose the latter.  it doesn't mean i will be voting for each and every candidate who happens to be a Green, but it comes closest to my most deeply held beliefs. 
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 11:23:47 PM »

Progressive Labor Union, I guess.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 12:10:03 AM »

PLU
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 12:14:51 AM »

Christian Whig Party.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 12:43:35 AM »

Lots of choices, but they all suck. It's a well written poll, but there is no true libertarian party, which is inexcusable with that many options.

I didn't vote.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 12:46:34 AM »

I'm having the same problem as Bob...I think with this many parties some sort of libertarian (preferably moderate libertarian) one would be nice.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 01:50:08 AM »

This list sucks.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 05:38:07 AM »

Mountain or Pilipino. Grin

When did Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen change their name to Deutsche Grüne Partei?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 06:39:09 AM »

Libertarian Federalist Party but my second choice would be the Christian Whig Party.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 07:00:09 AM »

Progressive Labor Union
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 08:01:13 AM »

Sheesh, not very pleasant choices.  I'll take the Greens, please, as they seem the most socially liberal.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 08:07:28 AM »

All of those parties suck. And the Federalist Libertarians need to change their name if they support gun control.

I'd start my own party - since Libertarian is already being used I'd call it the Classical Liberal Party or something to that effect.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 08:15:25 AM »

greens.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 04:53:28 PM »

States Rights party.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 05:26:44 PM »

All of those parties suck. And the Federalist Libertarians need to change their name if they support gun control.

I'd start my own party - since Libertarian is already being used I'd call it the Classical Liberal Party or something to that effect.

How about the Constitutional Libertarian Party? I'll join up!

That might work. Of course, by the sounds of it they've torn the Constitution to shreds, so that might not be the best thing to name the party. Tongue

The one good thing I can say about this scenario is that it's a multi-party system where more than just two parties have power- so starting a new party might actually give you a chance of success.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 05:32:42 PM »

American Heritage
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 06:54:11 PM »

American Monarchist.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 07:26:40 PM »

Might I ask why? Perhaps, because none of the others are any good?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 07:37:13 PM »

Might I ask why? Perhaps, because none of the others are any good?

Bingo.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 07:38:56 PM »

I am the other one to have cast the monarchist vote, for the very same reason.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 07:45:17 PM »

Hawai'ian home rule party. B/c I don't like the others and introducing a new monachy nowdays is stupid.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 07:50:32 PM »

Perhaps a bit of back story on this one could help. 

How did we get here?  What is the current global situation?  What are the policies of Pope John?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 11:29:24 AM »

the Milk and Cereal party.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies