Favorite Sen. Robert KKK Byrd Quote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:18:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Favorite Sen. Robert KKK Byrd Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which is your favorite Sen. Byrd quote?
Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Favorite Sen. Robert KKK Byrd Quote  (Read 8590 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 05:02:28 AM »

I'm not aware of Lott being called "Sheets" either; I've heard nothing of any supposed history with a Klan group.  I do know however that he supported segregation on his college campus in Mississippi and that he said some racist remarks as a college student.  Still unsure how that equates to "Sheets" :-p
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 07:42:35 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2005, 01:04:32 PM by opebo »

Surely we can all agree that both Byrd and Lott are racists.  They're southern white males, so it should come as no surprise.  However, Byrd is a former extremist who has moderated his views, and does provide a reliable Democratic vote in the Senate, which obviously helps to fight racism in America.

People like Lott, and nearly all of the current Republican Senators and Congressmen out of the south are still running on race, as racists.  It may be amusing to dig up quotes from old Byrd from 1946, but the real problem is the South is still racist to this day.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2005, 12:53:54 PM »

Happily there are absolutely no racist Libertarians in congress. Smiley
danwxman

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2005, 12:58:27 PM »

I like him, but then again Ive always been a sucker for the honest ones.

edit:  I dont mean I support his racist remarks, but I do support the fact that he doesnt watter down or sugar coat his comments.

I agree with him about the white ns.

I'm tired of seeing stupid suburban white teenagers stealing black culture and making it their own -- I'm not sure if thats what he was referring to (who the hell knows what he was talking about) but oh well.

so i take it you're disapproving of jazz and rock n' roll, for the white teenagers of that period were as 'white n' in their day as many are today.  what do you want here?  racial as well as cultural separation? 

You're dead wrong here. "Whiggers", as I shall henceforth refer to them as, are typically uneducated white trash, frequently high school dropouts, and want to be thugs. If that's the kind of "culture" you approve of, I'd hate to see what you don't like!

We agree!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2005, 01:35:06 PM »

Well, I quite like Byrd. He seems to be a right character and he's right to defend the filibuster. Bush ought to stop nominating extreme wing nuts for the judiciary. Personally, I think the judiciary ought not to be ideological of any given persuation

Lets hope it's not too long before Byrd's President Pro Tempore

Dave
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2005, 01:58:39 PM »

what's a kleagle?

I'm leaning toward #3

I never knew whigger had an h in it, but it makes sense.

very tacky thread, by the way.  Smiley

Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2005, 03:29:11 PM »

3 is the least racist, but it made me laugh the most.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »

Eminmem is foul and a definately a whigger as some have described it here. To call him an artist is an insult to artists around the world.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2005, 06:31:29 PM »

Eminmem is foul and a definately a whigger as some have described it here. To call him an artist is an insult to artists around the world.

Do you like Rap when performed by actual Blacks, Zebu?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2005, 06:41:50 PM »

I personally dont care as I don't listen to it. I personally don't like it but hey, you can listen to whatever nonsense you want.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2005, 06:49:40 PM »

I personally dont care as I don't listen to it. I personally don't like it but hey, you can listen to whatever nonsense you want.

I'm not a big fan, though I do enjoy a small percentage.  I was just curious if you were a rap fan who preferred black artists, or if you just didn't like Emminem.  I have to admit a few of his more comical songs are fun.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »

I'm not a big fan, though I do enjoy a small percentage.  I was just curious if you were a rap fan who preferred black artists, or if you just didn't like Emminem.  I have to admit a few of his more comical songs are fun.

Oh, I think some of his songs are definately funny. But I rank him more with the likes of Weird Al Yankovic then say, Hank Williams or   Louis Armstrong.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2005, 07:06:29 PM »

Whiggers are pure scum.  They're usually poor, white trash, who don't keep themsleves clean, wear pants past their ass, curse like sailors, act like rude drunks, and bounce around to another life failure sscreaming about his weed, booze, and whores.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2005, 07:11:54 PM »

Whiggers are pure scum.  They're usually poor, white trash,

Classism.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2005, 07:15:27 PM »

Whiggers are pure scum.  They're usually poor, white trash,

Classism.

Truth
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2005, 07:50:14 PM »

What's all this about Louis Armstrong??!

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2005, 07:55:49 PM »

and what the hell is a kleagle?

I hope it's not a nasty word for Louis Armstrong.  I named my son after Louis Armstrong I'll have you know.  (Actually, I named him after the protagonist in "Interview with a Vampire" but I'm a big fan of Louis Armstrong, and Louis Jordan.  And, on some days, Louis de Broglie.)  I used to play a mean trumpet.  At one time.  Now I can't even play the skin-flute.

Anyway, I don't see the need to lump Louis in with Weird Al.  (Gore or Yankovich!)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2005, 11:40:02 PM »

This from a black persons point of view on the wigger issue:

I know many white people who have tried to adopt the hip-hop culture and live like thugs and gangstas. I also know people who have adopted the hip-hop culture, but a very different segment of it. Some wiggers are only acting like pimps and gangstas because gangsta rap tends to promote sex and violence and drug dealing, something these kids do a lot of. They are the rebellious high school dropouts who will live a life of poverty and stupidity. Then there are the other kind, I wouldn't really call them wiggers as they are the kind who instead of trending towards gangsta rap like more of the R&B and gospel styles. Most of their friends are black because they just tend to get along with black people better and are often raised going to black churches, or because they live in a mostly black neighboorhood. These are the kids who will most likely stay in school and go on to live a succesful career and are also much harder to sterotype and pinpoint as you can tell one from another.

So basically, there are two major types of wiggers, one of which is the kind all are sterotyped to be and the other, people who like black music and have mostly black friends, but don't try to be wannabe gangstas and pimps like 50 Cent.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2005, 02:24:38 AM »

In australia, we call them "Mo-fauxs", as in fake mother-ers, and most of the ones who are really hardcore into it are middle class rebellious nitwits. Sure, lots of the poorer kids get into the music and stuff, but they don't spend $1000 to look like someone who earns $50 a week.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2005, 12:25:11 PM »

there are two major types of wiggers

Apparently there's an H in whigger.  Hey, I didn't know either.  We can learn quite a bit on this forum.

Bob, thanks, I figured that much out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies