FF George Bush serves as witness for lesbian couple's Maine wedding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FF George Bush serves as witness for lesbian couple's Maine wedding
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FF George Bush serves as witness for lesbian couple's Maine wedding  (Read 1316 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/09/george-hw-bush-quietly-endorses-one-same-sex-marriage/69875/

Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »

GHWB is just a great guy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »

Let’s not jump the shark; helping a gay couple marry and shaving his head to support a kid with cancer does not atone for all the horrible deeds of his presidency. I wouldn't be surprised if all of these recent actions are being made to clean up his image after his close call with the Grim Reaper a few months back.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »

Good for him, I guess. Still a bad President.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »

Let’s not jump the shark; helping a gay couple marry and shaving his head to support a kid with cancer does not atone for all the horrible deeds of his presidency. I wouldn't be surprised if all of these recent actions are being made to clean up his image after his close call with the Grim Reaper a few months back.

What was so horrible about Bush 41's presidency?  Granted, it wasn't all that distinguished, but I can't think of anything worthy of being called horrible in his single term.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »

Bushy was the biggest troll in 'murican history

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »

Um, what horrible deeds are you talking about?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »

Given my own way of conducting myself around here, I wouldn't be surprised if your'e trying to troll here. However, given your views, I do fear that you might be serious.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »

GHWB is just a great guy. war criminal.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 11:39:09 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2013, 11:43:09 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Just because he wasn't as bad as his spawn doesn't mean that he wasn't a solid HP.

He was CIA for a long time, even though he claimed he wasn't part of it until Ford appointed him head of the CIA. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that his Gulf of Mexico oil company had the same name as the Bay of Pigs invasion, Zapata.

He gave classified information to his son Dubya, who used it to make a killing on inside trading. And would have gotten in a ton of trouble if his daddy wasn't President.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »

oops I just posted on this topic too.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »

No he's a war hero from WWII. Your remarks represent your party's youngest generation well though.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »

Were they old friends or something?
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 05:17:58 AM »

Making his peace with God, it appears.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 06:25:32 AM »

What was so horrible about Bush 41's presidency?  Granted, it wasn't all that distinguished, but I can't think of anything worthy of being called horrible in his single term.
Pardoning all the traitors from Iran-Contra was pretty damn awful. These people sold weapons to our enemies, and Bush gave them a get out of jail free card. Unbelievable!
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »

Guys, lets not focus on deeds from over 20 years ago, and lets focus on the good. Gays are getting their rights, and that Ronald Reagan's vice president of all people is endorsing this is showing that gay equality will be the norm in 10-20 years.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »

Let's remember that the elder Bush dealt extremely well with the breakup of Communism. It would have been easy for him to gloat, showing events to prove the superiority of capitalism. He also handled the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait extremely well.

He has lived long enough to see some of the senseless norms of our society become as pointless as they now seem. Support for same-sex Marriage has largely been a liberal phenomenon, and once the free-market mavens accept it, opposition to same-sex marriage becomes obsolete.

Heck, George Wallace renounced his long-time support for segregationism and seemed convincing enough.     
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »

I just have an issue with the way Lee Atwater ran his 1988 campaign- lots of vicious smears, race baiting and half-truths. As president he was a good executive but didn't have the common touch of Reagan or Clinton.

But I applaud GHWB for supporting love when he sees it.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »

This.  A great man.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »

Pardoning all the traitors from Iran-Contra was pretty damn awful. These people sold weapons to our enemies, and Bush gave them a get out of jail free card. Unbelievable!
I was thinking of our intervention in Panama, but pardoning Cap Weinberger was also pretty awful.

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 08:35:34 PM »

I doubt Bush personally supports this. He just wants to go out on the winning/right side.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »

I doubt Bush personally supports this. He just wants to go out on the winning/right side.

I suspect its rather Bush Sr.'s social conservatism that was a facade. After all his father was a supporter of Planned Parenthood.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »

Was it worse than the four FBI members who were going to testify against our government for having prior knowledge of the Oklahoma City bombing for at least a week? Prior to the hearing two of them died in plane crashes and two died in car crashes? Yep I really believe that. Was it worse than conspiring with Bill Ayers? What about being worse than our debt. If you ask me, our debt is unpatriotic.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »

I suspect its rather Bush Sr.'s social conservatism that was a facade. After all his father was a supporter of Planned Parenthood.

And Bush himself got the nickname "Rubbers" in Congress because he was such a strong advocate of funding family planning programs. Throwing out his pro-choice views was one of Reagan's demands in order to be his running mate.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 11:42:08 PM »

^Of course, Reagan himself was likely not a true believer on social issues.

Anyway, who cares about these war criminals' views on gay marriage? Bush Sr. launched two wars while in office (Panama, first Gulf War). Not to mention, getting off the hook for Iran-Contra, which should have brought down the Reagan adminsitration.

His son learned from "the best." Ugh...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies