If Florida starts leaning Democrat, what next for GOP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:55:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Florida starts leaning Democrat, what next for GOP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Florida starts leaning Democrat, what next for GOP?  (Read 3743 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

I bet they are.  However, death is on our side.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »

FL and PA are both moving D, guys.  FL faster, PA slower (and the latter masked recently by racism).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »

Why would Florida start leaning Democrat? They've been center-right in every election since 1956 except for 1976 with Carter's southern base. What if California starts leaning Republican?

Growth of non-Cuban Hispanics, Cubans trending D, Old folks dying off and being replaced by a new set of retirees who may be less Republican-leaning.  Its another time-bomb for your party.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »

Why would Florida start leaning Democrat? They've been center-right in every election since 1956 except for 1976 with Carter's southern base. What if California starts leaning Republican?

Growth of non-Cuban Hispanics, Cubans trending D, Old folks dying off and being replaced by a new set of retirees who may be less Republican-leaning.  Its another time-bomb for your party.
Actually, the Floridian olds are less D-friendly than they used to be- It's the folks who grew up with FDR being replaced.

No, those are almost all dead already, Sol.  The ones dying off now are the follow generation (not the 'Greatest Generation', the 'Silent Generation', a Republican-leaning group).

I just thought of something - why don't they cancel Social Security checks during the shutdown?  I honestly think that would swing the olds D hard, and I think they're the sort to remember (at least till they die).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »

Actually, the Floridian olds are less D-friendly than they used to be- It's the folks who grew up with FDR being replaced.

No, those are almost all dead already, Sol.  The ones dying off now are the follow generation (not the 'Greatest Generation', the 'Silent Generation', a Republican-leaning group).

I just thought of something - why don't they cancel Social Security checks during the shutdown?  I honestly think that would swing the olds D hard, and I think they're the sort to remember (at least till they die).

You want Democrats to cut off social security checks so that people receiving social security will vote more in favor of Democrats? You want people to not eat in some cases for the sake of your party winning? First of all, if Democrats cut off social security checks they'd be the ones to suffer. Secondly, I don't know what year you live in but those are set up automatically and have been for a decade or two now. No one really receives paper checks anymore. It happens but rarely. Why do you want suffering for the benefit of your party?

Cheesy
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

There isn't a soul in the world, old or young, that thinks any social program is more under threat from the Democrats than the Republicans.  Cancel those checks, blame the GOP's shutdown, and Florida's a lock in 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies