My advice to GOP: Let Obama have what he wants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  My advice to GOP: Let Obama have what he wants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My advice to GOP: Let Obama have what he wants  (Read 1864 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Maybe doctors should just start living within their means. Personal responsibility, yo.
old dog
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »

Anyone who thinks any federal program with 10 to 20 thousand pages of regulations isn't going to be riddled with loopholes, inequities and unintended consequences is smoking the good stuff.  Small businesses scurrying to remain under the 50 employee limit.  Bean counters in big business opting to drop all coverage and pay the fine, err tax.  Fast food and other minimum wage earners pushed into part time work.  I don't have the time, skill or motivation to do the research but I will bet my last Bitcoin That the number of workers losing their jobs, forced into part-time, or losing employer health insurance are minorities in a disproportionate number to their percentage of the population.  That would put Obamacare into the same category as those racist voter ID laws, wouldn't it? 

The real doctor shortage won't kick in for years and it is going to be quality as well as quantity.  Some bright young people go to medical school because they have a calling, some go to make a lot of money.  The ones in the second group are going to look hard at other career paths.  Their slots in medical school will, of course, get filled by the superb products of our universities.  Trickle down mediocrity.  Many existing doctors have the funds to go into other business ventures. 

I don't have a crystal ball or advice for the GOP.  At some point in time the law will become too entrenched and even a Republican House, Senate and President will not be able to get rid of it.  On the other hand why try to postpone the agony, let the democrats "own" it now.   Politically, the GOP isn't the sharpest pencil in the box, I await their next move with trepidation.

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »

Maybe doctors should just start living within their means. Personal responsibility, yo.

Maybe you shouldnt treat us like crap if you want good medical care.....yo
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 04:36:01 PM »

You're a doctor?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2013, 12:28:23 AM »

You're a doctor?

He's not MY doctor!

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »

It's a good thing Republican leaders read the Atlas forum, and greatly value Mike Naso's advice.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2013, 03:50:24 PM »

Obamacare will have 60% approval by November 2014.

Wasn't it supposed to be popular by now?

Um.... [Not sure if srs]

Why would it be any different today than it was 2 years ago when it still hasn't really gone into effect?  The whole point is that sure, it's "unpopular" now when nobody really sees anything, but by November 2014 people will have lived under it for over a year and seen that it's either no effect or slightly better for them.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies