medicaid expansion map?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:24:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  medicaid expansion map?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: medicaid expansion map?  (Read 543 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2013, 11:25:00 AM by opebo »

Can anyone suggest a link to an updated medicare expansion map?  As in which states are participating and which not?  This is the best I could find:

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »

Medicaid. It's a programs for extreme poors. Medicare is for olds, even richers like Mitt Romney.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »

That map looks pretty good to me opebo. It's only a few days old.  Were you looking for something else?

I didn't realize the Feds were allowing some states to use an alternative expansion model.  I hope Virginia will do what they did in Arkansas - use the expansion money to allow those under the poverty line to be subsidized on the exchange.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »

I'm hoping the State Senate back home would at least pursue an alternative model. For the record our governor wants it, and one of the Rs in the Senate sounds open to an alternative model, but the rest of the Rs in the Senate don't want it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »

Medicaid. It's a programs for extreme poors. Medicare is for olds, even richers like Mitt Romney.

Fixed, thanks memphis.

That map looks pretty good to me opebo. It's only a few days old.  Were you looking for something else?

No that's all I was looking for.  I just wondered if people were keeping on top of this situation.  Its fascinating, in my opinion - its just amazing that poors are going to still be dying off in droves in the benighted states, while living relatively well in the enlightened ones, just because of the poor-killing party's firm stance on the issue.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »

I didn't realize the Feds were allowing some states to use an alternative expansion model.  I hope Virginia will do what they did in Arkansas - use the expansion money to allow those under the poverty line to be subsidized on the exchange.

I'm surprised/impressed that Oklahoma is considering an alternative program rather than simply having a tantrum and refusing to cooperate like its neighbors to the north and south.

If Rick Perry is so convinced that Medicaid is a "failed system" and enrolling poor people in it would be worse than them having no coverage at all, then he'd be pushing for something like what Arkansas has done. The reality is that he really just doesn't give a crap about the 25% of Texans who have no insurance; they don't vote for him or write him checks anyway.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »

The reality is that he really just doesn't give a crap about the 25% of Texans who have no insurance; they don't vote for him or write him checks anyway.

This is the real reason for all of the GOP opposition throughout the South and other benighted regions, Indy, not just Rick Perry.  That, and they probably hope that being perceived as denying health care to blacks and Latinos might improve their electoral performance with racist whites.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »

The reality is that he really just doesn't give a crap about the 25% of Texans who have no insurance; they don't vote for him or write him checks anyway.

This is the real reason for all of the GOP opposition throughout the South and other benighted regions, Indy, not just Rick Perry.  That, and they probably hope that being perceived as denying health care to blacks and Latinos might improve their electoral performance with racist whites.
They see it as a moral issue. They see a poor dying of cancer as morally preferable to the poor receiving subsidized care. The poor didn't deserve care because he didn't have the money to pay for it. Democrats disagree. That's really all there is to it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »

They see it as a moral issue. They see a poor dying of cancer as morally preferable to the poor receiving subsidized care. The poor didn't deserve care because he didn't have the money to pay for it. Democrats disagree. That's really all there is to it.

I think the reasons for their genocidal behavior are much more complex than that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2013, 02:28:36 PM by opebo »

So simplifying things a bit (including alternative expansion plans, and assuming states considering joining will join), here's where it stands:

323 electoral votes in states planning to let poors live, and 215 in states planning to kill poors.  However, given the fact that the Republican states are so much poorer, and have so many more uninsured victims of capitalism, its possible that more poors will be killed than saved.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies