CA Democrat to Sen. Ted Cruz aide: "I hope your kids die" for opposing Obamacare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:56:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CA Democrat to Sen. Ted Cruz aide: "I hope your kids die" for opposing Obamacare
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CA Democrat to Sen. Ted Cruz aide: "I hope your kids die" for opposing Obamacare  (Read 4082 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 07:56:50 AM »

I think its obvious at this point that opebo is basically this forum's very own Mme. Defarge.

At least she had a reason for being the way she was.  Opebo is just a whining troll.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »

This reminds me of why I don't read the Minnesota Progressive Project so much anymore, because it got to the point where about 75% of its posts were "OMG check out this really stupid thing some Republican legislator/state official said!" rather than the analysis of demographics, elections and districts that I liked. Even now there's been more coverage of Michele Bachmann being an idiot than the Minneapolis mayoral election.

Wow could this be?  A post that is both Ironic and Good?

I think the universe just imploded.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »

I think its obvious at this point that opebo is basically this forum's very own Mme. Defarge.

I like it, thanks.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »

I will say that in terms of atrocious statements, I've noticed that conservatives/Republicans tend to be most guilty of factual errors and being insensitive to others' situations, while liberals/Democrats tend to wish bad things upon those who disagree with them.

Interesting idea. Why do you think this is?

I think as IndyTexas demonstrated later in that post, the ill wishes from the liberal side (including the quote in the original post) are intended to force the person to see the need for welfare or affordable healthcare.

That doesn't make it any less mean-spirited. I guess conservatives could do it too, but I can't think of a scenario where it would work. Let me try these...

"I hope there's a time machine that goes back to before you were born and that your mother has an abortion so you know how painful it is to be aborted!"

"I hope you start a successful business and make a lot of money so you know how difficult it is to pay so much in taxes!"

"I hope your melanin disappears and your genitalia invert so that you can see firsthand how hard it is to be a white male in this country!"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies