The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia - MAP SELECTED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:05:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia - MAP SELECTED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The Convention for Agreement on Regional Consolidation in Atlasia - MAP SELECTED  (Read 14160 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2014, 07:00:53 PM »

I just wanted to finally answer the question, I will speak for the Dakotas.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2015, 04:19:32 AM »

Since everybody else seems to be resurrecting ideas...
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »

I would rather we stay separate from the NE, thanks.

4 regions make sense to me and is closer to the IRL traditional division between West, South, Northeast, and Midwest. One less region would go a long way to keeping all 4 regions at least semi-active, or at least active enough to run enough candidates for elections.

Not shown:
BC, AB, SK, YK, NT go to Pacific
MB, NU, ON go to Mideast
QC goes to NE
PEI, NB, NS, NFLD go to South
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2015, 12:51:15 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2015, 12:55:13 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

I think New Canadaland's plan is also good, if we're going to go through with this. With all due respect to my western neighbors, I couldn't be more opposed to a plan that fuses the Mideast and Northeast together, and I believe such a merger would erode the culture of the Northeast.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »

No, no, no. This ship has sailed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »

I would rather we stay separate from the NE, thanks.

4 regions make sense to me and is closer to the IRL traditional division between West, South, Northeast, and Midwest. One less region would go a long way to keeping all 4 regions at least semi-active, or at least active enough to run enough candidates for elections.

Not shown:
BC, AB, SK, YK, NT go to Pacific
MB, NU, ON go to Mideast
QC goes to NE
PEI, NB, NS, NFLD go to South

There was a lot of discussion way back when as to why four regions simply wouldn't accomplish anything. In short, four regions takes just as much effort to reform and doesn't address the issue of weak regions; you'll still have room for underactive and underpopulated regions. Three regions ensures enough people statistically-speaking to each region to eliminate the problem. This was why the three-region model had overwhelming support compared to the four-region solution.

I think New Canadaland's plan is also good, if we're going to go through with this. With all due respect to my western neighbors, I couldn't be more opposed to a plan that fuses the Mideast and Northeast together, and I believe such a merger would erode the culture of the Northeast.

That was the initial problem with constructing any map, which is why CARCA was formulated in the first place - as a way to produce an average of something everybody likes and dislikes simultaneously, muting the extremes. There is literally no way to carve a map that is going to please everyone 100%; "cultural erosion" is going to be a problem if you change the boundaries of any region whatsoever. And the Northeast doesn't really have any culture except for that weirdo sh**t sirnick implemented - it has literally been the most politically fluid region in the game.

No, no, no. This ship has sailed.

Yes, yes, yes! If we have to entertain a 1,000 new, random ideas for "reform" (your favorite subject) that have already been discussed and found to be inferior, then we'll discuss this one, too!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies