DDT Re-Introduction Bill (reintroduced) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DDT Re-Introduction Bill (reintroduced) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DDT Re-Introduction Bill (reintroduced)  (Read 3713 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: March 04, 2005, 08:56:47 PM »

To the surprise of some, I support this bill. I'm not entirely trusting of the greenies, either. Wink

Here's the link
to John Ford's post that had the link to an article on this.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 05:38:16 PM »

The green left makes up stuff sometimes, Ilikeverin. Ask your standard Albuquerque resident about 'silver minnows' and you are not likely to get a pro-environmentalist response. Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 08:04:10 PM »

Aye.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 08:30:31 PM »

The green left makes up stuff sometimes, Ilikeverin. Ask your standard Albuquerque resident about 'silver minnows' and you are not likely to get a pro-environmentalist response. Wink

But I am a part of the green left Sad

Well, look at my comments in the open D4 thread for more on that. I would like to say that the worst thing the green left has done in NM is their deliberate targeting of poor, struggling family ranchers for lawsuits in order to financially ruin them...seems I have some of the Sagebrush Rebellion in me after all. Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 09:15:44 PM »

But I am a part of the green left Sad

Well, look at my comments in the open D4 thread for more on that. I would like to say that the worst thing the green left has done in NM is their deliberate targeting of poor, struggling family ranchers for lawsuits in order to financially ruin them...seems I have some of the Sagebrush Rebellion in me after all. Wink

Those aren't the green left, they're the green evil Wink

(Actually, they don't seem that green; if they were, they'd be targeting the evil huge livestock farmers whose excess crap (yup, animal wastes Smiley) runoff into the rivers and cause algae blooms, leading to fish kills due to lack of oxygen.

Shall we move this to another thread?

Well, there's nothing like watching Santa Fe upper-class liberals trying to shaft rural working-class populists to irritate me. Wink

And you are talking about Non-Point Source Pollution, right? I did a paper on that very topic back in graduate school in 1998 (well, part of a long paper on water stuff, but non-point source water pollution was far more interesting than the other parts), and would like to add that sometimes the pollution breeded parasites who killed the fish in large quantities. Ah, memories...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies