Reid won't fund care for kids with cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:23:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Reid won't fund care for kids with cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reid won't fund care for kids with cancer  (Read 2796 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: October 03, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442195/Why-want--Harry-Reid-dismisses-funding-childrens-cancer-research-separately-rest-government.html

Dirty liar Harry Reid has a melt down because of a question from CNN reporter Dana Bash

The U.S. Senate's leading Democrat found himself in embarrassingly hot water Wednesday, after dismissing the idea of funding children's cancer research through the government shutdown.

'If you can help one child, why won't you do it?' asked CNN reporter Dana Bash.

'Why, why, why would we want to do that?' countered Reid.

'I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force Base that are sitting home' because of government employee furloughs, he told Bash and a roomful of other journalists. 'They have – they have a few problems of their own.'

'This is – to have someone of your intelligence suggest such a thing maybe means you're as irresponsible and reckless.'
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »

By that logic, Boehner won't fund care for kids with cancer since he won't allow a vote on a clean CR.

That may be true, but the Republican House wants to send this and other measures, to be handled on a one on one basis, to the Senate.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »

By that logic, Boehner won't fund care for kids with cancer since he won't allow a vote on a clean CR.

That may be true, but the Republican House wants to send this and other measures, to be handled on a one on one basis, to the Senate.

And Reid, a majority of both Houses, and a majority of Americans want Congress to just pass a clean bill funding everything rather than picking and choosing like this.

You can't spin your way out of this one.

And that's what I want too.

And my dear fellow, I am not trying to spin anything, simply reporting a confrontation between Dana Bash and Harry Reid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies