Does the left not realize that Americans dont want the ACA? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does the left not realize that Americans dont want the ACA? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does the left not realize that Americans dont want the ACA?  (Read 4692 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 03, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
« edited: October 03, 2013, 10:34:03 PM by Senator Sbane »

The point was that because there is a Republican House, Obama has to deal with it; he doesn't have carte blanche to do whatever he wants and no amount of Internet screeching will give it to him. Whether the Republicans deserve a House majority is a separate issue; but that it exists is indisputable.

Republicans can't even win in the Senate, which should favor Republicans since small states are disproportionately Republican. Republicans have no mandate to overturn Obamacare. If the US defaults, it is the Republicans fault. Nothing less.

There will be no compromise on Obamacare. None. Nothing at all. Get over it. Seriously, you lost in 2012. It's over man. You really want to burn the country down because the people didn't agree with you? If you think Obamacare is such a disaster, and the people hate it so much, then win an election or two. Win back the Senate, and even more importantly, win back the presidency while pledging to repeal Obamacare. You think the Republicans are capable of that? I don't think so. Small reforms to Obamacare will continue to happen. That is only logical. Repealing the whole thing is a pipe dream. Please mail me some of what you are smoking.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »

Public opinion is notoriously unreliable. Most people contradict themselves. Public opinion also is subject to political manipulation.

Specific policy questions reveal, however, that Americans support what the GOP opposes, by and large-which includes the contents of "Obamacare."

So your actually saying that polling is wrong or people are wrong or manipulated to defend this? That is pathetic. If people support the individual bits and pieces of the law, why don't I see any polls on them?

Do I really have to bring up polls showing how many people supporting not discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions and keeping kids under the age of 26 on their parent's plan? You can't find that on your own? I need to do your research for you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies