opinion of this found tract re: Purgatory and Hell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  opinion of this found tract re: Purgatory and Hell
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: opinion of this found tract re: Purgatory and Hell
positive

neutral

negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 4

Author Topic: opinion of this found tract re: Purgatory and Hell  (Read 362 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:54 PM »

I found this written on a single piece of paper stuck within a copy of Volume I of Paul Tillich's Systematic Theology at my local library.  it is fragmentary in parts, obviously written for the author herself (the handwriting does appear to be of a woman, I'd say with 80-90% confidence).  much like Gramsci's prison notebooks in this respect.

without further ado:

__

Purgatory

It is [a] state after death representing endless suffering, pain, and deprivation as if a drowning man.  It is caused by man's inability to identify with others and do for them in the same breath as themself.  To help others instantly and expansively is to identify with the value posited on self - selflessly as man does not thank YHWH ... realm to do, nor does it give it a thought.  When ... is of such dismal set as to render man totally selfish and to do nothing for others as a direct consequence of his centered identity, he reaps here on Earth all his treasures and builds nothing of his value in heaven.  In such instances the suffering of having done nothing at all is purgatory.  He lives from the memory of the good he could have done if he would have done as a shot of heroin.

Hell is One step removed.  It is endless suffering for even having been born to have judged self unredeemable by the direction of one's own acts and deeds on Earth in direct contrast to any value posited...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2013, 09:44:12 PM by True Federalist »

Neutral - Obviously intended as a personal note than as a tract for others to read, so I won't judge it on its ability to communicate to others. Seems more concerned with definition than theology.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07:55 PM »

It fails to define a distinction between Purgatory and Hell. Purgatory can last for an indefinite but still finite time; Hell is infinite in the duration of its horrors. It is more incomplete than wrong.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies