Weird dreams you've had involving politicians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:55:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Weird dreams you've had involving politicians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had involving politicians  (Read 54543 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »

AT first I misread this thread as "Wet dreams you've had involving politicians"...
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:29 PM »

AT first I misread this thread as "Wet dreams you've had involving politicians"...
(i.e. Jerry's post)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 10:40:21 PM »

I remember a dream I had at some point during the Bush presidency where I had discovered this secret torture chamber Dick Cheney was running. People were forced to run on treadmills hooked up to power generators so that this secret compound could be completely off the grid and undetectable by outsiders. People who had angered Cheney in some way were tortured and mutilated, often having arms or legs cut off. I was trying to figure out a way to leave so that I could go to the police or the news, and my cell phone wouldn't work since this place was deep underground. I woke up before I ever found a way out...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »

I had a very vivid dream a few weeks ago about President Obama.  I believe I was providing security for him and he was trying to go into this underground complex, but I got this sudden feeling of danger... so I made him get out and I ran with him.  It turned out there was someone chasing us.  But we found these nice people who lived in the country and had guns but the wife was black so she was totes cool with Obama.  So then Obama had to hide in their house.  I woke up when whoever was chasing us came into the house.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »

I had a very vivid dream a few weeks ago about President Obama.  I believe I was providing security for him and he was trying to go into this underground complex, but I got this sudden feeling of danger... so I made him get out and I ran with him.  It turned out there was someone chasing us.  But we found these nice people who lived in the country and had guns but the wife was black so she was totes cool with Obama.  So then Obama had to hide in their house.  I woke up when whoever was chasing us came into the house.

Are you suggesting that an all-white rural gun-owning couple would have refused to let the POTUS into their house when his life was in danger?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »

It was my subconscious mind telling me that an all white couple with guns would've opposed Obama... but in the dream I first saw the man with the gun and assumed he might be hostile... but then I saw his black wife and I was like... well, that's definitely a good sign. 

I couldn't see in the dream who or what was chasing us.  That's what was so terrifying about it... then BAM you see some guy with a gun... you think "sh**t" but then I saw the black wife and she said "come quick, hide"... that told me they weren't hostile.

In fact I never saw what was chasing us.  I woke up at the moment I would have.  I assumed it was a combination of satan/boogeyman/bigfoot/Mittens
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 06:30:37 AM »

I had a nightmare where Biden beat Christie/Martinez in 2016.  It was horrifying.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »

I had a dream where there was a scandal where Obama and Cruz were in a relationship. It was really weird.
Alien
Invader
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 01:18:52 AM »

I once dreamt that Blago became President, like a week ago.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »

Last night I had a dream that I was chatting with Blanche Lincoln while we drove around some farm town.  I don't remember what it was we were talking about, but I remember telling someone else in my dream that we had become "best friends."
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »

Bump.

I met Governor Blanco in my dream last night!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »

As political as I am, I have never once either had or remembered a dream with any politics or politicians in them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »

Bump.

Weird, I too had a political dream last night. It was about C-PAC. I guess my family was having a big reunion in Myrtle Beach for some reason and we were on a charter boat fishing. Somehow I ended up on a helicopter and fell out of it (which jolted me awake).

When I fell back asleep, I resumed my dream as I sometimes do, and was in the ocean by the hotel. So I swam to shore and entered. I was in the hallway when I saw signs for C-PAC, so I went by and saw several 2016 contenders-Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, and Bobby Jindal. I shook Jebs hand and tried to get my picture taken with Christie (who was like 7'5 and 600 pounds in the dream with giant Rick Santorum's grandpa hands), but the lady who took the picture randomly took a picture of the roof instead and walked off. I tried to shake Rand Paul's hand, but somehow the dream took me to my own house and I was trying to arrange to see a movie (IIRC, it was some type of Dylan biopic) with this girl I've been texting as of late IRL. Bizarre dream.
GaussLaw
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 11:54:50 AM »

I dreamt that in 2016, Hillary Clinton got utterly crushed, as in losing every state except Vermont.  And she lost to Ted Cruz.

Kooky, yes, and I do not remember many other details. 
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »

Bump.

That's funny, I had a dream that I met Bobby Jindal.  I don't remember too much, but he was surprisingly nice, maybe like Mr. Rogers. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »

Seek professional help.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2014, 02:37:27 PM »

A few months ago I had a dream that I was watching the 2016 election results. Romney won Pennsylvania and Wisconsin (making me really nervous), but Hillary won Ohio and Florida, so she won anyway.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:53 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 08:20:38 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

I once had a very vivid dream where I got into a helicopter with Hugo Chavez and Evo Morales. We flew around a palatial city that was strikingly similar to San Francisco before we landed in a swamp flanked by massive cedar trees. Hugo Chavez gave me a hug and called me his comrade. I forget what happened after this. I am pretty sure the swamp had dinosaurs or alligators and I felt really chill regardless of their presence.

The sad part is that I actually had this dream...

A few others:

-I had a dream where Dalton McGuinty was assassinated by the Quebecois terrorists from Infinite Jest.
-I had a dream where I was anxiously watching election results stream in from Philadelphia. I was worried because Ed Milliband was only getting 19% of the vote against an unlabeled blue bar that was massive in comparison to his red bar. I woke up very worried and was immediately embarrassed/confused.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

Well sh**t, here's another that I just described to TNF:

20:32   Mecha   So I had this really weird dream the other night that Sean Hannity won the GOP nomination.
20:33   Mecha   After a brutal primary fight against Bill O'Reilly
20:33   Mecha   And for some reason, O'Reilly had an Irish accent.
20:33   Mecha   And swore repeatedly.
20:33   TNF   lol
20:35   Mecha   I was on O'Reilly's campaign.  He was running as a moderate Republican.
20:35   Mecha   Who was married to his gay lover Karl Rove.
20:37   Mecha   O'Reilly was running on "nationalizing gay marriage" and "amnesty for all".
20:37   Mecha   Hannity, for some reason, talked like a tobacco chewing son of a gun who worked at a Wisconsin rubber plant.
20:38   Mecha   And he had like motor oil on his business suit because he was working a full time job while campaigning for president.
20:38   Mecha   I'm not sure if he really talked about any issues, but his platform seemed to be "TAKING AMERICA BACK, YEAH!"
20:39   Mecha   I don't remember much other than that, besides John McCain, Bruce Willis, Eric Clapton, Mike Huckabee, and Tim Pawlenty playing some Def Leppard songs after Hannity got nominated.
20:40   Mecha   With Pawlenty, after nailing his infamous high volume screech, blaring into the mic how he was "glad that somebody is FINALLY GOING TO TAKE AMERICA BACK!!!!  YEAH!!!"
20:41   Mecha   And for some reason, when he moved his back down to do his infamous mullet bang, his mullet tripled in size and turned platinum.

Yeah. . . . . about that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »

-I had a dream where I was anxiously watching election results stream in from Philadelphia. I was worried because Ed Milliband was only getting 19% of the vote against an unlabeled blue bar that was massive in comparison to his red bar. I woke up very worried and was immediately embarrassed/confused.

This certainly is bad news for Ed Miliband.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »

Last night, I had a dream Joe Donnelly was elected President with Scott Brown as his running-mate, but for some reason they were running for President of the Senate too and lost that election.  I'd assume they were killed along with myself and most of the country when giant spiders emerged from some dude's luggage at LaGaurdia and started eating everyone, but I don't recall for sure.  I don't even remember how I got from watching election returns to LaGaurdia, but dreams are weird that way Tongue
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago where Thomas Dewey defeated Franklin Roosevelt narrowly in 1944 mostly due to the fact that Henry Wallace remained on the Democratic ticket. I think that Oklahoma was the deciding state in that election. I don't remember too much of the details, but Thomas Dewey seemed to have a pretty successful first term and was re-elected by a solid margin in 1948 against the Democratic ticket of Harry Truman/Scott Lucas and the Dixiecrat ticket of Strom Thurmond/Fielding Wright. I think that Dewey even picked up a few Southern states in his re-election bid such as Texas, Virginia, Tennessee and Florida.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »

Yesterday I dreamed I was discussing the flaws of Tom Cotton's senatorial campaign... with Tom Cotton.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 09:36:42 PM »

I had an amazing dream that myself and two others ran into Nancy Reagan and she took us to a lavish restaurant for dinner. I woke up so happy I had the story to tell until I realized it was a dream. It seemed so long and real.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »

I haven't had any political dreams, even though I'm very political, but...

I had an amazing dream that myself and two others ran into Nancy Reagan and she took us to a lavish restaurant for dinner. I woke up so happy I had the story to tell until I realized it was a dream. It seemed so long and real.

...almost all of my dreams are like this: such happiness then you wake up and you are depressed for the rest of the day because it was a dream. For example:

Way back in kindergarten I lost my favorite stuffed animal and like a year ago I had a dream that I randomly found it in my bed and I was so happy, but then I woke up and went back into my depressed self, like I was about a year ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies