Weird dreams you've had involving politicians (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:45:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Weird dreams you've had involving politicians (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had involving politicians  (Read 55290 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2013, 04:14:48 PM by Communists For McCain »

I had a dream about me doing something with Ronald Reagan a week or two ago.  I don't remember what it was... I just remember Reagan was in it.

I've had several dreams with Reagan in it.  Including this one I posted about two years ago:
I once had a dream sometime in 2005 that Ronald Reagan came back from the dead (literally) and ran for President in 2006.
Not only that but George W. Bush changed his party identification to Democrat sometime in late 2005 because "everybody likes Democrats now mkay?"  Almost immediately he becomes this diehard left wing granola eating liberal and decides to ban guns.
Ronald Reagan wins the 2006 Republican Primaries decisively and goes onto rape Bushie in the 2006 Presidential Election (don't ask me why it was taking place in 2006 it just did).
And he won over 500 Electoral Votes and afterwards all I heard in the background was Rocky montage music.

I swear I'm not making that up.

EDIT: Realized I left out like a ton of details.

Interestingly, a couple of weeks after that I had a dream that Ronald Reagan was a Catholic who remained in Illinois to become a hardscrabble police chief.  He runs for and wins the Governorship in 1952 and becomes known for being a "petty union labor hack" due to his criticisms of Eisenhower and Republican leadership.  In 1960 he gets in a brutal primary fight with Jack "Lace Curtain Boy" Kennedy (his nickname, not mine) with him assailing Kennedy for being a "fake liberal".  The race gets heated as they both start throwing charges of racism against each other.  It looks like Kennedy is going to get the nom, until the Roosevelt family comes out hard for Reagan pretty much guaranteeing him the nomination.  Reagan gets the nomination in a divided party convention and ends up running against Nelson Rockefeller.

What results is an election that could be a picture definition of "class warfare".  The South goes overwhelmingly for Reagan, feeling him to be a man's man (despite his popery) and not a paternalistic snob who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.  That he didn't focus too much on Civil Rights also helped him.  It looked like Rocky would win the presidency due to the good economy and Eisenhower's record until he made an incredibly dumb gaffe while at a meeting of upper class Congregationalists in Connecticut.  A Democrat just happened to have been taking a whizz when they overheard, and recorded, Rockefeller saying that the nation "deserves better than a president who was born in a bar".  THere was no way the campaign could combat the charges of elitism, paternalism, and classism and Reagan ended up winning in a semi-landslide.  I don't remember the map, but I believe it looked something like this:

For years after that everyone would bemoan Rockefeller for running an "incredibly dumb" campaign.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

Well sh**t, here's another that I just described to TNF:

20:32   Mecha   So I had this really weird dream the other night that Sean Hannity won the GOP nomination.
20:33   Mecha   After a brutal primary fight against Bill O'Reilly
20:33   Mecha   And for some reason, O'Reilly had an Irish accent.
20:33   Mecha   And swore repeatedly.
20:33   TNF   lol
20:35   Mecha   I was on O'Reilly's campaign.  He was running as a moderate Republican.
20:35   Mecha   Who was married to his gay lover Karl Rove.
20:37   Mecha   O'Reilly was running on "nationalizing gay marriage" and "amnesty for all".
20:37   Mecha   Hannity, for some reason, talked like a tobacco chewing son of a gun who worked at a Wisconsin rubber plant.
20:38   Mecha   And he had like motor oil on his business suit because he was working a full time job while campaigning for president.
20:38   Mecha   I'm not sure if he really talked about any issues, but his platform seemed to be "TAKING AMERICA BACK, YEAH!"
20:39   Mecha   I don't remember much other than that, besides John McCain, Bruce Willis, Eric Clapton, Mike Huckabee, and Tim Pawlenty playing some Def Leppard songs after Hannity got nominated.
20:40   Mecha   With Pawlenty, after nailing his infamous high volume screech, blaring into the mic how he was "glad that somebody is FINALLY GOING TO TAKE AMERICA BACK!!!!  YEAH!!!"
20:41   Mecha   And for some reason, when he moved his back down to do his infamous mullet bang, his mullet tripled in size and turned platinum.

Yeah. . . . . about that.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 10:47:53 PM »

I also had a dream involving the second Man of Steel movie and Obama.  What I remember is that there was a scene in the movie where it's revealed that *shocker* Christian Bale returns as Batman instead of Ben Affleck.

Now for some reason Bernie Sanders had returned to the US House (this is 2016 which is really weird) and he introduces what is obviously a joke impeachment proceeding against President Obama "for lying to us about who would be portraying Batman in the second Man of Steel movie."  A number of Democrats vote for the impeachment while barely holding back tears of laughter.  The rest of the Democratic Caucus obviously votes against the proceedings with some noting "it's a tasteless joke."

And then the Republicans, who gained something like 50 seats in the 2014 midterms (bringing them up to like an assload of seats or something) start marching to the podium one by one by one.  All told, every single Republican voted for the articles of impeachment or whatevs.  Just a few months before election day Barack Obama is officially impeached by Congress and forced out of office by armed guards with him yelling "wait!  You can't remove me from office!  This is f****ing stupid!"  The next day in Congress Bernie Sanders approaches the desk, bawing his eyes out in a drugged out stupor while yelling "IT WAS A JOKE DAMN IT!  IT WAS A JOKE!" before being carted away by the crazy police.

And then I woke up with a raging headache.  Weird.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies