How would you vote on a bill that would...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:29:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you vote on a bill that would...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: see below
Yea (D)

Nay (D)

Present (D)

Yea (R)

Nay (R)

Present (R)

Yea (I/O)

Nay (I/O)

Present (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: How would you vote on a bill that would...  (Read 1902 times)
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 11:55:13 PM »

Nay (I/O) for me unfortunately, though someday I hope it will be feasible.

I reckon well over 100 million people are interested in moving to the U.S. if given an opportunity to do so. Would there be enough revenue from taxing these people for the state to cope with enormous population growth? How would we build and maintain enough new infrastructure, quality schools and hospitals, etc. to prevent a massive increase to the ranks of poor who lack access to all the basic necessities for the good life when we already fail to do so for the entirety of our current population? Would there be enough time for cities to wisely plan their growth, and for development to occur without inflicting even greater levels of harm to the environment than we already inflict?

Personally, I would prefer incremental increases to the annual quota and loosening of standards for admittance into the country until completely free borders are eventually achieved. This policy would be a lot less troublesome to enact and the number of immigrants arriving in the U.S. far more manageable for us to accommodate once the existing, pent-up demand for admittance into the U.S. is relieved. Until then I am a bit apprehensive.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 07:41:04 AM »

Nay. While I would support completely open borders with Canada, I wouldn't take it any further than that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies