Spiral for Mideast Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:05:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spiral for Mideast Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Spiral for Mideast Senate  (Read 11649 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2015, 11:50:28 PM »

Hold on though, why did you call a bunch of bills up for a vote? Is that procedurally necessary? In particular the rail bill still could have been amended.

The session only has a few days left and now it's getting to the point where I'll have to get the rest of the bills on the floor done with somehow. The bills I brought to a final vote haven't had debate in a couple of days and there's been ample time for someone to bring amendments, though no one has done that. So, I felt like it was appropriate.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2015, 11:58:41 PM »

Sorry to see you go from the assembly.  If only you hadn't encouraged me to run for reelection. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »

Although my intentions have already been made clear, I'm now officially launching my campaign for Mideast Senate. This was not a job that I sought to return to, but Atlasians across the nation have drafted me to run and I felt it was thus my duty to try this once more. This campaign will be a positive and clean one--though I share wildly different views from my opponent Senator Windjammer, cordiality is what we need more of up in Nyman. I also pledge to only serve one term should I be elected. I hope that over the coming weeks, we can have a lively discussion about the most important issues we face.

Uh, that's about it for now. Tongue Questions are welcome if you have any.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2015, 09:58:44 PM »

Endorsed, of course!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »

I'm no longer a citizen of the Mideast but I'm offering you my endorsement. I hope conservatives, libertarians and centrists in your region will unite behind your candidacy!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2015, 05:50:18 PM »

While I consider Senator Windjammer to be a good friend and senator, I enjoyed the relationship we built while working to improve the Mideast and I am confident that you will be able to effectively represent our region. You have my endorsement. Smiley
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2015, 12:29:35 AM »

You have my endorsement, good luck my friend.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2015, 02:54:59 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:52 AM »

Thank you all for the endorsements so far. To keep the campaign active (plus this thread), I will host a Q&A for the next couple of days ahead of this election. Anyone is welcome to ask away!
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2015, 12:24:41 AM »

What will you do to increase the proliferation of Italo-Disco and other tracks that are sick?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 12:38:14 AM by Southern Governor Flo »

What was your favorite office to hold in Atlasia thus far?

Do you believe that the minimum wage in 2019 will be too high for businesses, or can businesses take the brunt of it?

Would you support a bill that criminalizes the production and sales of pesticides that were banned for use in Atlasia already?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2015, 12:53:58 AM »

What will you do to increase the proliferation of Italo-Disco and other tracks that are sick?

As you know, this is an issue that I am deeply passionate about and that doesn't have enough exposure. Despite my libertarian tendencies, I see an opening to introducing italo disco and other sick tracks in our public school systems from an early age on. Cultural enrichment with good music is the only way to go.

What was your favorite office to hold in Atlasia thus far?

Do you believe that the minimum wage in 2019 will be too high for businesses, or can businesses take the brunt of it?

Would you support a bill that criminalizes the production and sales of pesticides that were banned for use in Atlasia already?

1. I greatly enjoyed my time in the Mideast Assembly over the last year, helping to revive the region. I feel like I've done the most good in that capacity, and if I don't win this election, then I'll likely try to go back there in the future.

2. The minimum wage is obviously getting too high. I am pessimistic about any attempts to roll back such increases given the makeup of our national government, but I will fight for pro-market policies in the Senate should I be elected again.

3. I agree with the principle of it in general.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »

The election is over and the people of the Mideast have spoken. It is quite obvious that I will not return to the Senate, having lost by margins greater than I expected. This is a loss which I fully accept and have already moved on from well before voting was over. From talking with others it appears that some are upset over how my race went, and while I can understand why they might feel that way, it's not good to dwell on one individual race's outcome. To make it clear, I hold no ill toward Senator Windjammer or anybody else involved in the election. Windjammer is someone whom I like personally despite having many disagreements with on policy matters, and I wish him the best going forward. He put the effort in his campaign and he got a clear victory out of it.

As for myself, I recognize that I made a couple of mistakes during the campaign which probably hurt me in the end. Looking ahead, I don't know what's in store for myself. I was tempted to announce my retirement from politics in this concession speech but I won't quite do that after all. I will say that I have definitely lost interest in the game and I'm unsure if I'll attempt to make a run for office again in the near future. Returning to the Senate was not what I wanted to do in the first place, and I reluctantly jumped in after many people wanted me to challenge the incumbent senator. In any case, I would like to thank all of my supporters in this race both in the ME and from other regions for being there for me. It's been a pleasure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies