Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:38:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0  (Read 328553 times)
Sozialliberal
Rookie
Germany

« on: September 29, 2015, 12:33:06 PM »
« edited: September 29, 2015, 01:04:30 PM by Sozialliberal »

Question to the Austrian posters: why is the KPÖ so ridiculously strong in the municipal council of Graz?

I'm German, but I think I can answer this question.

A representative survey found that 87 % of the people who voted KPÖ in the 2012 Graz municipal election thought that the housing policies of the party were "very important" or "somewhat important" for their voting decision. Of course, the KPÖ is strongly in favour of public housing, but what really sets them apart from other parties is the (perceived) genuineness with which they tackle housing issues. I think that the best example is the "Tenants' Helpline" ("Mieter-Notruf"), which is operated by the KPÖ Graz.

Here's what the KPÖ Graz says about its helpline:

"The Tenants' Helpline of the KPÖ has been in operation since 1996. We check tenancy agreements and utility bills as well as the legality and the amount of [broker] commissions. We give advice on harrassment by landlords, cancellations, and eviction suits. We help if there are problems with the repayment of security deposits, but also with other issues around the subject of housing."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies