Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:02:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0  (Read 328149 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: January 16, 2014, 10:39:12 PM »

This will serve as the interim Austrian Parliament during the time of renovation of the actual Parliament building between 2017/18 and 2020:

The Big Ballroom in the Hofburg, the residence of the Austrian President, that is usually used for international meetings (John F. Kennedy met Nikita Khrushchev there once), balls and seminars.

Nice, any idea what artist did the panels and ceiling?

An internet search is saying it is Josef Mikl who did it in the mid 90's, atfer the room was destroyed by a fire in 1992. Tender probably knows more about it, having access to German-language information.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:45:17 AM »

Why Gröens are running as Bürgerliste?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »

What will happen if the states or the central government don't obey to that European overreach and abuse of power?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 04:01:57 AM »

And if this is not enough, the Vienna-SPÖ now even wants all foreigners to have the right to vote in the state election.

It seems the SPÖ is doing everything possible to crash into a wall in a suicidal manner on Oct. 11.

http://derstandard.at/2000019360692/SPOe-will-Wahlrecht-auch-fuer-Wiener-ohne-oesterreichischen-Pass

No, SPO is doing to right thing, ignoring the racists. If the racists ever reach a majority, it's time for EU sanctions.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 05:36:31 AM »

Interior Minister Johanna Mikl-Leitner calls in the Austrian army to help deal with the asylum crisis.

But not - as one with common sense might expect - to secure the border and round up illegals (like the constitution would demand), but to help erect even more tents and containers to house even more incoming asylum seekers and to help feed them.

http://www.salzburg.com/nachrichten/dossier/fluechtlinge/sn/artikel/fluechtlingshilfe-asyleinsatz-des-bundesheers-rueckt-naeher-161684

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It seems the SPÖVP government is deliberately ignoring the will of the Austrian population by not sending the army to the border to secure it.

According to the  terms of the Schengen agreement, the agreement can be temporarily suspended for 24 months if there's a "major crisis" facing a country or the Schengen zone as a whole. According to the EU commission, a "major crisis" would be a "massive influx of asylum seekers" - which is what's happening here right now.

Each day now there are reports of 50-200 asylum seekers crammed into tiny vans with 35°C outside and when a police car approaches, the people smugglers simply run away.

The asylum centers are overcrowded, with the men sleeping inside the complex in safety and the women and small children outside on the street, which can be dangerous during hailstorms.

Amnesty International visited the Traiskirchen camp last week and is about to release a damning report about the inhumane situation there today. Our government is not only reckless towards the Austrian population, they are also reckless towards the asylum seekers.

They are a truly disgusting, incompetent, help- and clueless bunch of politicians - far removed from the general population. But don't worry, they get their monthly 8.000€ and 12 weeks of annual paid vacation ... Time to wipe these parties out in the Upper Austria and Vienna state elections.

"I'm HC Strache and I endorse this message".

That's the only thing missing to that message.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »

66% of Austrians say the country is on the wrong track
80% think the government is incapable of solving the country's problems

Yet, 45% would vote for a current government party.

It's telling much about the opposition.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:28 AM »

ANDAS 257
Grüne 226
SPÖ 117
NEOS 101
FPÖ 9
ÖVP -58

I just wonder what TTIP and gay marriage has to do with a city election.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 06:15:18 PM »

The ÖVP did an internal poll the last few days in Upper Austria, about which topic is most debated among voters right now and in their families:

3/4 said "immigration/refugees"

Just 6% said "labour/unemployment".

This election will turn into an epic disaster for ÖVP-SPÖ, if these numbers are true ...

Like I said earlier, it's a glaring failure than Allies failed to de-nazify Austria, like they did with Germany.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 10:09:27 PM »

Based on the 2010 state election "exit poll", I estimate that this time around 20-25% of Vienna voters with migration background will vote for the FPÖ (in 2010, 16% did).

Which particular group of foreigners do you think will give them the most support?

0%, as foreigners don't vote.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:35 PM »

Tender already answered that earlier (but the thread is long and search on this forum is unwieldy), but I remember him saying it was people who immigratd in Austria quite a long time ago and don't want massive immigration in Austria and people who immigrated to flee religion/ethnic/etc troubles and don't want to be with the people they fled.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

SPÖ holds Mauthausen, site of the former big Nazi concentration camp.

25% FPÖ (+12%)

Had missed this. Where is MaxQue when we need him?

What? I don't even remember commnting on Mauthausen. I commented than Austria has issues with its past and failed to do proper denazification, painting themselves as victims (which isn't true nor false, it's just not clear-cut all at, with shades).

Overall, the result is in line with my idea. When in the voting booth, some FPÖ voters decided current land government was good and voted ÖVP.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 07:08:09 PM »

I suppose changing the city constitution takes 2/3 of votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies