Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:27:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics - Version 1.0  (Read 328181 times)
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« on: December 15, 2013, 01:03:55 PM »

So there is no actual election of the chancellor in Austria? How do you decide, weither the chancellor/cabinet has a majority in the national assembly?
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:03:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Has anyone mentioned, weither the Croation slang term is actually derived from the German word "kurz" (short), maybe even of anti-Austrian sentiment resp. mocking in the Danube mocharchy? Just curious.
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:35:59 AM »

Oh how beautiful ist the Austrian Sea. ;-)
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »

That and the fact that people outside Austria have actually heard of Vienna. Probably most people from elsewhere in Europe think that Salzburg is Austria's second largest city...

True. Most foreign people probably know Salzburg best, followed by Innsbruck (older people, because of the Olympics).

In fact, Graz is the 2nd largest city though. Linz is probably not well known either.
Linz is of course known for Ephraim Kishon's great satire short story about an overly eager local journalist doing an interview with him (well, the I-narrator, but still...). But maybe it is just me. ;-)
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 07:20:18 AM »

"Wer ist der stärkste Zwerg in Vorarlberg?" Really? Is this a legit campaign poster? Sounds more like Martin Sonneborn and the like.
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:53:41 AM »

Oh, how I love this "Would you let them sleep in your own bed" strawman.
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:52 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2015, 03:19:41 AM by Yeahsayyeah »

Hegel bemerkt irgendwo, daß alle großen weltgeschichtlichen Thatsachen und Personen sich so zu sagen zweimal ereignen. Er hat vergessen hinzuzufügen: das eine Mal als große Tragödie, das andre Mal als lumpige Farce.

Hegel states at some point, that all great facts and characters of world history occur twice, so to speak. He forgot to add: Once as great tragedy and once as cheap farce.

Karl Marx - Der achtzehnte Brumaire des Louis Napoleon
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:21:23 AM »

Oh, it was a reference to Vienna's "Pegida". It seems I accidentally jumped back in this thread and thought this had been yesterday. Sorry for that.

Of course, it can stand as a metaphor for Austrian history after WW I in general. ;-)
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 05:25:47 AM »

But if we just shut out everyone past a certain amount, those poor people will still have no place to go.

So where would you draw the line? A million or perhaps two? How about doubling Austria's population? Anyway, they have plenty of places to go...it's not like they didn't cross other EU (or safe) countries on their way to Austria.

Exactly. I support the current system which is outfitted to house some 15.000-25.000 asylum seekers, but not the 60.000 that are expected this year without creating problems for municipalities
So let us drown them all in the Mediterranian?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies