what did your first job pay? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:15:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  what did your first job pay? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what did your first job pay?  (Read 1019 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 09, 2013, 08:46:51 PM »

The minimum wage at the time. I have no idea what that was. The year was 1967.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »

Thank you BK. Ah, the memories. I worked in a record store at Hollywood and Sunset. I once "serviced" Rock Hudson. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »

Isn't he doing much better?  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

Honestly, Torie, no.  Unless your advice to him is to still post an average of 40 times per day.

Yeah, but then, how many times do I post a day? 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »

Bear in mind Grumps the distinction between posting and starting threads. But Barf, think about spending more time on each post, and maybe doing some research on something, and even linking to a source in a post, rather than involving yourself in all the action everywhere. And bear in mind the distinction between new threads and a post. When you put up a thread, try to make it something worthwhile for folks and then host it.  When you don't get any responses, or negative ones, that is feedback that what you did isn't working. I know I feel bad when I put up a thread and it's ignored. It's hard on my huge ego. Make sense?

Oh, and Grumps, the best thing is that he lost the krazen style (get under the opposition's skin and make them itch with overgeneralized hyperbole and the like). That was, combined with everything else, part of what made him controversial and unpopular.

Not sure I should be doing this here, but WTF. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2013, 04:48:26 PM by Torie »

Bear in mind Grumps the distinction between posting and starting threads. But Barf, think about spending more time on each post, and maybe doing some research on something, and even linking to a source in a post, rather than involving yourself in all the action everywhere. And bear in mind the distinction between new threads and a post. When you put up a thread, try to make it something worthwhile for folks and then host it.  When you don't get any responses, or negative ones, that is feedback that what you did isn't working. I know I feel bad when I put up a thread and it's ignored. It's hard on my huge ego. Make sense?

Oh, and Grumps, the best thing is that he lost the krazen style (get under the opposition's skin and make them itch with overgeneralized hyperbole and the like). That was, combined with everything else, part of what made him controversial and unpopular.

Not sure I should be doing this here, but WTF.  

I did start one post about Kerry vs. Dole in an election. I don't feel I've been causing trouble on this forum. I'd like to ask what is so bad about me posting the wage for my first job Grumps? Torie, hopefully I've been following our ideas. Let me know how things are going.

Much better as I said, and I have been remiss in not giving you some of this before, and in particular posting style suggestions, but then your style, as I said, I think is much better. Just as a suggestion, I would avoid getting into arguments about the quality of your posts with other posters for the moment. My opinion for the moment on this, and in the Cave, is of far more import, and getting into such arguments is a negative. Heck, folks often say my stuff sucks, and I often just ignore it. Why bother?  

Hope you don't mind me doing this here. If so, I will delete the whole thing now that you read it. I think it might be useful for others to read perhaps, so that is one benefit. Allowing it to be put here, serves the community perhaps. Of course, some may think I am just spamming this thread too. That is what happens in part when you post a lot. You get more hits back, no matter who you are, unless of course, you're Bacon King whom everyone loves. We are not in that category. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies