The Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:21:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia  (Read 735 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »

I am starting the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia (CARCRA), because I wholeheartedly believe that Atlasians need to express their opposition to the proposed consolidation of the regions.  I will fight any regional consolidation until the very end.  It's unnecessary and bad for the game, and so far every map butchers the Mideast and conveniently keeps the Pacific intact.  It's funny... the Pacific is the one that allegedly needs saving, yet that region doesn't get split up like a frog being run over by a lawnmower.  Save the frogs; oppose regional consolidation.

The pledge:
I, __________, publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:24:03 AM »

I, Inks.LWC, publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.

x Inks.LWC
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 02:53:39 AM »

I, PiT (The Physicist), publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.

X PiT (The Physicist)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 02:54:26 AM »

I, ZuWo, publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.

X ZuWo
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 03:11:38 AM »

I, Dereich, publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.

X Dereich
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 03:18:08 AM »

This was a question posed in the other thread, so I'd like to pose it in this one.

Regional executives, if you are tapped to redraw the regions after the Senate and people have passed an amendment empowering you to do so, will you participate fully in the process? Do you believe this oath will prevent you from doing so?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:00:03 AM »

I, butafly, publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.

x butafly
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »

I echo Governor Tyrion's concerns, I decided not to join the opposite convention because of what I percieved was a certain conflict of interest (despite my strong support for regional reform), but what do Zuwo and Dereich think?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »

I, Spiral, publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.

X Spiral
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »

To be entirely honest, I haven't made up my mind yet since the question whether I will participate in redrawing the regions or not is not very high on my priority list.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »

How reactionary. Is this the Atlasian version of the Grover Norquist pledge?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »

How reactionary. Is this the Atlasian version of the Grover Norquist pledge?

I believe it is the other thread.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »

To be entirely honest, I haven't made up my mind yet since the question whether I will participate in redrawing the regions or not is not very high on my priority list.

Well, it's more a question of whether or not this pledge will interfere with what could be a constitutionally mandated duty.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »

I, JCL , publicly oppose regional consolidation.  I understand that the current regional makeup of Atlasia is part of a rich heritage of this country that many citizens wish to see go unchanged.  In the pursuit of protecting our regions and in the spirit of collaboration, I hereby join the Convention for Agreement on Retaining the Current Regions of Atlasia.  I recognize that Article IV, Section 2 lays out the procedures to change the regional boundaries; however, I believe that this should only be done on a small scale, not a large-scale consolidation.  I shall oppose any and all attempts to consolidate the regions of Atlasia.[/i]

X Assemblyman JCL
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies